Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament  (Read 20718 times)

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2012, 02:59:06 pm »

I love how the vampires are only 26 points down from the recruits, despite the vampires having two fewer people and supposedly being the weaker team. :P

I don't think you guys are really worse than us, the distinction is very blurred. We'll get a win one of these days though and put ourselves on top. ;)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2012, 03:56:21 pm »

We're basically right up to the points gap between clans with no wins and clans with at least one win. Hopefully that'll get crossed in the next couple of days.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 04:55:19 pm »

For some reason I'm not in the vampires?

I started playing and I got to like level 7 as an octopode, so I'm not entirely terrible.

Yunor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2012, 10:17:34 pm »

Yay! It's Yunor! Now I can pester him again ;)
Ok, can't wait ;)

I think Yunor really ought to be in the top team, IIRC from the last tournament, you're certainly a better player than me. I don't know if it's a good idea to start shuffling the teams around at this stage as it's going to cause confusion for the existing players, so for now I'll put you in Team 4 if you don't mind.

However, I don't know if lemon10 is going to show up, so maybe if he doesn't, I'll put you in my team later.
I'm fine in any team, I just don't think I can play that much.

Wooooo! Streaked with a HOFi of Oka->TSO with four runes. I considered going for the full 15, but I decided to not risk the streak.

Wow, great job!

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2012, 12:41:02 am »

By virtue of being in the Vampires, I've decided to try my hand at playing a vampire.

It's not working out too well.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2012, 09:04:33 am »

Progress update:

I am doing terribly  :'(

Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2012, 09:18:04 am »

I've had my share of heartbreak recently too.

Lost a troll who had just recently found the artifact +5,+10 whip "Snakebite" {venom, rPois} I was planning on heading down to Snake, but disgustingly shortly after picking up this weapon, I run into a lowly komodo dragon. I hit it, it hits me, I hit it down to nearly dead, it hits me down to 27 hps (of 98), I invoke Injury Mirror, certain that the damn thing is going to kill itself on me... it hits for exactly 27.

I'm currently sitting on high scores for 6 different combos, and if I continue my habit of making it to ~level 9 and dying, I'll probably manage to get a bunch more by tourny end... although I'd rather, you know, actually get a win.

I must say, with the new experience system, class means almost nothing now and it's super easy to get even the most gimped-sounding combos off the ground. Troll mage? Just divvy up experience 50/50 into fighting and unarmed. As long as you can kill even a handful of critters with magic darts, you'll be able to go into hand-to-hand by D:2.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:30:09 am by AlStar »

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2012, 09:37:47 am »

I think you would be better off putting all that XP into unarmed, at least until UA level 10 or so, rather than 50:50, but I am no expert at skill allocation. Fighting HP benefit was turned down a tad, and faster attacking (every 5 levels of UA combat skill should get your attack 1 energy cost less) is the name of the game
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2012, 11:26:59 am »

I'd like to play.  I have several wins but won't be able to play much in this tourny.

username: ggeezz

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2012, 11:51:02 am »

Damn, died and killed the streak. Ah well, at least now I can go for the crazier combos/15 runes without worrying about losing it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2012, 12:05:52 pm »

How do I join the Vampires? I've been killing uniques and I'd like these few points to go towards something.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2012, 02:40:40 pm »

Have you put the team captain's name at the start of your rcfile? If so, I can only suggest that both you and the captain (lerugray in your case) double check for spelling, capitalization etc.

So, I'm thinking of swapping the teams around so that some of the people who have joined late get put into the regular teams, and those who haven't joined their teams yet go into the "Bay 12 Reported Missing" team. Currently missing players are (as far as I can see) lemon10 and Detonate (hueasn.) If the other team captains agree anyway..

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2012, 02:57:47 pm »

Uh... let's see. Do I go into the options file and put in "# TEAMCAPTAIN lerugray"? It turns out I'm more clueless than I think I am.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2012, 03:26:17 pm »

Yeah, that should be the first line of your options file. It probably will take 10 minutes or so to update your status on crawl.akrasiac.org
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2012, 04:36:48 pm »

Yeah, that should be the first line of your options file. It probably will take 10 minutes or so to update your status on crawl.akrasiac.org

Far longer. They refresh clans every 4 hours or so.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15