Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament  (Read 20713 times)

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 12:48:41 pm »

Yeah, I used underscores.

Also, I don't think you need to put your own name in the TEAMMEMBERS if you're the captain.

ok sweet, its underscores now, should be set up for the rest of the team.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 12:52:43 pm »

Is it too late to join in? My user name is Porter, I did pretty good last tournament.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 12:56:57 pm »

I'd play but there is some serious delay in the online version for me, makes playing take 3-4x longer :/

Is that with webtiles? I play the ascii version online because of the lag with the tiles version.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 01:01:38 pm »

OK Recruits, I've set up the team. Please add
Code: [Select]
# TEAMCAPTAIN un67 to the top of your rcfile. Also, I suppose I should be giving a rousing speech to all of you, so allow me to copy and paste my speech from the last tournament :P

Alright, now that the clock is ticking and the and tournament is fast approaching in only a few hours, it's time for me to give my speech to my fellow Recruits:

Let's be honest here, we're a bit of a motley group. We're at a crossroads between being newbies and being experienced, and it's a painful crossroads to come across. It's hard to break past the point where you have runes but not any wins, and I know that just as much as each of you. We're not awesome like the Champions Forgotten Beasts. We haven't pulled off multiple wins with unlikely combos or 15-runes. We're not proven like the Blacksmiths. Most Some of us don't have wins at all. And yet I believe that this tournament is our time to shine. Why? Unlike the aforementioned groups, we have the most potential to get to a higher level. First (or second!) wins are well within reach of all of us if we can play to our strengths correctly, and I'm expecting to see them! Our triumphs will be hard and unexpected, but they'll be made sooner or later. Just remember, fellow Recruits, that inside each and every one of us there is the potential to become a Champion. All Champions have their beginnings as humble Recruits, after all, and with triumph they become noticed. It's not as hard as it may sound, triumph is, once again, well within reach, you just have to believe if, if not too much (the last thing we want is overconfidence).

Now let's go get some wins, Recruits! And when all else fails... play a KoBe  :P
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:03:20 pm by Un67 »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 02:08:00 pm »

ffs, killed myself.

Well, got massively hurt and confused by a spore, then saw an ogre. Paniced, tried a potion, hoping for healing... and got paralysis. *SPLAT*

Had a +6/+6 ring of slaying, a +0/+2 Flachion of Elec and a +0/+2 Sling of Fire - in all honestly, this should've been a win, or at least a _lot_ deeper, because that's just gravy items.

Farewell Demonspawn Berzerker, you will be missed.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 02:14:45 pm »

First win! Started off with something simple, a 3 rune MiGl of Trog.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 02:23:41 pm »

I've added Drakale to the Vampires, I assume there are no objections, so Un67 could add him to the team.

Congratulations to Kamina for a win already - I thought I was doing pretty well by getting to Lair by this time...

Don't forget that to join a team you have to put # TEAMCAPTAIN then the name of the team's captain in the rcfile. (for my team this is Train.)

I met two of my most feared uniques, Nessos and Rupert (not at the same time), and sure enough I got shot and badly poisoned by Nessos, and Rupert paralyzed me then went berserk. But somehow I managed to survive and kill them both.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 04:03:56 pm »

I'll join. I'm not particularly good, though.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 04:29:50 pm »

Seeing as you put me in with the Forgotten Beasts Moron, I shall try to raise my game... hopefully Dr Feelgood will have a change of heart and I can get relegated to a less high profile team though  :o

Anyway, I realised my first mistake earlier on, and thus suicided a decent looking DrTm I had going which I started several hours before the tourney began, D'oh. Now I just splatted a SETm, so not sure what to do next. Maybe some Beserker action to try at least hit up the Lair...

Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 07:09:36 pm »

After splatting a ton of characters, I have finally gotten one onto its feet and have cleared out most of Lair except 8 which has a nasty endvault. It's a HOMo of Trog. (Don't ask.)

Rafellows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 07:34:36 pm »

I'll join a lower team, farthest i've gotten is lair and i only died because of drinking an unid'd potion of paralysis by a hydra... which i'm still unsure as to why i did that.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 12:22:41 am »

I've being trying out the new races. The octo race seems like it could be really powerful... but you'd need to get awfully lucky with some powerful early rings.

I've actually got a decent Felid going now (level 11 BE currently) but I'm just not seeing how they're supposed to scale up to match anything that comes at them - I've already used up two lives - once I got single-shotted by a priest, then a whole bunch of orc warriors did me in. I'm stronger now, but without some artifact rings, I just don't see how I can become any stronger than I currently am (+5 str ring, magic ring, guardian angel amulet) - there's just no slots to fill.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 01:22:20 am »

Hrm... I think Kamina might have just won a game :P

+11 artifact crystal plate mail on a heavy armor HOPr of Okawaru.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 02:18:19 am »

Hah, yeah, Oka has been uncharacteristically good to me this game. He gifted me both that randart and a demon trident early on. Anyways, I'm calling it quits for the night with the shoals and snake runes. If I win this one, it'll be my first streak! :D

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 07:12:30 am »

Added Xgamer4 to Vampires.

Rafellows can be captain of Team 4, don't know how many other players will join though. Alternatively, if some of the players in the other teams don't turn up, he could replace them.

My first character is still alive, though it looks very unlikely I'll get the Nemelex's Choice for MiSt now, as there have already been 4 wins with the combo and only the first 5 count. (Assuming I get a win at all that is... :-\)

edit: re Octopodes, probably the best way to get through the early game is to play an IE - Ozocubu's Armour can give some much needed AC. EEs with Stoneskin can work too. Don't know about Felids though as I've never really played them.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:14:15 am by Moron »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15