Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187771 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fifth Rest Phase
« Reply #750 on: March 23, 2012, 05:28:52 pm »

The vote is for 'pressure'.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 23, 2012, 05:29:11 pm »

Currently there are 3 votes to Extend and 2 Against, for a net of 1 vote to Extend.

You should really stop lying. It makes you look bad.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 23, 2012, 05:31:37 pm »

4 votes total needed to Extend the rest phase.
Never attribute to malice what you can attribute to stupidity.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 23, 2012, 05:32:24 pm »

Currently there are 3 votes to Extend and 2 Against, for a net of 1 vote to Extend.
So yeah.

And I'm out.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 23, 2012, 05:35:34 pm »

And still defending yourself, I see - no questions of your own for the lurker that finally showed up?

Because here's what I think - we're at Lylo, because there are still two scum left.  We've got to get it right. But you don't seem terrible interested in that, do you? Why not? What, exactly, was even the REASON for the symbolic extend, when we've extended before with no repercussions?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 23, 2012, 05:59:12 pm »

And still defending yourself
Does explanation of my actions count as defense? I honestly don't care if you accept it or not, I explained my actions (even provided the rationale for it), and that was it. If you don't accept it, fine, let's move on.

You done this before, tunneling a target like Urist and Bookthras. You backed off from both targets though. It's normal behavior from you, so I'm honestly not concerned. The only question I have is whether that behavior is survivor/scum-hunting-based or scum-based.

Because here's what I think - we're at Lylo, because there are still two scum left.
Here's what I think, there's only one scum left and we're at LYLO. We mislynch, we lose. If there's two scum left, then the game's essentially over, and there's no reason for me to continue because if we lynch one scum and the second scum survive the Run Phase, then they win when they get to the ship and escape. And if you believe that "kills are not determined by random chance", then the scum is not going to kill themselves.

You previously said that you assume that the game will continue when we reach the ship. That's fine, but that's not a "We've got to get it right." attitude. If we mislynch, and then a "town" gets killed, we'd have 2 scum and 3 "town", and that's when we've got to get it right.

In fact...

Yes, exactly - this is potentially our last day, because lets be honest, we don't KNOW what's going to happen tomorrow. I say we treat it as such - there's no guarantee we'll get another chance at killing scum.

For all we know, the rules could change tomorrow - maybe only 3 of us can fit on the ship or something, and we need to vote for the three. Or maybe we lost. Or maybe we win. Regardless, I don't want to take that risk.
GlyphGryph: What made you confident that there is 2 scum right now, when earlier in the Fifth Rest Phase, you were less certain?

no questions of your own for the lurker that finally showed up?
Because we're waiting for Shakerag to do "the other half of the two way confirm". And the "we" is intentional, you questioned me and not the lurker. Hypocrisy seems to be a null tell to me though.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 23, 2012, 06:17:13 pm »

Here's something to note though. If Shakerag "checks out", then my vote is going to Urist I. His story is untenable due to the information provided by the roleclaims that make his explanations about Bookthras' protection/death more and more tenuous and the suspicious nature of his own pilot claim (which could be used to lure out other pilots for him to be NKed). Despite claiming that pilots are important, he has not been a night-kill target...the only way that makes sense if he was scum.

If he is scum though, that means that doppelgangers are not the only scum faction in this game though. But I'm fine with that. Scum=scum=scum.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 23, 2012, 06:17:55 pm »

And that will not be a "pressure" vote. It'd be a vote to lynch. I'm done dealing with him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 23, 2012, 06:24:38 pm »

Why did you take so long to post, and why are you posting now? What happened, what changed?
Busy as hell, especially yesterday. Becoming less busy and the fact that the deadline's today helped with that.

I am, unfortunately, still too burned out to make more meaningful contributions at this time. On that note, what do you make of Urist's lack of a role? What makes you think there's exactly two scum left? Who (if any) do you think was scum that we've disposed of?

Here's what I think, there's only one scum left and we're at LYLO. We mislynch, we lose.
Wait wait wait wait.

You think it's LYLO and you're advocating LAL on people you don't actually suspect?

ServantServantServantServant.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 23, 2012, 06:55:52 pm »

IRONYOWL. WHY DID JIM NOT SEE YOU VISIT ME N2.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 23, 2012, 07:19:54 pm »

You think it's LYLO and you're advocating LAL on people you don't actually suspect?
I'm not advocating LAL, show me where I was.

Quote from: Urist
Your target knowing that your vote is for 'pressure' removes any potential pressure that the vote could create.
Why would that be? Pressure votes can be converted into actual votes fairly quickly.

You just want someone gone and don't care who.
...No, I want scum gone, and your actions make me think you're scum.

Dealing with me? When have you dealt with me?
By having you still breathe right next to me and having to hear you continually speak.

Awfully quick to claim nonexistent hypocrisy, aren't you?
Alright, I was wrong then.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 23, 2012, 07:31:32 pm »

The Vote Tally
IronyOwl: Urist Imiknorris
Shakerag: GlyphGryph, Servant Corps
Urist Imiknorris: Toaster
Servant Corps: IronyOwl

Rest phase has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 23, 2012, 07:49:33 pm »

Irony:  UI claimed Alien Survivor, which indeed shows as No Role when detectived- see the role list.

UI raises an excellent point about how your claim and Jim's don't match.  What is the flavor of your inspect?  How do you determine someone's role while running beside them?

Also, Dariush's result of Reporter and his actions are highly inconsistent.  If he's, for example, a standard dopp reporter, the crap he made up might just be part of his fakeclaim.  However, if he's alien infiltrator scum, why did he inspect as reporter?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 23, 2012, 08:06:34 pm »

I also think its unlikely we'd have two straight reporters - unless, of course, we have a scum reporter, which is certainly possible.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 23, 2012, 08:22:48 pm »

Also, Dariush's result of Reporter and his actions are highly inconsistent.  If he's, for example, a standard dopp reporter, the crap he made up might just be part of his fakeclaim.  However, if he's alien infiltrator scum, why did he inspect as reporter?
Why would captor infiltrators have to be 'aliens'? It's possible for a Doppelganger/Human to try and actively sabotage us in order to help the aliens that previously captured us.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 63