Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187741 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fifth Rest Phase
« Reply #735 on: March 23, 2012, 04:13:40 pm »

He's been online pretty regularly and basically refuses to post. He gets lynched. That simple.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 23, 2012, 04:16:22 pm »

Still one vote needed to extend.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 23, 2012, 04:18:18 pm »

Well, your extension counted for two - you changed from oppose to support, right?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 23, 2012, 04:19:24 pm »

Yes, so there are now three of the needed four.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 23, 2012, 04:40:15 pm »

Quote from: Toaster
I don't like this.  You want Irony to answer, but you're against giving him more time?   You sure you don't just want him lynched?
Because if flavor matters, then a no-extension could slow us down and thus could lead to more people getting killed in the Run Phase, which means more potential targets die, putting the "town" at risk if it is already in LYLO. If targets are selected randomly, then scum could potentially die instead of town, but it's a risk that I personally will not take. It's essentially a Hail Mary maneuver that I don't want to risk. It really wouldn't matter, as there are 4 votes for an extend (GlyphGryph, Urist Imiknorris, Shakerag, and Toaster). I'll keep my symbolic vote of Opposition  though.

I don't want to lynch Irony automatically because I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I am concerned that scum might want to push for an Irony lynch so that they don't get lynched. But Irony's non-posting-behavior is not helping him any.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 23, 2012, 04:52:16 pm »

It's not "symbolic" - it is, very much, going to guarantee end of day.

You are going to be personally responsible for us lynching Irony automatically.

You are, essentially, acting like a lying liar.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 23, 2012, 05:06:28 pm »

I'm tempted to say fuck it if you bastards don't want to extend let's have a fucking no lynch, break this fucking setup wide open.

Tempted.

But I'd much rather lynch the lot of you, Jim and Toaster excluded.

Servant - Opposing an extend, basically insuring another player gets lynched, when we could get more info about that player from someone else. Very scummy.
IronyOwl - Lurking like woah and he's been active on the boards. On the other hand, he did something to Dariush N1. What did he do? Very scummy.
Urist - Keeps citing knowledge in ways that make him seem less than honest. Scummy, but currently less so than the above 2.
Shakerag - comes up with a very convenient role in the end game, that just so happens to be waiting on confirmation or denial of a super-lurking player to gauge its veracity. Oh, and he's a pilot. And he's done practically nothing memorable all game. Scummy.

If I no lynch, more of us might get caught, sure. But maybe some of you bastards will too.

* GlyphGryph sighs.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 23, 2012, 05:09:05 pm »

The opposition is entirely symbolic. You need 4 votes to Extend, and you already got your 4 votes, so you don't need any more votes at all. All I'm seeing is an individual frantically looking for targets.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 23, 2012, 05:10:50 pm »

Looks like somebody doesn't know the extension rules.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 23, 2012, 05:13:37 pm »

Extensions: Extensions require at least 25% of the living players requesting an extension. Votes against the extension will reduce the counted number requesting (so, of 8 players if 3 vote for an extension and one votes against it it's still 2 for, which is 25%, which grants the extension.)
Extensions will extend the day by 24 hours. No more then two extensions will be granted on any given game day.

Alright, I'm wrong then. Vote Extend then.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 23, 2012, 05:16:12 pm »

you know, It said that in Mephs last post. And then Urist said it. And then I said. With me, Meph, and Urist all saying it, you just... what, thought it would be great fun to tempt fate? Really?

Congratulations, your back up at the top of the list of people to lynch tomorrow, but we've got other fish to fry.

Shakerag - get in here and post what you know about IronyOwl. Out him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 23, 2012, 05:20:16 pm »

Extend. Sorry about the extended absence.

To start with, my role is Detective.

N1: Dariush was a Reporter

N2: Urist has No Role. I do not know the significance of this as it relates to his pilot claim. My ability is not tech-based as far as I'm aware.

N3: Bookthras was an Observant Guard. This means that either Jim is lying, or that he was killed directly, not in defense of Urist.

N4: Toaster is a Military Scientist.

This leaves us with no (claimed) guardians and a missing N3 kill. While I don't know the significance of that specifically, it does mean Urist has never been the protected target of a (non-tech) NK.

Toaster:
Irony:  I'd still like you to answer Book's questions from his post to you.
Questions for you: What is your read of Toaster, Shakerag, and Jim? Why do you think there was no kill N3? Tolyk and Toony claimed dopp, how many more dopps do you think are amongst us? How do you think this matters?
You I'm getting mildly odd vibes off of. I can't place it specifically, but I don't really trust you.

Shakerag seems derpy but not necessarily scummy. I don't think I'm qualified to properly tell the two apart on him, but his bastardness speculation, for instance, hasn't seemed malicious.

Jim I think is town. That Powder incident strikes me as something Scum Jim would have handled much differently, and the rest of his play hasn't given me any reason to doubt that.

I don't know why there was no kill N3. I'm somewhat dubious of it being the shorten, but most of the reasons I could think of are baseless speculation.

I'd probably assume around three dopps, depending on what they are and do. Assuming TolyK was telling the truth (which I'd find dubious except it mimics what we've seen in Bookthras fairly well), not all dopps are necessarily the same, though. If they're just another role (as Toony's claim was), there's no real way to tell. If they're a separate faction of some sort, either real or as a distraction, I'd go with three.

I don't know how this would matter, though, because I don't know how we'd tell the difference. Servant Corps' claim does seem to imply that either they're a threat or he's a liar, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 23, 2012, 05:24:46 pm »

Why did you take so long to post, and why are you posting now? What happened, what changed?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 23, 2012, 05:26:17 pm »

unvote vote Shakerag

Now for the other half of the two way confirm.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 23, 2012, 05:28:29 pm »

you know, It said that in Mephs last post.
All Meph's last post said was 'total votes' in favor, which I didn't even get what that meant...until I read Meph's OP.

Unvote IronyOwl, vote Shakerag for now though.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 63