Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187945 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Third Rest Phase
« Reply #450 on: March 11, 2012, 07:19:36 am »

Dariush/Toony:  Why do you think it's a good idea to try something the mod specially said was a bad thing?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 11, 2012, 07:33:51 am »

Dariush/Toony:  Why do you think it's a good idea to try something the mod specially said was a bad thing?
This is a bastard game, remember?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 11, 2012, 12:20:18 pm »

The Vote Tally
Toonyman: Bookthras, IronyOwl, Urist Imiknorris, Zrk2
No Lynch: Dariush, Toonyman

Rest phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

Think0028 has requested a Replacement
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 11, 2012, 01:03:38 pm »

ToonyMan:
Answer this: is there scum or isn't there? If you think there is, who do you think is it? And why wouldn't you lynch them instead of someone who you don't think is scum?
I think there are scum, the run phase targets being the largest evidence.  What I'm saying is for now we can get more time because scum will slip up more as the game goes along.  We can also figure the game out more.  I want it to be less 'wait-and-see' and more 'active-aggressive'.  Which it clearly would be.  My proposal is only going to help town unless they act useless.
This is the main fallacy of your plan: mislynching is self-defeating, not active-aggressive, and it doesn't help town. It helps scum. Fewer escapees means the escape is that much closer to failing.  You wouldn't get "more time for scum to slip up more", you'd get less time because the scum would be that much closer to winning.

I can't believe you don't see this. The only explanation for why you'd advocate a plan that favours scum is that you are scum. But now you've moved away from that to an even worse plan. I remind you what Meph said about your wonderful nolynch idea:

The whole idea behind leaving someone behind is for them to slow down your chasers so the rest of you escape. If you decide not to leave anyone behind, you are more likely to get a bunch of you caught. At least, that's what's happened so far during this escape.

If we nolynch, we lose not one, but "a bunch". You really think this is a good plan? Yes, you think it is a good plan, but for scum. That's why you propose it.

So, is flavour "most importantly", or "a secondary reason"? What "clues" would you expect to gather, and, once again, what exactly would you learn from the lynch if the flavour says "sigh" instead of "oh noes!" or viceversa?
Heh, I meant gather clues as in finding scum and the flavor.  Finding scum takes priority obviously.  I should have made this more clear.
And please tell us: how would purposefully mislynching or nolynching help finding scum? What clues do you hope to gather, and how would you use them?

Jim:
You really upped the anger for Rest Phase 3, haven't you? What the hell are you so mad about?
I was really upset by losing the second pilot in a row, and seeing the "meh" reaction by Toony and others, very much the same after losing Native on run 1. It's frustrating that people don't seem to give a crap about getting to the ship with a person able to fly it. The utter lack of enthusiasm about actually lynching scum is also annoying, though part of that is Meph's fault, as lack of roleflips are hard to work with.

Dariush:
Sure, sure, that's you talking smart, is it? By the way, Dariush, way to jump on his defence.
...Wow, epic overreaction. [...] We still don't know anything useful. I think we should no lynch and look at the results. If more than one guy dies during the night, we'll be reasonably sure the scum are xeno infiltrators. In any case we'll know more than we do now and will be able to do something beyond losing two people every day without getting roleflips.
Re: overreaction: it seemed suspicious to me that you jumped to say Toony's "why PM" post was sarcastic. He didn't indicate that, and Jim took him as straight, as did I, so it seemed defensive of him. Not damning, but suspicious. Your most recent post and nolynch proposal, however, is more so, and adds you to the list of probable anti-town:

For starters, if more than one guy dies during the night, we're down six or more players, none of which seemed to be anti-escape; how close do you think we'd be to losing the game by then? Do you think you'd have enough time to use your new knowledge of "oh, apparently, someone is indeed out to get us"? How would you use it?

Second, we do know a few useful things: a) there are pilots, therefore it seems we need one to fly the ship; b) someone is purposefully killing them; c) we're standing here with our thumbs up our asses speculating the best way to kill townies instead of doing something about it; d) nolynching will result in "a bunch" of us getting captured.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 11, 2012, 01:47:12 pm »

a) there are pilots, therefore it seems we need one to fly the ship;
Show me solid proof there are pilots.
b) someone is purposefully killing them;
Or someone is purposefully killing someone that someone thinks are pilots.
c) we're standing here with our thumbs up our asses speculating the best way to kill townies instead of doing something about it;
Spot-on. Except by 'us' you mean everyon except me and Toony.
d) nolynching will result in "a bunch" of us getting captured.
Again, this is a bastard game, so we can't be sure of it.
Re: overreaction: it seemed suspicious to me that you jumped to say Toony's "why PM" post was sarcastic. He didn't indicate that, and Jim took him as straight, as did I, so it seemed defensive of him. Not damning, but suspicious.
I got tired of your tunneling, which you took up to eleven by FoSing me instead of taking it down a bit.

Nothing you say has any relevance whatsoever. What are your thoughts on the current situation and what we should do about it? Continue lynching people whose aligment we don't know and won't know even after their death until nobody remains?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 11, 2012, 02:38:24 pm »

Dude, you're not even trying. But sure:

a) there are pilots, therefore it seems we need one to fly the ship;
Show me solid proof there are pilots.
a) Native and Powder claimed pilot; b) they were nightkilled, each the only death each night, therefore they were not scum; c) townies have no motivation to fake claim on D1; d) therefore, they didn't fake claim, hence they were pilots.

b) someone is purposefully killing them;
Or someone is purposefully killing someone that someone thinks are pilots.
Which means the same thing: someone who believes pilots exist is purposefully killing them.

c) we're standing here with our thumbs up our asses speculating the best way to kill townies instead of doing something about it;
Spot-on. Except by 'us' you mean everyon except me and Toony.
So you aren't trying to find a way to kill townies? Do you think that getting "a bunch" of escapees captured thanks to a nolynch is not a way to kill townies? Will the scum capture themselves?

d) nolynching will result in "a bunch" of us getting captured.
Again, this is a bastard game, so we can't be sure of it.
Sure, it's a bastard, but I see no reason to think Meph lied on his description of a nolynch, as it is consistent with the flavour, and he hasn't been shown to lie yet on votecounts, flavour and the like. Do you really think he's lying about this, and are you willing to sacrifice 2+ escapees to test it?

Re: overreaction: it seemed suspicious to me that you jumped to say Toony's "why PM" post was sarcastic. He didn't indicate that, and Jim took him as straight, as did I, so it seemed defensive of him. Not damning, but suspicious.
I got tired of your tunneling, which you took up to eleven by FoSing me instead of taking it down a bit.
How is my first post of the day, the first time I ever voted him, "tunneling" him? But more importantly: why would you care at all about me "tunneling" Toony? If I was tunneling you, I'd understand it, but I wasn't. You admit you jumped in to prevent me from attacking him. That's scummy as hell.

Nothing you say has any relevance whatsoever. What are your thoughts on the current situation and what we should do about it? Continue lynching people whose aligment we don't know and won't know even after their death until nobody remains?
Certainly lynching people whose alignment we suspect is anti-town is better than lynching townies on purpose or nolynching to see whether Meph was sincere about that "bunch" thing. I do agree that there's probably some elements about the game we're not seeing yet (the dopps may yet get hungry, for starters), but nolynching is not conducive to figure it out at all. Do you have any other ideas? You know, something that is not losing the game on purpose?

And you failed to answer my question. Please respond to this:
For starters, if more than one guy dies during the night, we're down six or more players, none of which seemed to be anti-escape; how close do you think we'd be to losing the game by then? Do you think you'd have enough time to use your new knowledge of "oh, apparently, someone is indeed out to get us"? How would you use it?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Third Rest Phase - REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #456 on: March 11, 2012, 02:50:31 pm »

Everybody remember to lynch Bookthras before the game ends.  It's important to have as many wins as possible.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 11, 2012, 03:44:15 pm »

Screw the rules!  Hahaha!!!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 11, 2012, 04:08:20 pm »

Yep, Toony and Dariush are both scum. Both of you, tell me: Why do you think it's more important to no-lynch for Science than to actually hunt scum?

Everybody remember to lynch Bookthras before the game ends.  It's important to have as many wins as possible.
Thank you for revealing that there are at least three scum. We lynch you today, your buddy Dariush tomorrow, then once the obvscum are gone, lynch Bookthras so that your final teammate (probably Shakerag) can reach the ship?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 11, 2012, 04:46:50 pm »

No that's stupid.  I doubt the scum have to reach the ship.  They have to be lying about their role.

Also since I should probably share this if my lynch goes through (which seems likely), I'm a Tough Dopp and pretty much the same thing as TolyK.  He could protect while it seems I'm just passively tough.  There's probably a few other serum dopps out there but they can't possibly mean any harm.  I didn't get any other information besides to get on the ship.  I can't see a way out of this so this looks like a lost for me.  Oh well I feel bad about this game.

And no, there's no possibility I would cause harm anybody.  If everybody wants to follow Meph's logic to the fucking T then he said himself that I'm perfectly fine.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 11, 2012, 05:11:12 pm »

You didn't answer my question.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 11, 2012, 06:55:53 pm »

Do you mean passively implying at me?  Sorry I didn't catch the drift.

No you're wrong and being a moron.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 11, 2012, 06:57:16 pm »

No, this question:

Both of you, tell me: Why do you think it's more important to no-lynch for Science than to actually hunt scum?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 11, 2012, 07:01:02 pm »

Well that's not the case at all but whatever.  It's not a no-lynch for science either.  It's a no-lynch to more likely win the game.  You are all in entirely the wrong mind-set.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 11, 2012, 10:53:36 pm »

GlyphGryph is replacing in for Think.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 63