Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187925 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Third Rest Phase
« Reply #420 on: March 09, 2012, 02:12:56 pm »

I'm going to propose today (since I mentioned it earlier) that we should vote someone who's goal is to only see somebody else survive, because then we can save ourselves more time and most importantly gather clues.  I really want to see Meph's flavor for the third guy that stays behind too.  Two is coincidence, three is more solid truth?  Of course I'd prefer if the person getting voted is okay with it.  Since TolyK should have been against it yet his flavor was a lot more willing to believe.

So first NativeForeigner, now Powder Miner.  If there's a scum team making choices I have no idea why the hell they would choose these guys.
Really? No idea? This after you spent all D2 after him, and were told repeatedly why we needed him to survive? Also Really? "If there's a scum team"? There's a doubt in your mind by now? Do you think random chance has been killing pilots?
Screw you, ToonyMan, you are clearly scum.
Looks like someone's sarcasm detector is broken...
It's my fault for talking too smart.

ToonyMan, same reasons as yesterday.
Brilliant.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 09, 2012, 02:37:25 pm »

I'm going to propose today (since I mentioned it earlier) that we should vote someone who's goal is to only see somebody else survive, because then we can save ourselves more time and most importantly gather clues.  I really want to see Meph's flavor for the third guy that stays behind too.  Two is coincidence, three is more solid truth?  Of course I'd prefer if the person getting voted is okay with it.
Sure, sure, that's you talking smart, is it? By the way, Dariush, way to jump on his defence.

Let's dissect your ridiculous proposal:
a) Instead of indulging your scummy attempt at lynching someone who isn't trying to prevent the escape, how about we lynch someone who is? Perhaps someone who has been trying to get pilots lynched, and seems unconcerned by losing the second one?
b) Unless I missed it, I'm the only other one who has claimed non-survivor. I'm not OK with it. If you vote me, as far as I'm concerned it would be to get rid of those pressuring you, which makes you even more scummy.
c) Why am I not OK with it? Because I want the escape to happen, and getting me lynched is not conducive to that end. I also dispute the notion that you'd learn something, as there are no flips. The flavour difference seems trivial enough. Tell me exactly what you would learn if I'm lynched and the flavour says "sigh" instead of "oh noes!" or viceversa, and whether that's worth mislynching again.
d) Fuck you, scum. Let's lynch you instead.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 09, 2012, 02:45:21 pm »

Toony:  While the theory behind your proposal is sound, aren't we then just voting someone based on a flavor difference and not because they're actually scummy?  Who did you have in mind?

Pilot or not, Urist I's obsession with getting protected is scummy.

I was about to say Book was being awfully quiet, but there he comes now.  Given your case on Toony, what is your current read on Urist I?

Shakerag:  You're still quiet as hell, and quiet Shakerag is scum Shakerag.  Who is scum and why?  I want at least two names.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 09, 2012, 03:07:16 pm »

Toony:  While the theory behind your proposal is sound, aren't we then just voting someone based on a flavor difference and not because they're actually scummy?  Who did you have in mind?
That's a secondary reason.  The main reason is to buy time so that more things can happen.  It's a lot better than shooting blind.

This is for alive people
Get on the ship
Toaster
ToonyMan
Dariush
Think
Shakerag
Zrk2
Jim
IronyOwl

Someone else makes it
Bookthras

Unspoken (or I missed them)
Urist Imiknorris

Although it seems unfortunately that Bookthras is the only one to claim someone else makes it.  It's worth asking at least.  Bookthras, would you mind being voted for the good of the town?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 09, 2012, 03:09:45 pm »

You missed me. I claimed Escape on the ship D1.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 09, 2012, 03:16:19 pm »

You missed me. I claimed Escape on the ship D1.
Yeah I just looked at at recently when Toaster asks everybody.  :P

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 09, 2012, 03:17:37 pm »

Toaster: Nice post. Full of quotables, and betraying your intentions...

Toony:  While the theory behind your proposal is sound, aren't we then just voting someone based on a flavor difference and not because they're actually scummy?
Sound? How is it sound? Please answer this: what exactly would you learn from the lynch if the flavour says "sigh" instead of "oh noes!" or viceversa, and whether that's worth risking a mislynch at this point.

I was about to say Book was being awfully quiet, but there he comes now.
Really? My last post was late last night, barely 12 hours ago, and only two posts up from your last. How is that awfully quiet? I say you are here grasping at straws, and trying to fabricate lurkiness where none exists. That's scummy of you.

Given your case on Toony, what is your current read on Urist I?
Neutral. He did one scummy thing D1, but has not done more since, and I will hardly advocate we lynch the remaining claimed pilot without a lot of further evidence. In fact, I will consider anyone who thinks we should scummy. Do you think we should?

Shakerag:  You're still quiet as hell, and quiet Shakerag is scum Shakerag.  Who is scum and why?  I want at least two names.
Sure, go after the lurkers. That's really incisive play from you, Toaster, at D3 and down two pilots. Not that I disagree, Shakerag and all other lurkers should delurk and participate, but you making this kind of point your main attack on D3 is not scumhunting, but merely keeping up appearances to avoid being called on it.

I still think Toaster is scum. I think ToonyMan is scummier. Lynching one of these two would be the best thing we can do this phase.

PPE: ToonyScum: a) I already answered here: No, fuck you, and your asking for it is scummy; and b) "For the good of the town" is both scummy ("hey look! I'm helping the town!") and false (how is lynching someone who is not trying to prevent the escape "good for the town"?). And address my points!
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2012, 03:24:51 pm »

Book:  Allow me to refer you to this post.  You're absolutely right that it isn't great scumhunting- I didn't think that I had to do much the first two days, so when I realized my error, I was suddenly left without cases on anyone other than Urist I.

I called you as quiet because you hadn't been as vocal D2 as you usually had been and you hadn't said anything at night like you speculated might be relevant.  Your first post of D3 was hardly content rich, but then you brought it while I was typing.

I don't think you're lurking, but I still wanted to hear more from you.

Shakerag, on the other hand, is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 09, 2012, 03:26:40 pm »

I notice that you FoS anybody who sides with me even the slightest.  That's over antagonizing and silly, hehe.

Let's dissect your ridiculous proposal:
a) Instead of indulging your scummy attempt at lynching someone who isn't trying to prevent the escape, how about we lynch someone who is? Perhaps someone who has been trying to get pilots lynched, and seems unconcerned by losing the second one?
b) Unless I missed it, I'm the only other one who has claimed non-survivor. I'm not OK with it. If you vote me, as far as I'm concerned it would be to get rid of those pressuring you, which makes you even more scummy.
c) Why am I not OK with it? Because I want the escape to happen, and getting me lynched is not conducive to that end. I also dispute the notion that you'd learn something, as there are no flips. The flavour difference seems trivial enough. Tell me exactly what you would learn if I'm lynched and the flavour says "sigh" instead of "oh noes!" or viceversa, and whether that's worth mislynching again.
d) Fuck you, scum. Let's lynch you instead.
a)If you're talking about me then no, I don't want to be lynched.  I feel my proposal is a much smarter strategy, it allows us to play safe instead of suddenly asking all the pilots to claim (Urist) or trying to lynch random people in this bastard game with no role-flips whatsoever.
b)Ah, see I missed reading this previously otherwise there's no reason I would ask you again.  I don't think you're scum Bookthras, because scum wouldn't go against the flow of everybody else's claims.  So don't get the wrong idea there.  It's basically the same thing as TolyK's case with him claiming dopp and I still side that he didn't mean any harm.
c)I already addressed this.  The flavor is my own secondary and personal observation.  A lot of people discussed it so I took interest as well.  The main reason is to play smart like I said in my a) statement.
d)Brilliant.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 09, 2012, 03:41:24 pm »

ToonyMan:
I notice that you FoS anybody who sides with me even the slightest.  That's over antagonizing and silly, hehe.
I called both you and Toaster as scum early D2, so it's not new. I did find Dariush jumping to defend you suspicious, but not nearly as much as you two.

I feel my proposal is a much smarter strategy, it allows us to play safe instead of suddenly asking all the pilots to claim (Urist) or trying to lynch random people in this bastard game with no role-flips whatsoever. [...] I don't think you're scum Bookthras,
This seems to be the crux of your proposal: that lynching a non-scum is safe. This is utterly scummy bullshit. Do you not think there's scum out there? How is it safer to knowingly mislynch than try to lynch scum? How many more mislynches do you think we can afford?

Answer this: is there scum or isn't there? If you think there is, who do you think is it? And why wouldn't you lynch them instead of someone who you don't think is scum?

You also said earlier:
The main reason is to buy time so that more things can happen.  It's a lot better than shooting blind.
This is the most revoltingly scummy statement ever. How is mislynching "buying more time so that more things can happen"? Aren't you at all worried that the scum outnumbering the town is one of the things that "can happen"?

This is not playing smart. This is asking the town to mislynch on purpose, giving the utterly scummy and idiotic reasons "to buy time", "for the good of the town" and "the flavour may be interesting". Go hang, scum.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 09, 2012, 04:03:26 pm »

ToonyMan (addendum):
You also contradict yourself here:
we should vote someone who's goal is to only see somebody else survive, because then we can save ourselves more time and most importantly gather clues.  I really want to see Meph's flavor for the third guy that stays behind too.
Toony:  While the theory behind your proposal is sound, aren't we then just voting someone based on a flavor difference and not because they're actually scummy?
That's a secondary reason.  The main reason is to buy time so that more things can happen.
So, is flavour "most importantly", or "a secondary reason"? What "clues" would you expect to gather, and, once again, what exactly would you learn from the lynch if the flavour says "sigh" instead of "oh noes!" or viceversa?

Toaster:
Book:  Allow me to refer you to this post.  You're absolutely right that it isn't great scumhunting- I didn't think that I had to do much the first two days, so when I realized my error, I was suddenly left without cases on anyone other than Urist I.
I did read it, and found it weak. But never mind that. That posts says:

I'm going to look things over and come back with something concrete.
Then you come back and accuse me of being awfully quiet and asking lurkers to delurk. Where is the "something concrete" you promised? What is Toaster's #1 scumtell again? Yeah.

You also failed to answer my question:
Sound? How is it sound? Please answer this: what exactly would you learn from the lynch if the flavour says "sigh" instead of "oh noes!" or viceversa, and whether that's worth risking a mislynch at this point.
Please justify calling ToonyMan's proposal "sound."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 09, 2012, 04:12:43 pm »

Book:  I called the theory sound, not the proposal itself.  You'll note I had much the same objection to it as you.

In any case, the theory is sound because it's a bastard mod- trying to figure out the bastardry (especially when we're missing something as relevant as roleflips) is a reasonable action.  I dispute his intended methodology, though, and said as such.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 09, 2012, 04:53:03 pm »

Toony:
I really want to see Meph's flavor for the third guy that stays behind too.
Why do you want to see this for Bookthras more than anyone else? How do you feel a third lynch flavor will help us do better tomorrow, and why is it worth intentionally mislynching today?

because then we can save ourselves more time and most importantly gather clues.
The main reason is to buy time so that more things can happen.
Such as?

It's basically the same thing as TolyK's case with him claiming dopp and I still side that he didn't mean any harm.
But you were opposed to TolyK's lynch. What changed?

Imiknorris, what was your case on Toony again? All I could find was some wording discrepancy you didn't like.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 09, 2012, 04:59:13 pm »

Imiknorris, what was your case on Toony again? All I could find was some wording discrepancy you didn't like.
That and he put up resistance to claiming his win condition.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 09, 2012, 05:37:40 pm »

So ... either you're reaction fishing or the master of meta-analysis, because I've been in five completed games so far and scum in only one of those.  And I would certainly propose Paranormal 20 as a counter-claim to quiet Shakerag is scum Shakerag.  However, I'll honor your demand as I was taking a re-read of the thread anyway.

Okay, re-reading through, the two at the top of my list right now are Toonyman and Urist I.  The former for his plan about lynching Bookthras primarily, and the latter for repeatedly asking for protects, the pilot massclaim thing, and talking about bandwagoning during RVS.  However, I don't feel there's enough there to vote either one yet. 

I did notice a few things pertaining to the setup worth mentioning/discussing:

Given the flavor from the end of the last run phase, it seems that TolyK didn't hold off our pursuers because it was mentioned that security forces were showing up behind us.  It's still possible that one or more players may have an ability to hold them off for longer, but we haven't seen that so far. 

Meph keeps alluding that there may be another "run" phase after the sixth rest phase depending on the situation at the ship.  This makes me wonder that if we do get to the ship without a pilot, there is a possibility that in exchange for leaving an additional person behind we can take the time to learn about the ship and figure out how to pilot it. 

Given that "tonight" will be the third run phase, I suppose we'll see if the whole dopp serum thing checks out or not, as traditionally dopps can only stave off bloodlust for two nights.  If the serum thing is true, do we know how much the dopps have packed with them?  Maybe that ties in with the situation at the ship.  Two days, fine; third day, serum, two days, fine; sixth day ... out of serum, om nom nom time? 

PPE:  11 new replies while I was typing.  Man these things take me a while. 
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 63