Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187937 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Third Rest Phase
« Reply #435 on: March 09, 2012, 08:21:05 pm »

Answer this: is there scum or isn't there? If you think there is, who do you think is it? And why wouldn't you lynch them instead of someone who you don't think is scum?
I think there are scum, the run phase targets being the largest evidence.  What I'm saying is for now we can get more time because scum will slip up more as the game goes along.  We can also figure the game out more.  I want it to be less 'wait-and-see' and more 'active-aggressive'.  Which it clearly would be.  My proposal is only going to help town unless they act useless.

ToonyMan (addendum):
You also contradict yourself here:
we should vote someone who's goal is to only see somebody else survive, because then we can save ourselves more time and most importantly gather clues.  I really want to see Meph's flavor for the third guy that stays behind too.
Toony:  While the theory behind your proposal is sound, aren't we then just voting someone based on a flavor difference and not because they're actually scummy?
That's a secondary reason.  The main reason is to buy time so that more things can happen.
So, is flavour "most importantly", or "a secondary reason"? What "clues" would you expect to gather, and, once again, what exactly would you learn from the lynch if the flavour says "sigh" instead of "oh noes!" or viceversa?
Heh, I meant gather clues as in finding scum and the flavor.  Finding scum takes priority obviously.  I should have made this more clear.

Toony:
I really want to see Meph's flavor for the third guy that stays behind too.
Why do you want to see this for Bookthras more than anyone else? How do you feel a third lynch flavor will help us do better tomorrow, and why is it worth intentionally mislynching today?
There are two possible outcomes in flavor, a third result would absolutely confirm how Meph phrases the lynchee's composure.  The flavor isn't the main thing.  The main result is that we can safely vote somebody and also get twice as much time to find scum slippage.  It's simple really.  It's pretty much safe lynch > random lynch.  Unless there is only a single scum and we lynch them today the last claimed pilot (I think?) is going to die anyway unless we have a protector which would be good.

because then we can save ourselves more time and most importantly gather clues.
The main reason is to buy time so that more things can happen.
Such as?
More people with the 'escape to the ship' will survive.  Bookthras needs to be lynched or die at some point or else one of us is going to lose.  Unless we are able to lynch all threats 100% perfectly, hehe.

It's basically the same thing as TolyK's case with him claiming dopp and I still side that he didn't mean any harm.
But you were opposed to TolyK's lynch. What changed?
I didn't figured out what to do exactly until now.  :P

We can play normally and I fully support that as well.  Since Bookthras is the only option this really does put a damper on things anyway.  I'll consider this a viable side option for some point in the future to take into consideration.  We definitely want as many winners as possible after all.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 09, 2012, 08:21:56 pm »

Imiknorris, what was your case on Toony again? All I could find was some wording discrepancy you didn't like.
That and he put up resistance to claiming his win condition.
Hahaha, that's amazing.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 09, 2012, 08:38:22 pm »

Yeah, and your excuse was really terrible. You managed to derive paranoia from me asking you to claim your alignment. Town would have simply claimed town.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 09, 2012, 08:48:13 pm »

EBWOP: Oh, you made two posts.

Answer this: is there scum or isn't there? If you think there is, who do you think is it? And why wouldn't you lynch them instead of someone who you don't think is scum?
I think there are scum, the run phase targets being the largest evidence.  What I'm saying is for now we can get more time because scum will slip up more as the game goes along.  We can also figure the game out more.  I want it to be less 'wait-and-see' and more 'active-aggressive'.  Which it clearly would be.  My proposal is only going to help town unless they act useless.
Ahahaha. You're conveniently ignoring the apparent fact that we have limited time.

There are two possible outcomes in flavor, a third result would absolutely confirm how Meph phrases the lynchee's composure.  The flavor isn't the main thing.  The main result is that we can safely vote somebody and also get twice as much time to find scum slippage.  It's simple really.  It's pretty much safe lynch > random lynch.  Unless there is only a single scum and we lynch them today the last claimed pilot (I think?) is going to die anyway unless we have a protector which would be good.
Bullshit is bolded.
-Lynching Book will not magically give us more scumhunting time.
-Scum lynch > safe lynch > random lynch. (three guesses what I mean by scum lynch)

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 09, 2012, 09:26:36 pm »

The Vote Tally
Toonyman: Bookthras, IronyOwl, Urist Imiknorris

Rest phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 09, 2012, 10:30:57 pm »

ToonyMan, same reasons as yesterday.

Which are? Pretend I was lazy and didn't pay very much or any attention to your arguments.

Sure, sure, that's you talking smart, is it? By the way, Dariush, way to jump on his defence.

This is needless thrashing. Pointing out the obvious is coming to ToonyMan's defense?

Yeah.

U Mad, Brookthras?

Sure, go after the lurkers. That's really incisive play from you, Toaster,

You really upped the anger for Rest Phase 3, haven't you?

What the hell are you so mad about?

I'm going to propose today (since I mentioned it earlier) that we should vote someone who's goal is to only see somebody else survive, because then we can save ourselves more time and most importantly gather clues.  I really want to see Meph's flavor for the third guy that stays behind too.  Two is coincidence, three is more solid truth?  Of course I'd prefer if the person getting voted is okay with it.  Since TolyK should have been against it yet his flavor was a lot more willing to believe.

But this wastes time and lynches that would be more importantly used for the people trying to get us captured again.

Although it seems unfortunately that Bookthras is the only one to claim someone else makes it.  It's worth asking at least.  Bookthras, would you mind being voted for the good of the town?

If calling them scum doesn't work, I guess politely asking them might?

I honestly don't know what you were expecting to happen, but 'for the good of the town' seems like the flimsiest of explanations.

Why is it important to get Bookthras to do it? Couldn't you draw comparison between Flandre and any other player who claimed they needed to escape, instead of TolyK and Bookthras?

That "only two people can make it" thing has been bugging me lately; I think I'm in agreement that there must be something we're missing.

One fairly odd, impossible to test or predict scenario would be that whoever makes it to the ship actually loses, since it gets shot down trying to flee or something. Normally I wouldn't even consider that as a mafia mechanic, except the first BastardPara was literally lost by town because they won too fast. I still don't particularly like the idea, but I'm starting to get the feeling that there's something along those lines at work here.

We're short on information and we have no apparent way of getting any. What do you suggest we do?

I'll share your paranoia about getting thrown a curveball from the middle of nowhere though. I hope something happens and it's informative, because playing the game as it was presented to us was what lost us the first Bastard Paranormal.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 09, 2012, 11:03:43 pm »

Jim:
ToonyMan, same reasons as yesterday.

Which are? Pretend I was lazy and didn't pay very much or any attention to your arguments.
Read the three non-Meph posts before yours. That's incredibly lazy of you.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 09, 2012, 11:14:48 pm »

I'm going to propose today (since I mentioned it earlier) that we should vote someone who's goal is to only see somebody else survive, because then we can save ourselves more time and most importantly gather clues.  I really want to see Meph's flavor for the third guy that stays behind too.  Two is coincidence, three is more solid truth?  Of course I'd prefer if the person getting voted is okay with it.  Since TolyK should have been against it yet his flavor was a lot more willing to believe.

This is terrible logic. We should continue trying to find scum instead of just lynching someone for more info. We'll get that when we lynch someone anyway.

Yeah, and your excuse was really terrible. You managed to derive paranoia from me asking you to claim your alignment. Town would have simply claimed town.

Claiming alignment proves nothing, why ask it? Also, how did he "derive paranoia" from you asking?

Toony, that's the worst idea I've ever heard.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 09, 2012, 11:22:18 pm »

Zrk2:

Claiming alignment proves nothing, why ask it? Also, how did he "derive paranoia" from you asking?

I initially asked what his wincon was because he referred to survivors as if they were a group he wasn't part of, which made me question his motivations.

Paranoia:
Like hell I'm telling you.  You asked all the pilots to claim too!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 09, 2012, 11:23:26 pm »

Read the three non-Meph posts before yours. That's incredibly lazy of you.

Oh, I know I could.

But I like being spoonfed from the source.

So, ToonyMan's terrible plan and him not claiming town (or equivalent) immediately when asked about his alignment?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 09, 2012, 11:25:54 pm »

Yep.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 09, 2012, 11:29:52 pm »

Even if the plan is terrible (which it is), what do you make of act of speaking up to suggest it?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 10, 2012, 05:50:48 am »

Sure, sure, that's you talking smart, is it? By the way, Dariush, way to jump on his defence.
...Wow, epic overreaction.

Okay, now let's look at the situation seriously. We still don't know anything useful. I think we should no lynch and look at the results. If more than one guy dies during the night, we'll be reasonably sure the scum are xeno infiltrators. In any case we'll know more than we do now and will be able to do something beyond losing two people every day without getting roleflips.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 10, 2012, 02:49:03 pm »

If people aren't following my logic Dariush (judging by the votes I'm getting from it) then yours is even more radical.  There's no way we can win this bastard with such closed minds, uuugh.

Well whatever, I'm not changing my point of view.  no lynch sounds good.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 11, 2012, 02:28:17 am »

Unfortunately, I'm going to need a replacement. My time has been surprisingly limited, and it's only going to get worse for the next week.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 63