Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247397 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts and DinoHitler's Mum. Turn Four!
« Reply #570 on: September 19, 2012, 07:34:57 am »

Heal up everyone, I suppose.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 19, 2012, 08:01:05 am »

Crockett looks around him.

"I appreciate your help, soldier.  Now, as useful as this newfangled leg is, I'm still lopsided without... *sniff* Boone.  I see here, however, an opportunity..."

Take the wings off the Dinobirds and attach them to my back.  If time allows, skin another dino and make some clothes out of it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 19, 2012, 09:24:08 pm »

He's Da-vy! Davy Crockett! King of the Din-o-saurs!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 19, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »

Backup plan involved OHIO LEAPing down the mouth of one of the dinosaurs and exploding outwards, wearing its remains.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 20, 2012, 09:45:22 pm »

Get healed.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 20, 2012, 09:49:07 pm »

Might want to remember that Paul has an ability that can heal you over time. Just sayin'.  ;)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 20, 2012, 09:49:22 pm »

This homework weighs at least a raptor!

McCartney strums a quick HEALING SONG for Irwin!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts and DinoHitler's Mum. Turn Five!
« Reply #577 on: September 21, 2012, 07:41:55 am »

TURN FIVE!

McCartney strums a quick HEALING SONG for Irwin!

As the sounds and smells of battle die away, the team take a few brief minutes to regroup.

First, Paul unholsters his guitar and plays a sexy duet with Jimi Hendrix, totally healing Steve Irwin for a monstrous three HP! As feeble as the injury-addled playing is, Stevo’s pecked arm still feels totally better!

Get healed.

Astonished by the sudden lack of blood pouring down his arm, Stevo leaps up and starts running around in a blaze of supernatural terror, but Jimi soon intervenes, tripping him with a swipe of his electric guitar and jumping on his back until the startled Aussie calms down enough to be released into the wild.

Heal up everyone, I suppose.

From his vantage point on the floor, Stevo sees Archimedes of Syracuse get ready for some serious healing. First he slips a plaster clumsily on Steve Irwin’s poorly elbow, gently rubbing it until it feels just like new!

Next Stevo sees Archimedes amble amiably over to Paul McCartney, still jamming away with Hendrix. Without even interrupting the flow of blending melodies, he slaps a plaster on McCartney’s horribly injured chin!

Last of all, Archimedes approaches Davy Crockett, standing about on his rocket powered monowheel contraption with blood pouring heavily out of his severed leg stump.

“Hmm…” reflects the physician. “I think I have just the thing for that…”

He expertly sticks on yet another plaster, immediately halting the severe flow of blood! As Davy shakes Archimedes’ hand in thanks, the kindly doctor notices the slight grimace of pain caused by the American’s broken arm, which Davy is too manly to mention. Archimedes applies a dose of good care and attention, and also an instant-setting plaster cast.

Crockett looks around him.
Take the wings off the Dinobirds and attach them to my back.  If time allows, skin another dino and make some clothes out of it.

Whilst Archimedes is finishing off his healing help, Davy Crockett addresses Edward the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

"I appreciate your help, soldier.  Now, as useful as this newfangled leg is, I'm still lopsided without... *sniff* Boone.  I see here, however, an opportunity..."

Jumping up with inspiration, Davy rapidly defiles the dinobird corpses, tearing off their wings with his teeth and then repeatedly jabbing the remains into his back! As they repeatedly fall to the floor in a flop of leathery skin and dinobits, his expression changes from one of inspired excitement to one more of resigned disappointment.

"Blast!" he cries. ”Oh well, let’s move out, shall we?"

Quote from: Edward the Tyrannosaurus Rex
Also be healed.

“Ok, Captain!” responds the enthusiastic Edward the Tyrannosaurus Rex. “Oh but wait! My ear is still bleeding!”

Mumbling something about it not being entirely obvious, Archimedes dashes over with a final plaster, sticking it kind of in the dinosaur’s ear and hoping for the best. It’s true that his studies of anatomy so far have largely been confined to humans.

Quote from: Jimi Hendrix
Jam for a bit with McCartney.

His jamming mostly done and the bowienauts mostly healed, Jimi bangs out one final flourish on his electric guitar.

“Hey, Paul!” he says. “Nice work, man. Perhaps, you know, if you need me another time I’ll be around. I’m needed elsewhere right now though, man. Groovy.”

Suddenly the senior bowienaut fades into a whirl of purple gas, and floats away into the sky, a faint gentle melody following.

“So…” asks Edward the Tyrannosaurus Rex. “What are you doing down here, dudes?”

“Well,” replies Davy Crockett. “We’ve been sent back in time to kill dinoHitler’s mum, or at least, you know, stop her conceiving dinoHitler. In our world, he is responsible for the deaths of many millions.”

“Oh right.”

The small talk continues as the merry band hack their way through the dense jungle, the constant plucking of McCartney’s strings a gentle accompaniment to the percussive whacks and slashes of blade and claw that clear the path.

”SHIT!” suddenly shouts Steve Irwin, leaping away from one side of the trail. He peers forth into the foliage. ”Crikey! Ah no, mates, it’s ok, it’s nothing… ”

Edward takes point to give Stevo a rest from the pressures of leading through such hostile territory and the column continues, making steady but slow progress.

A short while passes when suddenly Archimedes, in second place in the line and with his machine gun slung loosely at hip level, bumps absent-mindedly into the back of Edward the Tyrannosaurus. The dinosaur is halted, armed raised and palm flat. He turns to the heavily armed doctor.

“Movement!” he whispers. “I thought I saw movement up ahead! About another 25 metres down the trail. It could be nothing, but my dinosenses are tingling, man!”

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT:
Paul McCartney is still playing a Healing Song!
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts and DinoHitler's Mum. Turn Five!
« Reply #578 on: September 21, 2012, 07:50:49 am »

(That was directed at Hendrix, actually.  No matter.)

"Attacks from the woods?  This is my area."

Fade into the trees and stalk what is stalking us.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2012, 03:29:00 am »

Wait untill there's something to wrestle that isn't friendly, then wrestle.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2012, 10:28:23 am »

Wait, and if needed, fire at will. Preferably at enemies.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2012, 09:24:17 pm »

Paul McCartney chuckles. "Oh, boys, don't ya see? These dinos aren't no different than us. Just lookin for a nice meal, a warm cave and as little trouble as possible."

Paul McCartney walks out in the direction of the discovered dino-signal and begins playing an ACTUAL ORIGINAL, WRITTEN FOR THIS ADVENTURE PIECE in an attempt to serenade hidden dino foes!

"Call your sisters call your mothers
Boys, boys
Call your fathers call your lovers
Boys, boys
Meet round with me down the hill
Meet round with me if you will
Come down to me by the fire
Come down here to sing-song ville
Call your aunts and call your uncles
Girls, girls
Call your nephews call your nieces
Girls, girls
Meet round with me down the hill
Meet round with me if you will
Come down to me by the fire
Come down here to sing-song ville"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts and DinoHitler's Mum. Turn Six!
« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2012, 03:37:54 pm »

TURN SIX!

Fade into the trees and stalk what is stalking us.

"Attacks from the woods?" realises Davy Crockett, "This is my area!"

Without so much as another word, Davy slips away from the main group of adventurers, looking to arc around and take the surprisers by surprise. Five seconds later there is no trace of him, not even the gentle whir of his Monosegway wheel rolling through the jungle.

Wait, and if needed, fire at will. Preferably at enemies.

Paul McCartney chuckles at the back of the line of bowienauts as he watches Davy Crockett ghost off into the jungle.

"Oh, boys, don't ya see? These dinos aren't no different than us. Just lookin for a nice meal, a warm cave and as little trouble as possible!"

"Er, whatever dude," says Archimedes. "These bastards need to be taken down, and taken down hard!" he cries, finger on the trigger of his M60.

"Have this, you bastards!" shouts the eminent philosopher, "You’re not takin’ me alive!!"

Suddenly Archimedes of Syracuse pushes Edward the Tyrannosaurus Rex aside and charges off down the jungle trail. M60 held at the hip, he opens fire, raking the undergrowth from one side to the other with an inferno of bullets.

He’s soon lost to sight, but the sound is easy enough to follow.

Paul McCartney walks out in the direction of the discovered dino-signal and begins playing an ACTUAL ORIGINAL, WRITTEN FOR THIS ADVENTURE PIECE in an attempt to serenade hidden dino foes!

"Oh shit," shouts Paul over the hail of gunfire. "That’s blown it! There’s only one thing we can do. I’m gonna have to come up with a brand new song, man – a calming kinda song!" As fast as he can Paul draws his guitar and clears his throat, hoping beyond hope that he can sing louder than an M60 and thereby serenade his hidden foes.

"Call your sisters," he begins, giving a special wink to Edward the Tyrannosaurus Rex. He turns to Stevo as he continues.

"Call your mothers,
Boys, boys.
Call your fathers, call your lovers,
Boys, boys.
Meet round with me down the hill,
Meet round with me if you will,
Come down to me by the fire,
Come down here to sing-song ville.

Call your aunts and call your uncles,
Girls, girls.
Call your nephews call your nieces,
Girls, girls.
Meet round with me down the hill,
Meet round with me if you will,
Come down to me by the fire,
Come down here to sing-song ville!"

"Crikey!" says Stevo, as the song comes to a close. He has to shout pretty loud to make himself heard over the gunfire still coming from further down the trail. "Nice going! I don’t know about the dinofoes, but I feel pretty serenaded, mate!"

"Thanks, man," says Paul. "You know, sometimes these things just kinda come to me man, it’s like some kind of divine inspiration or something. You know, if I’d been born another time and place, I think I might’ve liked to become like a shaman or a druid or something, you know, communing with nature and all that, I really di-"

"Whoa, shit man!" cries Steve Irwin, interrupting and knocking Paul McCartney to the floor. "Get down! Enemy incoming!"

He glances down to make sure Paul is ok and points as he looks up again.

"Crikey mate! They look totally bloody serenaded! Shit!"

Wait until there's something to wrestle that isn't friendly, then wrestle.

The gunfire from further along the trail comes to an abrupt stop; at the same time a vicious herd of dinocats burst through the thick jungle.

Just as Stevo knocks Paul to the ground for his own safety, the herd of dinocats stop, backs arched and fur raised.

One hisses and leaps the ten feet between him and Stevo, claws outstretched as he flies.

Steve Irwin catches the dinocat in midair, executes a perfect Australian Suplex, throws the dinocat in the air, and catches it by its tail. With a flick of his wrist, Stevo smashes the dinocats skull against a nearby tree!

Quote from: Edward the Tyrannosaurus Rex
Move after Archimedes.

Shrieking with anger, another two dinocats leap forwards to attack, charging at Edward the Tyrannosaurus Rex. He kicks one dozens of feet into the air and snaps the second in two with his monstrous jaws, but the dinocats keep coming!

“Shit!” shouts Edward the Tyrannosaurus Rex. ”I don’t know if I can hold them back! Their numbers are too great! There’s too many of them! What chance do we have? They will find us! They will take us! And we will beg for death before the end!”

Paul McCartney gets to his feet to see what all the fuss is about.

He comes face to face with over two dozen ferocious dinocats!

Meanwhile, further down the jungle trail, Davy Crockett is wheeling deftly through the creepers and the vines. He’s spotted a sign. Bent double, he follows the faint track through the roots and the leaves. Suddenly, and all but silently, he comes to a very small opening in the jungle canopy.

The sun shines down through the branches.

Just as Davy notices the incessant heavy machine gun fire has stopped, he looks up to observe the small clearing. He sees why the reason for the silence.

In the small clearing there is a large, apparently solid black cube. Before it stands Archimedes, transfixed. Davy walks up to him.

Suddenly Archimedes turns and opens fire on Davy Crockett!

"Keep away man!" yells the Greek above the storm of heavy rounds. "It’s a goddamned box, dude," he screams, apparently having taken leave of his senses.

Davy Crockett leaps to one side and cowers behind a fallen tree trunk as the bullets rip apart the scenery behind him.

"It’s MY goddamned box! And I’m gonna goddamn open it!"

Just then a dinocat falls from the sky and lands next to Davy Crockett and spits in his eye.

Meanwhile back up the jungle trail, the leader of the dinocats speaks during a lull in the combat.

”Hahaha! You think you hurt us, tearing us into tiny bits? We have you surrounded! We have your man in a dress transfixed and mesmerised by our special box! Your best fighter is naked! You cannot win!”

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT:
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts and DinoHitler's Mum. Turn Six!
« Reply #583 on: September 26, 2012, 08:02:24 am »

"Oh, bloody ell, not-"

"DINOCATS!!"

Paul McCartney had faced many threats. Overcome many challenges. He had even blown his way out of an evil cat ruler's installation with a rocket launcher. But nothing could have prepared him for the fierce, carnivorous tendencies of a DINO combined with the disarming adorableness of a KITTEN. He had only one choice.

Paul McCartney DIVED INTO THE FOREST COVER to escape while playing a quick healing ditty for himself!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts and DinoHitler's Mum. Turn Six!
« Reply #584 on: September 26, 2012, 08:58:00 am »

1.  Dinocats are awesome.  2.  Archi is pretty awesome too if he can just shove a t-rex aside.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 60