Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.01 Released  (Read 107245 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.01 Released
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2012, 05:43:49 pm »

Spoiler: Previously on... (click to show/hide)

It appears I spoke too soon- my crashiness persists into Fort mode. Thank god for Initial Autosave.

Good news! I turned off Truetype for entirely unrelated reasons, and I have not experienced another crash. Let the good times roll!

It would be nice to get saves that demonstrate any remaining TrueType crashes.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2012, 05:54:37 pm »

For all of you who absolutely cannot live without a tileset, go ahead and dl it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8d0wecbbiiq3bi7

Just extract the files into your df_34_01_win folder and replace the data/raw files, just incase I would go ahead and backup the original data/raw as well

This is maydays tileset, im assuming you can change the tilesets around just by dragging and dropping some files from other sets, but i dunno, i only use mayday lol
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2012, 07:35:43 pm »

Hell yeah!

Get some!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2012, 07:44:45 pm »

Two minor issues.

First, the spacing of the text in legends mode is very odd in places. Second, my adventurer found couns depicting the ascencion of a human vampire to the position of law-giver, but I don't see any sign in legends mode that that particular vampire was ever unmasked.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2012, 08:18:49 pm »

maybe he became a vampire after becoming mayor?

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2012, 08:26:25 pm »

I used advanced world parameters and set a custom stop year of 125 (among other things, I like lots of volcanoes) and it seems to be totally ignoring it. The first world just stopped at fifty-something. So I went back and tried a larger world. It's in the 200s now and still going.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2012, 08:38:14 pm »

Does anyone know how to become less thirsty when you're an adventure mode vampire? I've drunk a lot of blood, but it's not helping.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2012, 08:42:00 pm »

TOADY YOU ASSMUNK! I have an exam tomorrow which I am NOT allowed to fail. How do you expect me to wait until tomorrow?!

Look at it this way... a major release is bound to have plenty of not-fun bugs, and there will be new bug fixes coming in the next few weeks. You can wait until then :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2012, 08:50:10 pm »

Does anyone know how to become less thirsty when you're an adventure mode vampire? I've drunk a lot of blood, but it's not helping.

were the people asleep (and actual people)?
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2012, 08:57:01 pm »

For all of you who absolutely cannot live without a tileset, go ahead and dl it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8d0wecbbiiq3bi7

Just extract the files into your df_34_01_win folder and replace the data/raw files, just incase I would go ahead and backup the original data/raw as well

Copying over those files crashes my game when I try to create a new world. Oh well, I'll just deal with ASCII DF for a few weeks.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2012, 09:05:49 pm »

Copying over those files crashes my game when I try to create a new world. Oh well, I'll just deal with ASCII DF for a few weeks.
ya it crashed me too
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2012, 09:11:22 pm »

were the people asleep (and actual people)?
Oops... Nope.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Praecordia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2012, 09:31:52 pm »

The day has come.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2012, 09:39:34 pm »

Worldgen keeps segfaulting for me after year ~120 on both large and mid maps. Doesn't seem to be memory issue - it peaked at 600mb only before crashing.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2012, 09:49:10 pm »

Today, you ass.

I had a month planned.

Thanks for ruining it by giving me this wonderful thing.
THANKS A LOT.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22