Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.01 Released  (Read 107247 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.01 Released
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2012, 04:40:01 pm »

Hooray, new release! I was going to make a romantic dinner for my better half, but this is more important.
I lit a candle, then excused myself ;)

So where do we post bugs?

My first fortress is dying due to sleep. They all went to sleep in the hospital and just won't wake up.
It's possible they're ALL waiting for treatment, but they only have blisters from a weird bile-rain. Which means nobody can treat them... WAKE UP AND GET MOVING!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2012, 04:43:51 pm »

Hooray, new release! I was going to make a romantic dinner for my better half, but this is more important.
I lit a candle, then excused myself ;)

So where do we post bugs?

My first fortress is dying due to sleep. They all went to sleep in the hospital and just won't wake up.
It's possible they're ALL waiting for treatment, but they only have blisters from a weird bile-rain. Which means nobody can treat them... WAKE UP AND GET MOVING!

Report bugs on the Mantis Bug Tracker, although from your report I wonder if that's a side effect of the bile-rain. Does their health screen proclaim them drowsy?

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2012, 04:45:44 pm »

where traps nerfed. I really don't want to haft to quadruple the amount of glass discs I use
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2012, 04:47:35 pm »

The dungeons, they make me smile.
Soon, SOON I will be powerful enough to take take on a tomb! At least that's what I'll keep telling myself.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2012, 04:51:57 pm »

Spoiler: Previously on... (click to show/hide)

It appears I spoke too soon- my crashiness persists into Fort mode. Thank god for Initial Autosave.

Kordanor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2012, 04:53:41 pm »

Also experiencing loooong generation times.
I only looked into DF for some hours maybe a year ago and wanted to start again once the new build was out.
Well, I am still generating the world.
My Settings were a Large world and a medium history (after I figured it would take ages in the moment it took 6 seconds for a year).
Throwing a few stats in:

22 Minutes: 175 Years of History created
31 Minutes: 185 Years of History created
56 Minutes: 202 Years of History created (2,004,865 Events)
87 Minutes: 214 Years of History created (2,409,038 Events)
94 Minutes: 217 Years of History created (2,566,360 Events)

So it's already at several Minutes per year.
With that rate I guess you won't be able to generate a 1050 Year history within anyone's lifetime.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2012, 05:01:53 pm »

So... what are the requirements behind using an innate ability like, say, dragon fire breath in Adventure mode?  I made myself a dragon adventurer, and I can see it there in the "x" list of abilities and powers, but hitting Enter on it doesn't do anything.  Can't figure out how to actually roast the kobold I'm staring at.

Edit: Nevermind, figured out how the selection worked.  Also got shot in the head by a kobold and died.

Also need a knife to butcher things as a creature made up of more sharp edges than anything else... hohoho.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:15:15 pm by Wirevix »
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2012, 05:07:48 pm »

Dangit, This and Starfarer updating at the same time ruins all of the plans forever. At least for this week, anyway. Huzzah!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2012, 05:14:37 pm »

Report bugs on the Mantis Bug Tracker, although from your report I wonder if that's a side effect of the bile-rain. Does their health screen proclaim them drowsy?
I also think it's more a balance thing than a bug (altough one bug is that there were 4 dwarves in one bed...). Wounds screen says nothing oh hey it's all yellow...
*savescum*
Okay, got one of the still awake ones to diagnose one guy. Health screen... Wow. EVERY bodypart and layer, up to the smallest bone, is "heavily bruised" and "seriously blistered". That's some penetrating bitter bile.

Yeah, diagnosis is helping for some, others awake when I deconstruct the bed... Somehow they stay unconscious while waiting for a diagnosis. Why don't they just get to work and simply make a doctor's appointment?! ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2012, 05:24:27 pm »

Dunno if anyone has figured it out but i have mayday's tileset working for the new release  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No therapist or any mods but im fine with the tileset for now :D
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2012, 05:25:22 pm »

Protip: Don't gen large/medium worlds cuz they lag epicly, unless you are masochis-

Oh, wait.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2012, 05:28:32 pm »

All sorts of frozen materials showing up in the stones menu. Doesn't seem like this is right. Although, if 'twere right, it would be awesome. The king of the dwarves sitting on a throne of frozen stinking filth sounds fun...

Same here. Seems that the stones menu shows all the rains/mists of the world.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2012, 05:29:51 pm »

Dunno if anyone has figured it out but i have mayday's tileset working for the new release  :P

Ironhand and Phoebus both have 'working' versions of their tilesets out as well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2012, 05:40:14 pm »

can post the link to the download
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2012, 05:40:39 pm »

Spoiler: Previously on... (click to show/hide)

It appears I spoke too soon- my crashiness persists into Fort mode. Thank god for Initial Autosave.

Good news! I turned off Truetype for entirely unrelated reasons, and I have not experienced another crash. Let the good times roll!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22