Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.01 Released  (Read 107233 times)

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.01 Released
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2012, 03:07:45 pm »

I am having extraction issues after downloading :/
Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

ZZmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2012, 03:10:17 pm »

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Armoks a head case
and so are you

Love the new version.
DK advisor quote was the message thingy of DF with: "Uric Glodson does a wonderful impression of the baron, he can even do the nose. He has been sentenced to 40 hammerstrikes for his insolence."

ishmaell

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2012, 03:22:55 pm »

Loving the New release, cant create new worlds with tileset. :(

2012-02-14 13:28:19.705 dwarfort.exe[14444:5403] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x2979280 of class NSCFArray autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
 Oh well ASCII Here we Come!!!
Rankor took pleasure in slaughter recently
The Elf Merchant looses grip of left leather glove
The severed part flys of in an arc!
A superior crafted gold earring encrusted with circles of Elf Hand.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2012, 03:31:00 pm »

No crashing issues here so far (Linux version, noob-worldgen with duration lowered from 250 yrs to 125 yrs).  But how the elf am I supposed to face a werecritter this early?  First caravan hasn't even arrived yet.  I don't even have my walls up yet!

OK, odd... it did battle with my stray horse for a bit, and roughed up the horse pretty good.  Then I got a cyan message saying that the weregiraffe has changed into a human.  And then... I couldn't find it anywhere.  Not on the units lists, not by scrolling the map around.  Maybe it has gone into hiding and is going to leap out from under my stockpile of pots or something.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:38:45 pm by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

catenate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2012, 03:35:08 pm »

FYI: Took 4 hours to generate a Large world (no change to other settings) on a i7 at 1.6GHz with 8GB memory.  31.25 usually took a half hour or so.
Couverture: A chocolate-covered mod brings you a dark chocolate figurine of the deity of agriculture looking offended.

aban avuzsazirmafol tunur … kib saziradilîton kezkďg ugoshódkelid shatagistrath … kirondatanavuz ustosteshkad angngotololum―Bomonolthîkut fragments

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2012, 03:38:27 pm »

Oh wow, so many 500, 502, and 504 errors lately. The forums are dying a slow death it seems. ;D

Oh god, the mental image...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ghundio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2012, 03:43:54 pm »

Guess we know who really loves us.
Go into your stocks menu. You'll see a masterwork adamantine sword of some kind. Zoom to its location and you'll be directed to the bottom of the curious structure.

Go now and claim what is rightly yours. And watch out for the zombies.

Jimmitheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2012, 03:52:16 pm »

really exited about this :D
I was still in bed this morning, then i checked internet on my Ipod to see the bay12 blog. I refresh and... OMG!!
I jump out of the bed (at 9h30 its normally impossible for me :/), dance in the kitchen ignoring my mother looking at me with a "wtf?" air (how do i know her look if im ignoring her?) then i quickly take my medication and jump on the PC.
My mother yelled at me to eat something.
I ate a pizza piece that remained in the fridge.
Then i created a new world and started playing adventure mode...
Then i walk around, see a dude and...
"Hey wath's up s- **Dwarf Fortress as Ceased working**"
Look like im one of those unlucky :S
"I’m waiting for “Sausage Factory Worker 2011: Conveyor Belt Controller Edition”"
That's soon to come, im sure of that!

Just Cause 2 is like if Spiderman joined Al'queda.

ravaught

• Bay Watcher
  • Anybody seen mah beer?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2012, 04:04:55 pm »

Congarats on the new release! Or is it Congabadgers? Anyway, checking it out now. Loving being able to designate a 20 zlevel stairwell in one go. Now just waiting for the tileset and other add on fixes :P

Regards
Tony
..because making sense and having FUN are not mutually exclusive.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2012, 04:06:00 pm »

In my opinion, undead rising should be a rare occurrence rather than happening almost constantly.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
  • insert witty tagline here
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2012, 04:09:00 pm »

goat farte
i like goats

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2012, 04:10:51 pm »

Thanks for 34.01, Toady!

I'll hold off until after the inevitable major bug fix releases come through.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2012, 04:13:38 pm »

@Foot, I think the curses are permanent for now- it's a game over even if you survive in much the same way a missing leg is.

This release is also really crashy for me, particularly when loading world info after selecting what mode I want to play. Part of me says it's worse when I'm alt-tabbing away from it, but I suspect that's just my brain grasping at straws. I'll try a really short world gen instead of the 199 I ran.

EDIT: Fiddling around with that last world, I found if I waited for the entire intro movie to play I'd be able to load the world, but when selecting a site in Fort mode it'd still crash when I moved the cursor too far.

I'm happy to report that, although still rather crash-prone, the smaller world size did help, and once in actual play there are is no crashiness. Still something of a crapshoot though. Now to see if I can get a fort to live long enough to be worth saving :P

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2012, 04:17:53 pm »

Hooray, new release! I was going to make a romantic dinner for my better half, but this is more important.
000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2012, 04:24:25 pm »

All sorts of frozen materials showing up in the stones menu. Doesn't seem like this is right. Although, if 'twere right, it would be awesome. The king of the dwarves sitting on a throne of frozen stinking filth sounds fun...
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22