Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.01 Released  (Read 107251 times)

Trisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.01 Released
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2012, 12:16:21 am »

I can't seem to get a world to finish genning, gets stuck on synching folders??? Anyone know whats up? Or could host one of their maps and PM me a link to DL it?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2012, 12:19:07 am »

I was going to suggest that default worldgen time should be limited to 250 since things are rather allot slower now, but just before i posted i checked my worldgen and found it has stopped at 250.... lol
Thumbs up toady, you're awesome, also i'm very much looking forward to fighting off hordes of mosquitos/zombies.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2012, 12:19:46 am »

Oh god.

Magma, rinse and repeat. With more magma, and perhaps water.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Trisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2012, 12:21:34 am »

I was going to suggest that default worldgen time should be limited to 250 since things are rather allot slower now, but just before i posted i checked my worldgen and found it has stopped at 250.... lol
Thumbs up toady, you're awesome, also i'm very much looking forward to fighting off hordes of mosquitos/zombies.

Even a tiny world with the shortest history sits at Syncing Folders for hours+

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2012, 12:21:48 am »

Can you just dump their corpses in a huge pit, or magma?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2012, 12:23:20 am »

I'm in bed right now playing the new DF release, rather than with a hot Valentine's Day date.
Yes, I am completely fine with this situation.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2012, 12:41:52 am »

Oh god.

It seems like zombies in Fort Mode are working slightly different than Adventure Mode--or maybe it's just the ones raised by mummies.  In Adventure Mode, after I kill a mummy-raised zombie a time or two, every time it tries to raise after that it immediately dies again with a "has bled to death" message.  Which is strange, but effectively keeps them from mobbing me infinitely.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:45:19 am by Wirevix »
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2012, 12:52:21 am »

Thanks for another great release, Toady!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2012, 02:02:12 am »

Well, I got the largest-scale world to gen itself up.  (At the end, was taking about ten minutes for every four or five years...  On the not-brilliant 2GB RAM Vista laptop I mentioned earlier.  Haven't yet tried it on my more traditional XP machine.)

Interesting thing.  Vertically designated a long vertical stairwell to be dug and it Revealed some eerie glowing pit stuff at the base.  (None of the usual announcements, though.)  I'm tempted to let the mining dwarves break out of their "Priority Mining" burrow and have a go at that, but I've no doubt I'll encounter at least a couple of caverns and the magma sea before I get to that level, anyway... ;)

Anyway, packing that up for now.  There's other things need doing.

(Also, made a copy of the worldgen dir so that I could also run around it in Adventure Mode, and really must make some time to do that as well.)

dunenkoff

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2012, 05:14:53 am »

Any plans for Nursery zone? 'Cause it seems that catsplosion been replaced with babysplosion - I've seen 14 births in a month on a beginning of the third year with 70+ adults.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 15, 2012, 05:37:50 am »

add to eat in adv mode?

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 15, 2012, 06:50:29 am »

Any plans for Nursery zone? 'Cause it seems that catsplosion been replaced with babysplosion - I've seen 14 births in a month on a beginning of the third year with 70+ adults.

Most likely, without dwarf therapist, you've just got too many idle dwarves, hence more romance. Or you're getting more married couples migrating.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

jwiechers

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 15, 2012, 07:06:59 am »

I am not seeing babysplosion, I'm seeing dogsplosion and the first caravan hasn't even arrived yet...

My main experimental fort is currently suffering from diggor mortis, though, after ... I really don't know. My miner dwarf went missing, wasn't seen for a week, and when I looked around I found him at the bottom of a waterfall, dead. How he got there: *no* idea. The area is totally inaccessible ... unless someone threw him down there... <paranoia>

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2012, 07:08:09 am »

Realized there was a new version out yesterday evening.. Played a little then, and some more this morning.. After embarking a 15 different locations, I figured out that there might be something wrong with custom world generation, checked the bug tracker on this and probably someone else had that problem, too: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4425

So now I created I world without maximal minerals and custom settings, seems to be working fine. Let's see if the clothes lying around bug is fixed in this version.

dunenkoff

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2012, 07:10:25 am »

unless someone threw him down there... <paranoia>
Check for bitemarks.

I'm having werespiral. After second attack INSIDE the fort I'm isolating everyone who got injured in those fights.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22