Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101623 times)

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard - Day 3: The Primary! And suddenly, issues matter!
« Reply #420 on: February 23, 2012, 08:32:17 pm »

Bookthras: Both your sarcasm and your tip are noted. When I made that post, I was also thinking of the scum kill (that seems to not have shown up in this game so far - either extremely indecisive/careful scum, or there is no kill for the mafia). Additionally, the liberal scum may still have a roleblock as well as McNoble did before he used it. Since you have already shared your role, they might be waiting for you to share your plans to actually use it and wait for then to roleblock you. As I before mentioned, when or if it may be needed, I will do what I can.

Native: Where did you read that McNoble's roleblock became permanent? That seems highly unlikely.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 23, 2012, 08:40:08 pm »

Pretty sure I just misread this post.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 23, 2012, 08:50:13 pm »

I see. Now I am a tad confused, myself.

That other one-shot I have? That becomes a regular night action when I become VP candidate?

McNoble: What did you mean by this, exactly? There are VP candidates in this game. I am not sure if this is flavour, bullshit, both of the above, or legit. Please clarify.

"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 23, 2012, 09:03:41 pm »

There are VP candidates in this game.
Is that a question or a statement?

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 23, 2012, 09:06:59 pm »

A statement. I see no mention of a VP candidate in the first post.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 23, 2012, 09:14:23 pm »

Then how do you know there are VP candidates in this game?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 23, 2012, 09:19:40 pm »

... wait a moment.

*there are no VP candidates in this game

Sorry about that, I forgot the negative. But I'm sure there are none, as GG didn't mention any. That's why I'm questioning McNoble about it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 23, 2012, 10:13:14 pm »

Mii:
... wait a moment.

*there are no VP candidates in this game

Sorry about that, I forgot the negative. But I'm sure there are none, as GG didn't mention any. That's why I'm questioning McNoble about it.

Freudian slip.

I tend to think Book and Urist are town, given their results on obvscum Dariush and their logical use of their powers.  Tiruin is still bugging my gut in a serious way, and I don't believe a word Dariush is saying.

I'm all for using issue shifts today to issue-confirm someone... but that does not necessarily confirm them as town.  Tiruin, even if all archcon, could still be third-party.  Remember- there are either one or two third-parties in the game.  I rather suspect we lynched off at least one non-town on D1, Dariush is another, and, again, I suspect Tiruin.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 23, 2012, 10:30:58 pm »

I think today might be a good day to use our extension.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 23, 2012, 10:52:27 pm »

Conservative Paragon

The reason I didn't claim my name before was because I was, and still am, suspicious of you McNoble, from then, you had all one-shot abilities and somehow, the investigate on role-name lands on me and Book exactly, given by what you said here. I see now that you just straight out voted me and refused to answer how you would know on Book's role.

Now you're asking on all rolenames. Huh?

Still, McNoble, why didn't you just post it down, or are you making an inference instead of fact?

uote author=Bookthras link=topic=100355.msg3025630#msg3025630 date=1330024289]
Social> +Conservative
Economics > +Conservative

This is what I did as frontrunner during the Night. Made useless by the roleblock.
And for the PM: Religion to the Left. Not letting anyone touch that!
a) You said "made useless by the roleblock" now but you didn't say you were blocked when you claimed them. That makes you scummy.
[/quote]
I didn't say because I didn't know then. PM'd GlyphGryph asking if I was when McNoble claimed it. He answered it just the way he posted it so I guessed it meant roleblock. Apprehension was written all over it, to summarize.

Check me out.

Mod: Updated votecount and timecount please.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 23, 2012, 11:06:16 pm »

Given that Tiruin's posted his, I am the Martyr.  No, it has nothing to do with needing to be NKed to win.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 23, 2012, 11:14:45 pm »

The Party Faithful.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 23, 2012, 11:29:47 pm »

Dariush, how about yours?

I will claim mine (there's nothing special about it), but before I do:

McNoble: You said you "guessed" mine. I'm curious as to how or why, as I never claimed it. Please claim yours, and state your "guess".

Toaster: what do you think should be the plan today for issue shifts? and your opinion of my earlier conversation with Native, please, along with Dariush's claimed "can't die" thing.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 23, 2012, 11:32:20 pm »

Vote count time!
Attack Ad Targets list! (Let me know if I missed one of your votes or unvotes!)
1. Dariush <- Tiruin, Bookthras, Toaster, NativeForeigner, Urist McUselessNoble, Urist McUselessNoble, Mii, Bookthras
2. Toaster <- Dariush
3. Bookthras <- Dariush
7. UristMcUselessNoble <- Dariush
8. Mii <-
9. Tiruin <- Public Scrutiny, Bookthras, Urist McUselessNoble
10. NativeForeigner <- Bookthras

Leader of the Pack:
1. Dariush  <- ???
2. Toaster <- ???
3. Bookthras <- ???
7. UristMcUselessNoble <- ???
8. Mii <- ???
9. Tiruin  <- ???
10. NativeForeigner <- ???

Time remaining: Approximately 20 hours.

Public Opinion:
Social: Conservative
Religious: Arch-Conservative
Economic: Super-Conservative

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 23, 2012, 11:46:29 pm »

Book: I believe I've stated all that, but to restate:  I think we should use the day-shifts to issue confirm someone.  At this point, I don't believe a word that comes out of Dariush's mouth (and instead think he had a one-shot revive.) 

As far as you and Native, I don't fault him for wanting to be issue-confirmed/frontrunner, but I haven't thought too hard about the best target for it.  Perhaps someone whose townhood is under scrutiny and hasn't been inspected yet?  Native or Mii would fit the bill there.

What's your opinion of a mass claim?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42