Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101553 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard - Day 3: The Primary! And suddenly, issues matter!
« Reply #405 on: February 23, 2012, 04:16:01 pm »

Crazy idea: Shift social to super conservative and Religion to moderate to make me the frontrunner and enable us to lynch Dariush. Based on the fact that the mod mentioned some powers being linked to issues, I think Dariush is telling the truth about his revive. Also, this should prove the truth of my issue claims. Comments, questions, or concerns? -PFP
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2012, 04:20:31 pm »

I could work with that, but I don't think we have enough issue shifts to pull it.

I'll get cracking on determining whether it's possible as soon as I get home tomorrow. But right now I have a date with the sand man. See you guys in 16-20 hours.

I don't quite know if I trust you enough to do it even if it is possible, but I'm going to check whether it's categorically impossible before opening that particular can of worms.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2012, 06:18:28 pm »

We have seven people, we only need to shift Social once to the right and religion three times to the left. That will leave us with three issue shifts to use if someone tries something fishy, and we'll be able to lynch Dariush. So I'm pretty sure it's possible. As for the trust issue, I don't see what there is to not trust if I'm telling the truth.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 23, 2012, 06:29:28 pm »

We have seven people, we only need to shift Social once to the right and religion three times to the left. That will leave us with three issue shifts to use if someone tries something fishy, and we'll be able to lynch Dariush. So I'm pretty sure it's possible. As for the trust issue, I don't see what there is to not trust if I'm telling the truth.
Well, for starters, I don't trust how you seem to trust Dariush's claim that he can only die if this or that... if he's scum, isn't that maybe, just maybe, a trap or a lie? Or do you have additional information in this regard?

Oh, I forgot to mention - I can't die if the religious issue is anything below Moderate. ;)
Plus, he didn't say anything about Social... why do you want to shift Social?

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 23, 2012, 06:38:45 pm »

Power Roles - Everyone will have power roles, but not everyone will be able to use them all the time. See: Issues.
The position of the various issues in regards to a nominees stance will determine who is chosen as the Last Man Standing, and may lock or unlock various player powers.

That is what leads me to believe Dariush is telling the truth about the nature of his revive.

Plus, he didn't say anything about Social... why do you want to shift Social?

To bring it to Super-Conservative, of course. As I said, if I become the front-runner with Social: Super, Economics: Super, and Religious: Moderate, it means I was telling the truth about my issues, we can be sure to lynch Dariush, and then I shift Religious back to the right.

Again, if you have a better idea, lay it on me. But unless I missed something, I'm the only one whose religious stance is Moderate. If you'd prefer to shift religion to Moderate and the others to Arch-Conservative, that's fine too. My primary concern is to get Dariush lynched for good, it just seems like I'll be the most likely one to become the front-runner in that case.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2012, 06:46:27 pm »

I really doubt "infinite revives" is one of the powers activated by where one issue isn't. It just sounds too much. Your immediate willingness to go along with it is suspicious, and your position to be made NK immune at the same time we follow the obvscum's plan is worse so. Just for good measure: NativeForeigner.

No, I think we shouldn't follow his plan, and I don't really want you to be front runner today. Worst case, if we really think Dariush is lynch immune, then we lynch Tiruin and I shoot Dariush in the night. Or do you really think his "can't die" applies to both?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 23, 2012, 06:51:51 pm »

I really doubt "infinite revives" is one of the powers activated by where one issue isn't. It just sounds too much. Your immediate willingness to go along with it is suspicious, and your position to be made NK immune at the same time we follow the obvscum's plan is worse so. Just for good measure: NativeForeigner.

Are you forgetting that this is a bastard game? Given the lack of mafia-kills, I'd be able to believe that such an ability exists.

No, I think we shouldn't follow his plan, and I don't really want you to be front runner today. Worst case, if we really think Dariush is lynch immune, then we lynch Tiruin and I shoot Dariush in the night. Or do you really think his "can't die" applies to both?

Who would you like to see as front runner, then? Regardless of who gets front runner, I'd still like to see Religion reach Moderate. I think that his "can't die" does indeed apply to both, it might turn out to be a waste of your one-shot.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 23, 2012, 06:59:30 pm »

I still don't buy it. No, I'm not forgetting it's a bastard, but it still needs to have a sense of balance. Worst case, we stick with the 'lynch one, shoot the other' plan, and if he's still alive tomorrow, I'll eat my words and we'll try to move the issues then. Who should be front runner? I think me, but I'm open to alternatives, as long as it's not one of my vote targets (including you).

Mii: do you have an opinion on any on this? Is there anything about your role that we should know?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 23, 2012, 07:02:12 pm »

I still don't buy it. No, I'm not forgetting it's a bastard, but it still needs to have a sense of balance. Worst case, we stick with the 'lynch one, shoot the other' plan, and if he's still alive tomorrow, I'll eat my words and we'll try to move the issues then. Who should be front runner? I think me, but I'm open to alternatives, as long as it's not one of my vote targets (including you).

Very well, I accept that. But could you be clearer on what it is you have against me being the front runner? Something other than me not being you. Perhaps we should shift everything to Arch-conservative and see if Tiruin becomes the front runner?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 23, 2012, 07:10:55 pm »

You want it too much, and it just happens to coincide with the plan proposed by the obvscum. Each one is reason enough, together deserve a veto.

But I'm willing to hear other's opinions on this point.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 23, 2012, 07:20:21 pm »

You want it too much, and it just happens to coincide with the plan proposed by the obvscum. Each one is reason enough, together deserve a veto.

But I'm willing to hear other's opinions on this point.

I'm the only one I know for sure is a Conservative, of course I want it, but I'm also open to other ideas. You've also confirmed my Moderate stance on Religion, I'm pretty sure that it coincides with Dariush's claim by coincidence, but of course I can't really prove that. As a note: why is having someone confirmed with a stance of Super, Super, Moderate such a bad thing? I gain NK immunity which doesn't do me much good unless someone is planning on killing me, and I gain two issue influences, which I would use to move Religion and Social to the right. I'm not seeing where your concerns (other than your thoughts of Dariush scheming) come from.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 23, 2012, 07:40:46 pm »

Sorry. My computer froze while I was perusing the thread (about an hour or two ago) and I could not get it working. Not until now, that is. You two have really been chatting it up on my freeze hiatus.

NativeForeigner: Maybe I'm missing something, but why exactly would we want you as front runner? What will it get you, and more importantly, what would it get the town?

Bookthras: I recommend you do not use your one-shot NK on Dariush - after all, he said that he could not die without the religion issue. He did not clarify whether he meant lynching and NK, so your attempt might fall flat, bringing the used (but already activated) kill with it. I doubt he is going to clarify for us, either.

I am not sure my role would be any help to the campaign at the moment. I will certainly oblige if it does. I do not know whether to label the question you asked as rolefishing as you were only asking what you should know (which, in your case, is everything if you are town). Be sure not to cross that line.

Although, I do not mind sharing my role name. I am not certain yet whether it is worth it to wait until Tiruin has made his claim, though, as he will be gone a precious fourteen hours.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 23, 2012, 07:47:18 pm »

Why would anyone want anybody but themselves as front runner? I know I'm a Conservative, but you guys don't. All I gain is knowledge that Liberals won't get two issue shifts and won't be NK-immune, town gains my promise to shift Religion and probably Social to the right. Pretty much all town has gained from the previous front runners. Let me ask you this: What do you have to lose by me being front runner? If you don't trust my intentions, I can always be roleblocked. My primary concern is just getting Dariush lynched, which happens to put me close to being the front runner.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 23, 2012, 07:50:29 pm »

Thank you Mii, that was very useful.  8-|

You should hold your role name until we hear from Tiruin first. But for the record, since you are inexperienced, role fishing on D3 is not scummy. I don't want you to claim right now, but if I asked you, you shouldn't be all "oh no he di-dn't!" about it. Of course, whether you chose to claim or not if I asked would be up to you, and others would react in consequence of your reaction. There's nothing magical about role fishing, other than it's somewhat scummy if done D1 in a normal game, as it aids scum in selecting targets.

PPE: Native: a) "Town gains your promise" and $4.50 will get you a latte; b) we have this to lose: the possibility of what you called "Dariush scheming"; c) you assume that roleblocks are something we have to spare. Do you know this to be the case? McNoble's was one-shot.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 23, 2012, 07:56:16 pm »

a) Well what else am I going to say? Issue shifts have turned out to be simple to confirm so far and if I become front runner with a super, super, moderate, is there really any reason to doubt my shifts?; b) What do you think Dariush might be scheming? The worst  I see happening is some Liberal gains a power, which can easily be countered if I, and multiple others shift religion back to the right during the night; c) I could have sworn I read that McNoble's roleblock became permanent somehow. Regardless, see (a).
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42