Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101523 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard - Day 3: The Primary! And suddenly, issues matter!
« Reply #435 on: February 23, 2012, 11:58:33 pm »

As far as you and Native, I don't fault him for wanting to be issue-confirmed/frontrunner,
Yeah, that was the part I thought was missing from your earlier. I found his agreement with Dariush's statement scummy, and a bit overeager to become frontrunner. Was this just me? If someone missed it, it's the couple of posts starting with this one.

Perhaps someone whose townhood is under scrutiny and hasn't been inspected yet?  Native or Mii would fit the bill there.
I inspected Native, and confirmed him as Religious Moderate. I think making them frontrunners is a bit of a dangerous way to confirm someone's standing, but if no one has objections to try it on Mii, that should probably be fine (does anyone have scum read on her?) I tend to object to Native for my previously stated reasons, but may be convinced if people argue for it.

What's your opinion of a mass claim?
To what end? My gut reaction would be to do it tomorrow if the lynch-one-shoot-the-other plan doesn't work, but I don't have a strong objection. I fear we may lose a critical resource to a NK if we claim before getting rid of the known scum, like whoever blocked the N1 kill.

But as I said, I have no objection if people want to push for it. I've claimed myself in full already (except for the name, which I will, and is nothing special).

In any case, if anyone has a power that they think the rest of us should know about, they should claim, even if a mass claim is not called.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 24, 2012, 12:00:01 am »

PFP
Rolename: The Libertarian Maverick.
Re: Book's rolename: I don't know what the precise exact words are. But I guessed that it was based on the Frothy One and you pretty much confirmed that. This narrows the range of applicable sobriquets considerably.
Re: Using front-running to issue-confirm: The idea has merit, but will need to re-read to gauge relative scumminess of Mii and Native. If we're going to do that, we probably need to extend. If we're not going to do that, we have a perfectly fine Dariush-shaped lynch target around, and so don't really need to waste the extend.
Re: Mass claim: I can't articulate an argument against it, except that I can't articulate an argument in favour of it and don't think it's something we should do just for shit and giggles.

Back in 8-10 hours with a fuller response.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 24, 2012, 12:13:08 am »

Heh. Libertarian Maverick does sound like Ron Paul. I like it. Mine is nowhere as cool, but thankfully stays clear of any orifices. I am The True Believer.

Dariush, only you left. Who are you? Do you have anything to say in your defense? Do you have a preference for being lynched or shot?

If people want to extend, I won't oppose it, but I think we have a clear consensus and plan as far as lynch/night, so I doubt how useful it would be. The only thing that remains is the issues.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 24, 2012, 12:31:51 am »

Last quickpost for now, because I really do have a train to catch. But I think this is important.

I have been a complete idiot. I thought Toaster's claim on N1 issue shifts was confirmed, because he had two shifts (corresponding to an anomaly of four between stated and predicted issue positions).

That ain't so! Social was in an extreme position, meaning that the last two pegs of discrepancy could have been overkilled out of our sight.

That story goes like this: Dariush shifts Social to the left. Toaster shifts Social to the left twice. That would reproduce the observed pattern.

Now, I'm still betting that Toaster is town, based on how he blew up the mechanics D1. But that's circumstantial, whereas the issue issue (you should pardon the expression) was something I thought was concrete until two minutes ago.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

GG and McNoble:
This player will become the Frontrunner - they will be guaranteed to survive the night, will gain the ability to shift an additional issue during the night, and will be allowed to moderate the debates tomorrow.

I interpreted this as the Frontrunner could shift two separate issues and not the same issue twice: is that correct?

McNoble, you do raise a decent point though.

Booky:  Fair enough on massclaim- tomorrow sounds like a good idea, since today is becoming a rehash of yesterday.  I don't fully trust Mii, but then again I don't fully trust Tiruin either and he was frontrunner last night- I don't think it's that big a deal.

Mii is Social Super-Conservative, Economic Super-Conservative, Religious Conservative.  It is currently:

Social: Conservative
Religious: Arch-Conservative
Economic: Super-Conservative

That means we need to shift Social R once, Religion L twice, and leave Econ alone.  No one has day-shifted yet, correct?  (I'm assuming not, since it hadn't changed as of last vote count.)  If the day ends with those issues and Mii isn't frontrunnered, then she becomes obvscum and Book shoots her at night.

Any preferred plans for shifts?  I suggest I shift Social Right and Book and Noble shift Religion Left.  Any objections?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile

If the day ends with those issues and Mii isn't frontrunnered, then she becomes obvscum

What does me not getting front runner have to do with me apparently being obvscum?
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 24, 2012, 10:30:41 am »

Frontrunner goes to whoever has the personal issues closest to matching public opinion.  We work together to force the issues to the ones you've claimed.  If you don't get front runner, that means you lied about your issues.  That would mean you are lying scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 24, 2012, 10:59:03 am »

I think that would work.

I'd prefer to have Native, Tiruin and Mii to do the shifts, though, because I trust you, myself and Book not to try and ninja an issue shift much more than I trust Mii, Tiruin and Native on the same thing.

And if they refuse we can grill them for their reasons, which will provide valuable input for the discussion.

Mii, regarding VPs: I haven't seen the mechanics for them yet, but it says quite clearly in my role PM that if I become someone's "running mate" or "sidekick" - i.e. VP candidate - my powers become permanent.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 24, 2012, 11:03:51 am »

Good thinking on the shifts.

Mii shift Social to R and Native and Tiruin shift Religion left, then?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 24, 2012, 11:08:55 am »

I don't have a problem with most of the plan, but I really would rather shift Religion to Moderate to make absolutely sure Dariush is gone, Mii will still have five points. We should probably extend so everyone gets a chance to shift, the day ends soon.

PPE:

Wait, nevermind, that would make me the front runner. Up to you guys, but I'd be happiest with religion at moderate so we don't waste a lynch. Like I said, to counteract anything the Liberals might have planned, we shift it back towards conservatism tonight.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 24, 2012, 11:11:59 am »

Frontrunner goes to whoever has the personal issues closest to matching public opinion.  We work together to force the issues to the ones you've claimed.  If you don't get front runner, that means you lied about your issues.  That would mean you are lying scum.

Thanks for clarifying.

The current issues that you are using are the ones I started the game with. Last night, (mafia night, not real night) I shifted religion to the right.

That would make it look more like this:

Social: Super-Conservative
Religious: Super-Conservative
Economic: Super-Conservative

I'm just a super person across the board.

PPE:

McNoble: I'd like to know how that would be achieved, as we haven't been informed of such a thing. If you are town, though, it would be very useful to have permanent roleblock on our side(especially in a one-shot themed game). Is there any more information pertaining to this new development that we should know about?

Toaster: I'll shift to the right, then.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 24, 2012, 11:13:35 am »

Err... when you shift an issue, you shift the active issues (the issues presented in the day opener), not your own.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 24, 2012, 11:25:17 am »

Err... when you shift an issue, you shift the active issues (the issues presented in the day opener), not your own.

.. you're kidding. I'm going to re-evaluate with the light of this new development. Ach.

At least now I'm no longer confused and understand better. I apologise for the major misunderstanding.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 24, 2012, 11:49:05 am »

McNoble: I'd like to know how that would be achieved, as we haven't been informed of such a thing.
Damfino. It just says that if I become someone's running mate, or otherwise lose that clause, it becomes permanent.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 24, 2012, 11:50:02 am »

Since each day advances the political phase, I'm guessing VP selection will happen later on.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42