Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101507 times)

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard - Day 3: The Primary! And suddenly, issues matter!
« Reply #450 on: February 24, 2012, 11:59:36 am »

Yeah, but IRL the VP selection only happens after we've found the Prez candidate, no?

Which means after there's only one chap left in the game. Which is sorta late for a rolepower to activate...
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 24, 2012, 12:49:04 pm »

Just an update:

Public Opinion:
Social: Conservative
Religious: Arch-Conservative
Economic: Super-Conservative

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 24, 2012, 05:08:29 pm »

I'm currently re-reading the thread, and noting down observations as I go.

Mii: Throughout the whole damn thread you've been not scumhunting. You wanna share with us why you're not scumhunting? Actually, screw that. I don't care why you haven't been scumhunting. You wanna start doing it.

Toaster did propose a way to break the game in town's favour. But he could also have done so in the expectation that he could direct the town to clear his scumbuddy and mass-vote everyone else, for a quick scum win. WIFOM? Sure. But so is crowning him confirmed town because of the game-breaking strategy. The second plan is a much more convincing town-tell, because that would have blown up in his face like a Pinto in Hollywood if he had been scum, except for facts that he had no way of knowing at the time.

As an aside, I'm beginning to seriously regret polishing off Toony. I'm halfway tempted to go through D1 with a comb to see who was driving his wagon. For a substantial part of the day it was Book and Mii. But he dropped enough scumtells that I fear such an exercise would get me thoroughly drunk on wine before I was halfway done.

I need to get to sleep now. I don't think we really need to extend, because we've got perfectly fine obvscum to lynch. I'm starting to get mixed feelings about Tiruin's scumminess, but the fact remains that if Toaster is town (and I think he is), and Book is town (and I'm almost certain he is), then Tiruin is the only plausible candidate for being the liar in the D2 shiftclaims. I'd probably hold fire if I were the vig, but reasonable people can disagree on that point.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 24, 2012, 05:21:29 pm »

For those seeking clarification on conditional day shifts:

No. Shift it or don't shift it folks - if you aren't around to shift it, you shouldn't have put off shifting!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 24, 2012, 05:26:42 pm »

Mod: how long until end of day?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 24, 2012, 05:28:57 pm »

2 hours remains before day end

Actually, two hours and two minutes, but I figured I'd respond instead of waiting for 2 on the dot.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 24, 2012, 05:43:43 pm »

So, we don't seem to be making much more progress. I think we should avoid the extension, as we're not going to make much more, I think, but something should be done with the issues thing.

I haven't sent anything. Unless someone has a better idea, I'm going to send Economy+L, so it's closer to where I am. Not because I really need to be front runner, but because I don't see a clear plan, and if there isn't, we should at least do a token update in self interest.

I will hold until one hour before end of day to do that, and will change it if there is a better plan by then. But I oppose an extension unless someone presents a compelling case for one.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 24, 2012, 05:49:39 pm »

I'm shifting econ to the right if we're not doing The Plan(TM). It's the only one that's to the left of where I need it to be, and I figure the scum has been shifting issues left N1, so they probably want the issues to be shifted left.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 24, 2012, 06:06:04 pm »

Dude, if I shift it left, and you shift it right, we may as well not bother, yes? OK, I'll leave Econ alone and move Social to the right instead.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 24, 2012, 06:25:11 pm »

OK, I'll leave Econ alone and move Social to the right instead.

I already did that, today.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 24, 2012, 06:32:36 pm »

If there's no plan, I'm likely to shift religion to the left.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 24, 2012, 06:36:09 pm »

Yeah, do that. I'll counter it, and at least we sent something. *sigh*

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 24, 2012, 06:48:49 pm »

Well if you're just going to counter it, let's save our shifts for if someone tries something sneaky.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 24, 2012, 06:52:08 pm »

It sounds as if you two are shifting randomly. Is this possibly the case?
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 24, 2012, 06:54:19 pm »

It sounds as if you two are shifting randomly. Is this possibly the case?

Shifting religion to the left gets religion closer to where I want it and to where Dariush (likely) can get lynched.

Maybe someone should shift Social to the right and leave everything else where it is. That way everything is at least super-conservative going into the night.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42