Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101519 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

Dariush! You should give us a chance to miss you before coming back like that! Please explain why & how you decided to rejoin the race, in as much detail as you can.

Inspection results:
- Tiruin is Religious Arch-Conservative.
- NativeForeigner is Religious Moderate.

Both results match with their D2 claims. I still think Tiruin is next in line for the noose, unless Dariush wants to try that one again.

Speaking of which, one clue that we had and totally missed yesterday: Dariush claimed to have been roleblocked N1, and thus couldn't shift issues. There was no mafiakill N1. The night he was blocked. We should have picked up on that doods!

There was no mafiakill N2 either. This leads me to ask whether there are mafiakills at all -- the fact that I have a vig-kill makes me think that yes, there should be. If someone has theories regarding the lack of kill from N2, I'd be interested.

Also, those issue stances are fine where they are. Don't nobody touch that dial. 8-P

Mod: is the audience still allowed participation during D3?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, those issue stances are fine where they are. Don't nobody touch that dial. 8-P
Meh. Never mind. I misread them.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Great. This ruins my theory.

Mod:
Actually. let's clarify:  Mod:  How does the frontrunner double vote work, given that players can still vote for more than one person?
Unanswered yet.

Social> +Conservative
Economics > +Conservative

Alright. This justifies my theory that I've been musing about. Someone does have an ability to bring in people to the race: like what happened to NativeForeigner and then Dariush.
Toaster: Post if you're still alive or the quote below will be liable to suspicion. As reasoning would be damned if you did it on Dariush based on what you said on him.
Tiruin:
Toaster: Did you actually claim as a resurrector (or whatever the formal Mafia name is for that) just to avoid discrepancy in decision? Or are you saving it up until you are sure that the lynched is absolutely town?

Not quite sure what you mean by the first question.  I didn't actually plan on being able to post anything today, as I expected to use my ability on anyone that flipped town.  For now, I'm saving it for people I am absolutely sure on.  Given that we can no longer multilynch, it's less useful for that plan.
I question this. So now that we all know that roles don't flip (am I using that term right?), then how can you be truly sure on the lynch if he or she was town? I'm really at odds here, because it would take a lot of reasoning on a mislynched townie. To me, this sounds like a hidden 'safe' card, though.

I don't know what you're accusing me of here (or even if it's an accusation at all!)  I'd have to have an extremely strong feeling that someone was both town and more useful alive than I was to res them.  If I do res someone, though, know that I am fully endorsing anything they say or do. 

Also, if you are alive, then we have someone who does have a secret power to pull people back into the race. I'm betting it's a third-party.

And if flavor is to be believed I cast my suspicion on the re-living on NativeForeigner who goes on the essence of a reporter/media star, having sway on the masses.

McNoble: I was checking you as since both you and Bookthras have investigations relative to your Arch-issue, and did find Dariush out, if either one or the other was scum and bussing the Liberal.
and my gut says Tiruin.  Book, at least, is able to doublevote Dariush like he said he could.
I concur. If Bookie is Dariush's scumbuddy, he would not just have been putting Dariush on a bus, he'd have been driving the thing. And Tiruin's helpless flailing and insane troll logic over the past 15 or so posts does not fit my read of his town meta. It reads like panicking scum to me.
So my flailing and logic extended to Reply #159 then? The only one who did side against me then was ToonyMan, over vague reasoning. Two cops in game may be strange in a normal Mafia, but I'm not putting aside the idea that we may have had 3 political Ministers who have a one-shot (if what you said was true) investigation that corresponds to their alignment.

And I guess Pranz was the Social Minister based on his nebulous cop claim.

Also, I am now very confused if you try to incriminate me here on my town style. I've played only 4 Mafia games, 1 BM as scum and the other as town, 1 is ongoing and this is the fourth. What are you trying to pull by saying my 'Town' meta?

PPE (Bookthras): Um, what? Why the lackluster vote on me?

Voting on a planned pattern?

Busy in the next ~6 hours, will be back to question the others based on what I've got.

Request Repeat: Can we NOT use flavor characters to allude current players to? Yes, you other people get it, but for some that are not schooled in American politicians (me), it generates much noise in the scumhunting, leading for me to believe that flavor is the way to hunt and not fact.

(I do not want to Google those people to find your reasons for suspicion. Be straightforward with your facts.)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard - Day 3: The Primary! And suddenly, issues matter!
« Reply #363 on: February 22, 2012, 11:50:10 pm »

No more audience participation.

Also, about 43 hours remain in the day.

Double votes allow you to cast an additional vote on a single person.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 22, 2012, 11:57:48 pm »

I'm all for another shift claim, and I for damn sure didn't res Dariush.

I... forgot to shift anything.  Derp.

It occurs to me we could use day shifts to push the issues to a certain point that should match someone's claims.  If they're not frontrunner, then they're full of shit and should hang.

I need to think on it before I contribute anything more of content, and that means sleep.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 23, 2012, 12:04:30 am »

Tiruin: I'm not sure you understand, I knew I was going to join the race since the start of the game, no one else brought me in. As for accusing me of bringing of Dariush back, it was not my doing. Do you have any other reason to suspect me or is it purely flavor? Also, why are you shifting the issues so early? Eager to prove you have Conservatism on the mind?

Dariush: Why shouldn't we take you down again?

Bookthras: I'm guessing that the Liberals don't have a NK, or the roleblocker got lucky again.

I shifted Social towards the Conservative agenda.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
Um, what? Why the lackluster vote on me?
Same reasons as D2. You were next in line for scumminess after Dariush, due to your ridiculous issue stance (though your religious position is confirmed by my inspection), your generally defensive stance on Dariush, and your... let's say, novel, approach at scumhunting and argument construction.

Request Repeat: Can we NOT use flavor characters to allude current players to? Yes, you other people get it, but for some that are not schooled in American politicians (me), it generates much noise in the scumhunting, leading for me to believe that flavor is the way to hunt and not fact.
Request denied. In general, scumhunting-relevant information is explicit or should be easy to gather from context; direct knowledge of current American politics is not required to understand the arguments; and if you are so unschooled and uninterested in politics, you shouldn't have joined a "politibastard" game. The premise that a satire of politics was the essence of the game was right in the title and the initial post.

(I do not want to Google those people to find your reasons for suspicion. Be straightforward with your facts.)
Fact: I think you are scum. Lazy scum at that. All it takes for googling something is a right click. If you can't be bothered, I can't be bothered to hold your hand. Keep up.

I like flavour, and plan to keep using it. Or do you want GG to stop using terms like "Primary" or "attack ads" or "SuperPAC"? No. You don't have to use flavour yourself if you don't want to, but please don't presume to tell others how to play a game.

PPE: Native: I think the presumption that the scum can't kill is dangerous and disingenuous. How else would they win the game?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PPE: Native: I think the presumption that the scum can't kill is dangerous and disingenuous. How else would they win the game?

True, but there's also no flips, so how are we supposed to know we're on the right track? Besides, I can't think of another reason other than lucky roleblocks or, possibly, you got most of the Liberals D1 and then only Dariush was blocked, or all of the Liberals were taken out and now there are only third parties. I don't think it will do a lot of good to speculate.

Tiruin: Are you the incumbent? For some reason, I get the gut feeling that you're the incumbent.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 23, 2012, 12:27:21 am »

What is this "incumbent" of which you speak?

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 23, 2012, 12:29:35 am »

Dariush Dariush is still scum and needs to hang. Bookie's inspect result on Tiruin confuses me.

Book: Why aren't you doublevoting the obvscum? Also, missing your issue changes.

I shifted Economics to the Right again.
Issues have been shifted thusly:
Social 2 to the right.
Religious 1+ to the right.
Economics 1 to the right.

Speaking of which, one clue that we had and totally missed yesterday: Dariush claimed to have been roleblocked N1, and thus couldn't shift issues. There was no mafiakill N1. The night he was blocked. We should have picked up on that doods!
No, I saw that. But I figured he was bullshitting, because of the odd-numbered discrepancy in issue-shifts between actual and claimed. There is a finite number of plausible contingencies which would give that result, and all involve Dariush, Native or Mii shifting a vote to the left instead of doing nothing. So until and unless someone claims having roleblocked Dariush, I'm assuming that they either didn't kill or the kill was blocked by something other than a roleblocker.

There was no mafiakill N2 either. This leads me to ask whether there are mafiakills at all -- the fact that I have a vig-kill makes me think that yes, there should be. If someone has theories regarding the lack of kill from N2, I'd be interested.
Yeah, I know why. That other one-shot I have? That becomes a regular night action when I become VP candidate?

That was a roleblock. And I feel completely comfortable about having used it on Tiruin.

And yeah, roleblocking does stop issue shifts. At least the version of roleblocking I got.

Alright. This justifies my theory that I've been musing about. Someone does have an ability to bring in people to the race: like what happened to NativeForeigner and then Dariush.
Or Dariush had a personal resurrect. Or, if you want to be unbalancedly bastardy, the scumteam has a rezzer, and we need to hit him before we can get to Dariush.

So my flailing and logic extended to Reply #159 then?
Ah, no. Fifteen or so posts in the thread. By anybody.

Also, I like references to posts to come with links rather than (or in addition to) post numbers. Makes me click around less.

Also, I am now very confused if you try to incriminate me here on my town style. I've played only 4 Mafia games, 1 BM as scum and the other as town, 1 is ongoing and this is the fourth. What are you trying to pull by saying my 'Town' meta?
Just that I seem to have remembered you as calm, collected and competent in games where you have played town. I didn't do a full re-read of each of your posts on this board just to make that claim.

I must have misremembered. Consider the claim withdrawn.

Where did people do that? The only place I've seen that done was my analysis of people's issueclaims, and that petered out because we were seem to have mislynched three townies D1. (Also, I forgot about Perry.)

Tiruin: I'm not sure you understand, I knew I was going to join the race since the start of the game, no one else brought me in. As for accusing me of bringing of Dariush back, it was not my doing. Do you have any other reason to suspect me or is it purely flavor? Also, why are you shifting the issues so early? Eager to prove you have Conservatism on the mind?
I think he's claiming what issues he shifted in the night. Or, well, tried to shift. Tiruin, please confirm.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 23, 2012, 12:37:54 am »

What is this "incumbent" of which you speak?

In my PM, my main concern was not of uprooting the Liberal invaders, it was of the incumbent (the existing holder of a political office). Even if we out the Liberals, I had serious doubts about the ability for anyone to actually beat the incumbent. As I said, that's why I've entered the race, even if I don’t get the nomination, I might be able to tweak things to give us a chance of victory. This is why I think the incumbent is a third-party among us.

McNoble: Why do you get a double vote, again?

Also, noted. I'll await Tiruin's clarification.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 23, 2012, 12:43:51 am »

Because I inspected Dariush and he's only Conservative on Economics. I get a doublevote on anybody who turns up less than Super-Conservative to my investigations.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 23, 2012, 12:45:18 am »

Because I inspected Dariush and he's only Conservative on Economics. I get a doublevote on anybody who turns up less than Super-Conservative to my investigations.

Are you sure that carries through his lynching?

PPE: I guess we'll find out with the next votecount.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 23, 2012, 12:48:53 am »

Bookie's inspect result on Tiruin confuses me.
Confused me too. While we're here, I prefer "Book" rather than Bookie as an abbreviation for my name...

Book: Why aren't you doublevoting the obvscum? Also, missing your issue changes.
No reason to double vote him until closer to end of day. All that matters is that he knows I know he's scum, actual tallies are not that important at the moment. It'll happen naturally as I paint him red every time I talk to him. For the record, I can now double-vote Dariush, NativeForeigner, or you, McNoble. Lots of votes!

I shifted Social to the Right.

Yeah, I know why. That other one-shot I have? That becomes a regular night action when I become VP candidate?

That was a roleblock. And I feel completely comfortable about having used it on Tiruin.

And yeah, roleblocking does stop issue shifts. At least the version of roleblocking I got.

Interesting. Tiruin: you said earlier:
Social> +Conservative
Economics > +Conservative

I assumed you meant your issue changes for the night. Please confirm that this is indeed what you did.

Are you sure that carries through his lynching?
PPE: I guess we'll find out with the next votecount.
It does for mine, I asked GG, he confirmed. Since McNoble's inspection seems to be a similar power to mine, I assume he also still has the double vote.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 23, 2012, 12:55:48 am »

I shifted Religion to the right.

Dariush: Why are you here?

Everyone: If someone resurrected him, why? And who? What would be the purpose, exactly, for either side? For the scum he would be a good distraction, if anything. To avert the attention a bit from themselves. But for town to bring back obvscum? I don't like that theory,since it doesn't even make sense. If his life is not the product of a town/scum res at all, then can his being here have something to do with his role? Perhaps we have a third party here (but then again, I don't see the point in their bringing him back, either, unless he may have some other pivotal role that said third party knows that we don't)?

Or Dariush had a personal resurrect.
Would this not make him invincible if it were an ability that could be used more than once? I imagine if this were the case, it would only have a one-time use. It seems unlikely, though, that if he knew he was going to come back that he would lurk his first try.

I never before heard this theory from you, unless I missed something. Feel free to start musing where we can hear.

But yes, it is an interesting concept you propose. Perhaps Native was brought in another way? It was planned from the beginning, it seems, him coming into the game a bit late (judging by his first post in-game before he was able to join the race). I think someone has the ability to bring people into the race, but I do not think Dariush's res(?) and Native's hop into the game are directly correlated.

PPE: This thread is faster than I am used to at the moment, so you'll have to excuse my slightly belated post.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42