Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101663 times)

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard: A Quickish Mafia - Day 1: The Straw Poll
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2012, 11:17:37 pm »

Quote from: Mii
The idea of freedom should be adhered for what it is - a wonderful theory
A theory is something that has passed inspection, and is considered more than just a passing... well, thought. Freedom is something more - it is the baseline of what everything is in America.

So, is freedom a wonderful theory, or is it something more? You are contradicting yourself, like only RINOs do. Vote Mii.

You already voted me! You voted me twice over, then - how charming. I stand by my earlier comment that it is a theory; a damn good one, if you ask me. It is more than a hypothesis, is what the sentence's structure was supposed to be taken as. To you, what is the step higher than a theory, which is of course higher than a hypothesis?

Mii:
Lies! You think we aren't infiltrated but we've just lost Ellen! You're stating
You made that error twice in the short time I have spoken to you. Are you, perhaps, a dirty communist traitor for making such inexcusable errors? Because we all know communists are not true Americans, thus are inadept with our superior language.
this as a fact?! We've been infiltrated before, the country is at stake and you think they can't be walking among us just because of that?

You're a mole!

((OOC: What is a commie?

And fine, going with flavor. But I'm prone to getting some thoughts wrong  :-\))

<< A commie is a derogatory(?)/slang word for communist. >>

You would imagine, though, that they would have our language down pat before trying to make a sound argument! Stress can cause anyone to slip up and lose their knowledge of basic grammar rules. It is merely an accusation of what I have seen of them so far.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2012, 11:21:33 pm »

Bookthras:
Fine. On Evolution, I abhor Darwin's theory. We've all originated from the same source, but not pre-existing animals!
On Gravity, I believe it to be a law, a natural law that none can break, it exists and always will be as long as there is matter and mass.

Dariush: Who would you most likely prefer, if scum, as your scumbuddy? And if an SK, what would you base your kill on?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2012, 11:26:43 pm »

I mean that you called Pranz a 'buddyer' but decided to answer the question I addressed to someone ELSE, Tiruin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2012, 11:33:37 pm »

How could I answer the question on why he chose his name when even I don't know why he chose his name. I didn't answer his question, from where I see it.

Broken reasoning there ToonyMan.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2012, 12:14:35 am »

You are still misunderstanding.  I see no reason to unvote you then.  And I don't know how to explain it anymore without getting creative which is a huge no-no.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2012, 12:21:28 am »

Pranz:  How many games of Mafia have you played?

This time it's personal bookthras.
It's clear that one of us must die to let the other live in freedom. Oh and i would bomb the shit out of iran.

This post says scum.

Your question was? Your vote for me was because i had a lack of votes. I dare say you have no qualities or honor as a real american does and is in fact a dirty communist.
As president i end ToonyMan

This one says you have no idea what you're doing.

Mii:
No, you have not. I quite like the game Dwarf Fortress, since you so kindly asked! If I were scum and no one else noticed it, I would (in all probability) not notice it myself. Since we are speaking figuratively, however, let us pretend I did notice. It depends on my role. If I had a role that needed that particular scum alive for me to win, I would only hint at but one of the parts of the slip they had let loose. If I had a role that needed that scum dead for me to win... well, that should be quite obvious. Yes, I would point it out.

Interesting answer.  Since I've never heard of a scum needing a scumbuddy dead (except Mafia Usuper, a pretty damn rare role), I'm going to take it that you answered it that way since you just recently saw that role... in your role PM.  Scum.

Toony:  Tunnelling is one thing, but you're just lashing out now.  Why?

Also, Toaster.  This mechanic seems obtuse since we can vote ourselves.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2012, 12:31:53 am »

ANDREW425, why is your name Andrew?!  Is it a trick to deceive our great and proud and great COUNTRY?

ANDREW means MANLINESS, for that is the essence of what I am.

Tiruin It's people like you who give bad names to us true Conservatives.

Mod: I don't understand the rules of this game.

Red means an attack add against another, you can run as many as you want?

Green means a self vote for the straw pole? Would anyone not want to vote themselves?

Andrew
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2012, 12:42:41 am »

Quote from: Mii
The idea of freedom should be adhered for what it is - a wonderful theory
A theory is something that has passed inspection, and is considered more than just a passing... well, thought. Freedom is something more - it is the baseline of what everything is in America.
So, is freedom a wonderful theory, or is it something more? You are contradicting yourself, like only RINOs do. Vote Mii.
You already voted me! You voted me twice over, then - how charming. I stand by my earlier comment that it is a theory; a damn good one, if you ask me. It is more than a hypothesis, is what the sentence's structure was supposed to be taken as. To you, what is the step higher than a theory, which is of course higher than a hypothesis?

Does my voting you make you nervous, Mii? More nervous if I vote you more, Mii? Your nervousness betrays your insecurity, your fear of being caught for the liberal RINO you are, I think.

So, you stand by your notion that freedom is a theory, and you know that Evolution is also a theory. Are these theories in equal standing, in your view? Why or why not?

The step higher than a theory is, of course, fact. Revealed truth. Indisputable information received from a higher power or authority, that does not rely on such prosaic means as verification or experimentation. Some things just are, things that you don't know that just are are merely theories, like thermodynamics. Absolute Zero is where God says it's cold, my helium will never solidify, no matter how cold your liberal fridge makes it!

Your lack of conviction for revealed truths, and your wishiwashingness about whether Freedom is a theory, tell me that you are not a true Conservative, but a heartless liberal. Vote Mii! (nervous yet?)
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2012, 12:44:03 am »

And I don't know how to explain it anymore without getting creative which is a huge no-no.
ToonyMan, why is getting creative a no-no? We true conservatives are fine with creation!
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2012, 01:04:51 am »

Mii:
No, you have not. I quite like the game Dwarf Fortress, since you so kindly asked! If I were scum and no one else noticed it, I would (in all probability) not notice it myself. Since we are speaking figuratively, however, let us pretend I did notice. It depends on my role. If I had a role that needed that particular scum alive for me to win, I would only hint at but one of the parts of the slip they had let loose. If I had a role that needed that scum dead for me to win... well, that should be quite obvious. Yes, I would point it out.

Interesting answer.  Since I've never heard of a scum needing a scumbuddy dead (except Mafia Usuper, a pretty damn rare role), I'm going to take it that you answered it that way since you just recently saw that role... in your role PM.  Scum.

I did not answer from my own experience! In other words, in all honesty, that role is something I have never before heard of or seen myself in a game. I answered, thinking of every circumstance. The former is more common, as I am led to believe. The latter just crossed my mind, because that is the exact opposite of needing scum alive for your win. I just thought I myself would glance upon it. You are welcome.

But as our wonderful country states - ignorantia juris non excusat. So alas, my mistake might not even be registered as a mistake but as feigned ignorance. Even if I were scum with that role (which I am not - I will excuse your lapse in judgment in thinking I am scum if you excuse my short-lived obliviousness), why would I feel the need to share it with you?

"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2012, 01:28:23 am »

ANDREW425, why is your name Andrew?!  Is it a trick to deceive our great and proud and great COUNTRY?
ANDREW means MANLINESS, for that is the essence of what I am.
Perfect.  Unvote Andrew.

Toony:  Tunnelling is one thing, but you're just lashing out now.  Why?
LIBERALISM.  Liberals are among us and must be eradicated.

And I don't know how to explain it anymore without getting creative which is a huge no-no.
ToonyMan, why is getting creative a no-no? We true conservatives are fine with creation!
What?!  True conservatives are not FINE with creativeness.  We must secure our lives with RIGIDNESS and OLD-AGENESS.  Creation is not for the common man.  Why are YOU supporting this Bookthras?

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2012, 01:29:55 am »

Does my voting you make you nervous, Mii? More nervous if I vote you more, Mii? Your nervousness betrays your insecurity, your fear of being caught for the liberal RINO you are, I think.

So, you stand by your notion that freedom is a theory, and you know that Evolution is also a theory. Are these theories in equal standing, in your view? Why or why not?

The step higher than a theory is, of course, fact. Revealed truth. Indisputable information received from a higher power or authority, that does not rely on such prosaic means as verification or experimentation. Some things just are, things that you don't know that just are are merely theories, like thermodynamics. Absolute Zero is where God says it's cold, my helium will never solidify, no matter how cold your liberal fridge makes it!

Your lack of conviction for revealed truths, and your wishiwashingness about whether Freedom is a theory, tell me that you are not a true Conservative, but a heartless liberal. Vote Mii! (nervous yet?)

No, just a fact. I just hope you know that no matter how many times you vote me (Five, now! Oh, woe is me, woe is me!) it will still count as only but a vote. I am doubtless you are already aware of this small fact. How am I nervous? Your misconstruction of my words has me tickled pink, not nervous!

Not all theories are in equal standing! You must be jesting with this question! Freedom is held in a higher standard than anything else (especially evolution!) in my eyes. It is above equality - to have everyone express themselves in a way they see fit. I truly do not see any other way that life could work while most are satisfied - of course, everyone not included in the 'most' category being you liberal ninnies.

A true conservative (having freedom held in high standards - let us not forget what freedom actually means) believes that freedom can range from theory to revealed truth. This is because, of course, we ourselves are learning things - shaping theories, making ideas, creating revealed truths such as Christianity. That is one definite revealed truth of what we conservatives believe in.

It seems as though you classify freedom as one category, when there are many more subcategories to be explored. So, in theory, everything is a theory! It's just that, well... Freedom > Liberalism.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2012, 01:46:57 am »

How could I answer the question on why he chose his name when even I don't know why he chose his name.
Even I? That's a suspicious wording... as in, why would any random bloke know it, but why would even his partner-in-crime know it?

Tiruin: You said earlier that Pranz's post made you think he was scum. Why? If you thought he was scum, why didn't you press him further? Do you think Andrew is scum?

Andrew: What do you say about Tiruin's curious wording about your name? If you couldn't vote yourself in green for the poll frontrunner, who would you vote, and why?

What?!  True conservatives are not FINE with creativeness.  We must secure our lives with RIGIDNESS and OLD-AGENESS.  Creation is not for the common man.  Why are YOU supporting this Bookthras?
Hmm... misunderstanding. I support creation, as in Godly endeavours to bring life where there was none, while you were talking about creativity, as in liberal pursuit of arts, literature, invention, and similar stoner hippie pursuits. Yeah, creativity sucks, creation rocks.

The latter just crossed my mind, because that is the exact opposite of needing scum alive for your win.
Actually, the opposite of needing scum alive to win is to be town, isn't it? But that didn't cross your mind at all when typing that reply. Telling, isn't it, Mii?

Your misconstruction of my words has me tickled pink
You admit you are a pinko, then. Good.

A true conservative (having freedom held in high standards - let us not forget what freedom actually means) believes that freedom can range from theory to revealed truth. This is because, of course, we ourselves are learning things - shaping theories, making ideas, creating revealed truths such as Christianity.
Conservatives... shaping theories? Blasphemy! Such conjectures are the bastion of liberal scientists and the like. Worse: creating Christianity!? Heresy! We do not and have not created Christianity, it was bestowed upon us by the Creator God, through his son Jesus, to his chosen the Founding Fathers, by whose example we live. We don't create it, we just live and implement it. Your "creativeness", as described above, betrays your true convictions: you are a liberal pinko creative artist hippie, a RINO, and a scum. Vote MII!

Mii: Please tell me your opinions on the strength of conviction of Toaster and ToonyMan, and whether you think Urist McNoble's lack of posting should be held against him as a cowering RINO or not.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2012, 02:05:40 am »

((Can't stop laughing.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2012, 02:23:43 am »

Flavour
Spoiler: Bookthras (click to show/hide)

Bookthras: Are you a True American who wants to allow people to choose the school they find best for their children, or are you a nanny-statist who wants to imprison our youth in Government schools and subject them to Statist indoctrination?

Non-flavour:
Spoiler: Bookthras (click to show/hide)

Pranz:

This time it's personal bookthras.
It's clear that one of us must die to let the other live in freedom.
I realise it is was random vote stage, but how do you possibly justify this vote?

Aand your next post just keeps digging with an OMGUS at Toony.

Stay classy, Pranz. Stay classy.

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Assorted OOC (click to show/hide)
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42