Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101514 times)

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard - Day 3: The Primary! And suddenly, issues matter!
« Reply #465 on: February 24, 2012, 06:59:46 pm »

Native: Dariush might have been lying, do not forget - it might be liberal that the religion has to be on for him to be lynched and he might have been bluffing so he could stay another night.

In about thirty minutes, I'll be leaving for around three or more hours. Just a heads-up. It might not even matter because of the night drawing near.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 24, 2012, 07:03:35 pm »

If that was the case, he would have stayed dead last night.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 24, 2012, 07:14:59 pm »

Tiruin: You have failed to join in our lively conversation for the past 20 hours. Why is this?

Native: Yes, true. He could be lying, anyway, with any circumstance. I don't trust scum, especially obvscum - I don't recommend you do so either. Shifting won't do any harm, really, unless he said that just to make you shift because he might need someone else to shift for him to actually stay alive. I'm just trying to see what the consequences might be for you (or anyone, really) believing what he says.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 24, 2012, 08:07:47 pm »

It's pretty clear that the Shift Plan has flopped and died.  We can at least see what the final ones are, compare them to claims, and see what happens.

I don't recommend listening to a word Dariush says.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 24, 2012, 08:13:16 pm »

Meh, I'm gonna dayshift Social to the right before the day ends.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 24, 2012, 09:44:50 pm »

Sorry, got quite busy.

Day ends in 10 minutes, night ends... well, in the morning. So... 9 hours? Soon as I get up to open the new day, heh.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 24, 2012, 09:54:50 pm »

Oh great. I wake up and it's the beginning of night.

Uh, following the issue shift then. Shifting Religion to the left then, now less Conservative.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 25, 2012, 11:04:42 am »

Night is being extended until I stop feeling like absolute crap. who knows how long that will take. :/

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 26, 2012, 10:05:19 am »

Gogdamnnit I hate weekends. Okay, we SHOULD have the official, with flavour, night end sometime in the next 12 hours.

Night will last 10-12 hours from that because seriously, why I did I do it this way, it's stupid.

That is all.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 27, 2012, 12:28:58 am »

Spoiler: State of the Game (click to show/hide)

The Primaries! Thrilling. Exhilarating. And over, all too soon. Dariush, riding high on his triumphant return, held an early lead - but that was quickly dashed to pieces by the relentless attacks of his fellow nominees. By the end of the day, his name was mud - not even his amazing ability to turn a negative into a positive could overcome the mudslinging and muckraking that brought him down in a hurricane of scandal and public resentment.

The others quickly split into two groups - those who were neck and neck to win the primary session, and those who weren't even close. With Dariush eliminated and the radical base making a strong showing in the primary both, many of the more moderate hopefuls were left out in the cold.

Finally, a clear victor emerged - Bookthras steadily climbed in the polls until, barely edging out his nearest competitors, he ended the day in the coveted position of front runner.

Now, for a short couple days, at least, the candidates can rest and relax. Things are not over yet, however - the Caucuses are not far away now, and the National Committee has mentioned a few small changes to this year's proceedings...

Bookthras becomes The Frontrunner!
Dariush has been lynched!

Compaign Break:
The players are allowed to talk tonight. Come morning, the Caucus season will being. Night ends in 16 hours. Or so. Fuck if I know, so much for being quick-ish... We'll just say it's longer than normal on account of the flavour gap.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard - Night 4: Campaign break. Feel free to chat.
« Reply #475 on: February 27, 2012, 04:23:55 am »

Spoiler: summary of claims (click to show/hide)

Public Opinion:
Social: Conservative
Religious: Arch-Conservative
Economic: Arch-Conservative

Well, well, well, well...

Pointcount:
Tiruin: 4 pts.
Dariush: Up to 2 pts.
Mii: 2 pts.
Toaster: 2 pts.
Bookthras: 3 pts.
NativeForeigner: 2 pts.
UristMcUselessNoble: 2 pts.

At least one of Book and Tiruin is lying, fakeclaiming scum.

There are only two ways in which Book could even draw even with Tiruin: By have fakeclaimed SuperCon for Social despite being only Con, or by having fakeclaimed Moderate for Econ despite being ArchCon.

Neither is remotely plausible.

So, Tiruin, got any last words for the voting public before we send you back to New York or whatever other Liberal place you came out of?
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 27, 2012, 05:16:57 am »

Woohoo! The front runner is me! It's lonely here at the top.

Yeah, I restate (in case of doubts) that I'm Social Super-Conservative, Religious Arch-Conservative, Economic Moderate; for the record, I shifted (or kept) religious at Arch-Conservative. Inspired, somewhat after the fact, by this:

Given that we can talk at night, I welcome opinions as to my night action. I can shoot someone, or inspect up to two people's religious stance. I've not yet inspected Toaster and Mii, I could inspect them both tonight. (For clarity: I welcome and appreciate suggestions, but the final choice of action is mine alone.)

I will send my night action in approximately ten hours from the time of this post (GG: please say if there are different deadlines).
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 27, 2012, 05:30:18 am »

Tempting as it indisputably is to just shoot the obvscum and be done with it, I find Toaster difficult to read and we have fuck all data on Mii. So I would really, really like an investigation on them.

OTOH, there's no good reason to have obvscum around. It screws up scumhunting because everybody keeps semi-lurking, just waiting for the day to end and the obvscum to go away. Today was mostly unproductive - it felt like most of us were just going through the motions to get rid of Dariush.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 27, 2012, 07:22:09 am »

First of all, Bookthras, hold your fire and save it for the real third-party. I am not the third-party. As the votes go, I'll be lynched tonight or in the morning(?). Question as if we can lynch at night. Anyway, I am not lying about my Archy-ness. If I was, then Bookthras would have a double vote on me based on all that red smeared on my name, coming from Day 2 to be exact. Also, I won't lie about being all Arch-Conservative, seeing the variance in all the issues. McNoble, why do you find that so unbelievable, and I want an explanation.

Now, I didn't lie about the Day 2 shifts when they were moved to Conservative, as McNoble blocked me.
As an aside, I'm beginning to seriously regret polishing off Toony. I'm halfway tempted to go through D1 with a comb to see who was driving his wagon.

...about Tiruin's scumminess, but the fact remains that if Toaster is town (and I think he is), and Book is town (and I'm almost certain he is), then Tiruin is the only plausible candidate for being the liar in the D2 shiftclaims...
Why do you regret the lynch of Toony anyway and why do you fall back on saying I'm a liar on the shiftclaims when you blocked me? I know I am blocked.

Also, did you just claim that one-shot name investigate thing just so we can all reveal our names for the scum here? NativeForeigner did not post his and you seem to be fine with it. Like knowing only mine would count?

I'm suspicious of his wincon. "Kill the incumbent, doesn't matter on the liberals." to paraphrase what he said. Doesn't that already mean third-party? Unless it's my inexperience with their wincon that's talking.

Bookthras: Do me a favor and spam-vote everyone you investigated, to be sure and to clear things up and check who really lies, including the 'dead' to make sure we have no incoming candidates. Then unvote later on and focus it on who you think is scum.

Spoiler: This is related (click to show/hide)

McNoble: That I'm not fakeclaiming scum.

One thing I think, you cannot win the frontrunner position twice in this Mafia. The Public Scrutiny must be the note as it would give an infinite set of +1 votes and an infinite NK-Immunity if anyone's alignment would be determined and then set as the constant frontrunner, leading to a loophole. And, yes. I still believe in flavor here. I guess finding loopholes will not work, the Mod has this locked down in bastardism. In a good way.

Mii: On your FoS (Which I want to inquire about. Why FoS when you can vote? Why are you afraid, if I may call it, of laying down votes?). I was asleep, I couldn't join that conversation even if I wanted to. Sleep cured my typographical errors. Sleep cured migraines. Sleep cures confusion.

Where is your scumhunting by the way?

NativeForeigner: Who are your top scumpicks, exclude me for any reason and why? Also, why aren't you scumhunting on your own? Leaving it up mostly to the cop and one-shot detective, Book and McNoble? Your statements have gone along their lines.

Also, I did shift Religion to be less Conservative as my day-shift BUT that was after I saw the plan made by Toaster. Then I saw what Mod GG said. Looks like it was stuck then, on Arch.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 27, 2012, 08:24:26 am »

Anyway, I am not lying about my Archy-ness. If I was, then Bookthras would have a double vote on me based on all that red smeared on my name, coming from Day 2 to be exact.
Not if you had a Godfatherish role, since Book's role (as claimed, and mine works the same way, so I'm inclined to believe that) only gives him a double-vote on people he has investigated and found to be ideologically deviant.

Also, I won't lie about being all Arch-Conservative, seeing the variance in all the issues.
Yeah, sorry, I don't drink wine on Monday nights.

McNoble, why do you find that so unbelievable, and I want an explanation.
Because if you were ACon on all Issues, you would be the front-runner? And you aren't, so you aren't.

Unless you wish to postulate that Book made a fakeclaim, which is totally implausible based on the set of possible combinations that could give him more favourable point scores than the claim he did make.

I see you have a plausible alternative hypothesis further down, but this was my reasoning at the time I voted you.

Now, I didn't lie about the Day 2 shifts when they were moved to Conservative, as McNoble blocked me.
As an aside, I'm beginning to seriously regret polishing off Toony. I'm halfway tempted to go through D1 with a comb to see who was driving his wagon.

...about Tiruin's scumminess, but the fact remains that if Toaster is town (and I think he is), and Book is town (and I'm almost certain he is), then Tiruin is the only plausible candidate for being the liar in the D2 shiftclaims...
Why do you regret the lynch of Toony anyway
Because I read a couple of old games where Toony flipped town, and upon re-reading D1 I realised that his play looked an awful lot like Town!Toony.

and why do you fall back on saying I'm a liar on the shiftclaims when you blocked me?
Because I blocked you N2. You lied about your N1 shifts on D2. Which is before my block happened.

I know I am blocked.
Why did you not mention this in your first D2 post?

Also, did you just claim that one-shot name investigate thing just so we can all reveal our names for the scum here?
I did no such thing. I said that I was pretty sure I could catch you in a fakeclaim, because I was pretty sure that the correspondence to real candidates would be as strong as it was in my flavour, and you have given no indication of knowing enough about the Repug candidates to be able to cook up a convincing fakeclaim.

As it turned out, I was wrong and my roleflavour was more obvious than the rest. Oh, well. Win some, lose some.

I am, however, interested in why you'd think that any of the rolenames we've seen D3 would be of any interest to scum. The scum know who are not scum. They don't need the rolenames to figure that out.

NativeForeigner did not post his and you seem to be fine with it. Like knowing only mine would count?
Actually, he was the very first to claim.

I'm suspicious of his wincon. "Kill the incumbent, doesn't matter on the liberals." to paraphrase what he said. Doesn't that already mean third-party? Unless it's my inexperience with their wincon that's talking.
That's a good point. Doesn't make you any less scummy, though.

Bookthras: Do me a favor and spam-vote everyone you investigated, to be sure and to clear things up and check who really lies, including the 'dead' to make sure we have no incoming candidates. Then unvote later on and focus it on who you think is scum.
That's a good idea. Bookthras, you should do this. Probably not until the day starts, though.

Everyone: Do you have a name said in flavor linked to any real-life person?
Protip: If you want answers from everybody, don't bury the question in the middle of a spoiler addressed at a particular player.

And in answer to your question: Not explicitly, but it was pretty obvious.

McNoble: That I'm not fakeclaiming scum.

One thing I think, you cannot win the frontrunner position twice in this Mafia. The Public Scrutiny must be the note as it would give an infinite set of +1 votes and an infinite NK-Immunity if anyone's alignment would be determined and then set as the constant frontrunner, leading to a loophole. And, yes. I still believe in flavor here. I guess finding loopholes will not work, the Mod has this locked down in bastardism. In a good way.
That's... actually a surprisingly reasonable hypothesis. Unvote Tiruin pending clarification from the Mod: Is it possible to be front-runner two days in a row?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42