Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101521 times)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello my name is Tim Pawlenty

What?

I've already withdrawn from the race?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

...catching up. [Warning: Wall of Text Ahead]

Orangebottle:
Tiruin.
Dear Mr. Bottle. Your decision not to support our campaign is disappointing. It shouldn't be necessary to remind you that we men who lust for power can be vindictive when we achieve it. Once I'm President, you would do well to prepare yourself for a tax audit, a GPS on the trunk of your car, a phone tap, and if you give us the slightest excuse, then straight to Guantanamo with you.

E Pluribus Screw You,
Bookthras.

Tiruin:
Arch-Conservative on all issues! A super PAC is supportive of my case, hello random vote.
I find that unlikely. I don't have evidence to contradict it, but it sounds to me like it's your SuperPAC telling us you are arch-conservative, while you're not really so... which would be a great way to hide liberal scum. A big enough SuperPAC could get Nancy Pelosi into the Republican race.

Unvote NativeForeigner and Toaster
Dude, that doesn't work unless you colour it red. You should know that by now.

PPE: Bookthras.
Yes?

Dariush:
Actually I am Social Super-Conservative, Economic Super-Conservative, Religious Conservative. I attempted to shift Social, but was roleblocked.
Well, it so happens that I can double-vote anyone who I have inspected who is far enough away from me on religious issues. Let's try to see if you are one of them, shall we?
Dariush, Dariush. Moderator: updated vote count, please.

Toaster:
Book:
Dariush: I will claim without waiting: He is a full-on Religious Liberal. Opposed to religion completely, doesn't belong to a church, and once referred to religion as "the opiate of the masses". More Marxist than that, you can't get.
How much of that is from the role result, and how much is your own personal expansion of flavor?
Pretty much all of it is from the inspection result (it was quite flavourful). A bit paraphrased to avoid quoting the mod, but it was all there: lack of a church, opposed completely, opiate of the masses, it was all GG's doing.

NativeForeigner:
Bookthras: I understand your cautious stance. Allow me to explain, I am the Dark Horse Candidate and I have the best of Conservative interests in mind. I found out about the Liberal invasion early and decided to do something about it, but I had to wait for the right moment to announce my candidacy. As I said, I'm not looking for personal gain, I'm looking to ensure a Conservative victory in this race. If it comes down to it, I would gladly sacrifice my standing in the polls to ensure a true Conservative rises to victory.
Hmmm... sounds a bit too good to be true. We must have lynched some scum yesterday, and are likely to find some today. I find it improbable that GG felt magnanimous and added another townie to the mix. My instinct with regards to game balance tells me it's much more likely you are a third party, survivor, SK or the like (yeah, metagaming a bit here); but I don't know how to prove it. The fact that you somehow didn't have issue positions at the start increases my suspicions.

From what you say, you appear to have some inside information on some of our competitors. What are you going to do to convince us they're accurate?
I can't do much beyond what I've already done: present them for review, and see if they match the observations of others. Though the double-vote thing on Dariush may help too.

Bookthras: Please explain your vote against Dariush; of course, at your earliest convenience.
Certainly: He's been scummy since D1, avoiding questions, defending ToonyMan, activelurking, OMGUSing (both D1 & D2), and so on. So I investigated his stance on religious issues last night. I found him to be a Religious Liberal. He has stated that he's not, which I know to be a lie, so on top of the above he's a liar about being a liberal.

I can prove I investigated him, by using the double-vote thing I mention above, as it only works on those whose stance I directly know. See: Vote Mii. Vote Mii. Next vote count, I'll have voted you only once, but Dariush twice; therefore I did in fact inspect him. Unfortunately, it doesn't prove I'm actually telling the truth about my result, but that's up to you people to make your minds about, weigh it with the rest of the evidence, and so on.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm... sounds a bit too good to be true. We must have lynched some scum yesterday, and are likely to find some today. I find it improbable that GG felt magnanimous and added another townie to the mix. My instinct with regards to game balance tells me it's much more likely you are a third party, survivor, SK or the like (yeah, metagaming a bit here); but I don't know how to prove it. The fact that you somehow didn't have issue positions at the start increases my suspicions.

I'm not sure what lynching scum yesterday has to do with me. I'll be a little more clear: I'm not here because anyone is doing a poor job at finding the liberals, I honestly have no idea if anyone lynched yesterday was actually a liberal. I knew I would be joining in from the start. If I hadn't declared my candidacy last night, it would have happened automatically this coming night.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Why the hell are we supporting Tiruin again? Did I miss a memo? Or did he and his buddies call in backup or something?

I know why we're supporting Dariush, and that's because it's hilarious to see winning obvscum. But Tiruin? Little shakier on that one.

In any case, we should be supporting Bookthras instead. And lynching Dariush, but we seem to be on top of that one.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If elected President, I will enact massive tax cuts for Owls and Ironic Americans!
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bookthras: Forgot to mention in my last post, I technically did have issue positions at the start, GG just didn't include it in my original PM.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hear you. It still sounds fishy, though, but not much can be done about it for now.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile

tl;dr for the Mod: Unvote Everyone, Vote Dariush

I investigated the Economic stances of Dariush and Toaster.

Dariush is an economic moderate, who likes regulation, doesn't care about cutting taxes and has been suggesting to tax the rich more. And yes, that's all from the mod, though not verbatim so. Which incidentally confirms that the flavour Bookthras reported is not out of line for an investigation result of an issue on which the target is liberal. Of course, he could have made it up himself, but I find that massively unlikely, since he's the first to have claimed an investigation result. This and the fact that Dariush is a liar who demonstrably lied about his stances, presumably because he thought them too revealing.

Toaster is an economic conservative, which checks out against his own claim.

Mii: The reason I wanted everyone to claim today is that this was a one-shot, and I stated so openly from the get-go. That means that once I revealed the second target and the issue, people no longer had to worry about whether they were the one I had inspected, nor for what, and could instead start pulling claims out of their asses.

Everybody has now made issue claims, so I'll start drawing some conclusions:
Spoiler: summary of claims (click to show/hide)

Based on this, I've got some hypotheses:
First that the ones who get inspects are the ones who are Arch-Conservative on the issue being inspected. If so, either Tiruin has the Social Inspect, or we lynched out that inspect D1. I find the latter more plausible.
Second that some or all of the roles are built over actual candidates.

Everyone: How well does this check out with your role flavour?
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

To the crowd, hear me! All candidates are open for questions, but security will only let you pose one (question) post before leaving. You may also, only, greenvote once.

{So it's one question/comment post then one greenvote post. Just to clarify for the Audience}

Orangebottle:
Tiruin.
Dear Mr. Bottle. Your decision not to support our campaign is disappointing. It shouldn't be necessary to remind you that we men who lust for power can be vindictive when we achieve it. Once I'm President, you would do well to prepare yourself for a tax audit, a GPS on the trunk of your car, a phone tap, and if you give us the slightest excuse, then straight to Guantanamo with you.

E Pluribus Screw You,
Bookthras.
My dear chap, this just proves your inability to rule! You try to buy over a man's honest vote and then you tell him to mechanically incline himself? Are you daft?!

Tiruin:
Arch-Conservative on all issues! A super PAC is supportive of my case, hello random vote.
I find that unlikely. I don't have evidence to contradict it, but it sounds to me like it's your SuperPAC telling us you are arch-conservative, while you're not really so... which would be a great way to hide liberal scum. A big enough SuperPAC could get Nancy Pelosi into the Republican race.
Its the other way around. Arch-Conservative on issues, and a super PAC is backing me up. Which I have no control over. (The PPE was to say I noted your post when posting down mine. And I didn't know about the "Unvotes must be colored red" thing, worked in other Mafias.)

Unvote NativeForeigner and Toaster

PPE: McNoble.

Hey, McNoble, you haven't responded to your lie I pointed out earlier. (Why'd you Godwin there?! Also, who in the world are you referring me to? Your votes are especially on flavor!)

Also, you're putting very heavy emphasis on the variance of beliefs. Where's the scumhunting there?

(What is a Bagger?)

Bookthras: So you're alright with the other liberal out there? Going by the name of McNoble?
Also:
Dariush:
Actually I am Social Super-Conservative, Economic Super-Conservative, Religious Conservative. I attempted to shift Social, but was roleblocked.
Well, it so happens that I can double-vote anyone who I have inspected who is far enough away from me on religious issues. Let's try to see if you are one of them, shall we?
Dariush, Dariush. Moderator: updated vote count, please.
You question me about my double-vote power while you kept one in secret? Huh? Also, you are trying that out on Mii who claims Conservative?

Also, You haven't posted your own issue claims down! You hypocrite! Letting others claim issues while you hide behind flavor!

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, McNoble, you haven't responded to your lie I pointed out earlier.
What lie? You've been using that word a lot. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Your first "lie" claim was for pointing out that you OMGUSed me when I pressure voted you on the basis of your implausible claim. Which, eh, you did. Go check for yourself. It's not that many posts back.

Your second claim of "lie" was that I supposedly lied about my inspection. You pulled that out of your ass, so there's no real way I can respond to that. De gustibus non est disputandum, and all you presented was a gut feeling.

Your third claim of "lie" was that I pointed out that you were chainsawing for Native after I asked him a completely reasonable question. Which, eh, you did. Again, the posts aren't that far back. You can go check for yourself.

Did I miss anything?

(Why'd you Godwin there?!
Because it seemed a handy illustration. I wasn't claiming that you were a Nazi (though for a rethug, that would probably be a point of pride). I was claiming that you are probably fakeclaiming because your claim is so completely over-the-top that it wouldn't work even if your role had been based on an unapologetic neo-nazi. Which it can't be, because there are no unapologetic neo-nazis in the repug primaries.

Also, who in the world are you referring me to?
Huh? I'm not referring you to anybody. I may refer you to the noose tomorrow unless you start shaping up, because right now you and Native are my two top picks for Dariush's scumbuddies. But Dariush is a confirmed liar, and as such he needs to hang today.

If you mean who I think your role is based on, you surely must have heard of Palin? Bachmann is a marginally competent version of Palin. Dropped out of the race two months ago or so.

Your votes are especially on flavor!)
No, my vote (singular) is on a liar. I policylynch liars. That's a good policy with which I feel completely comfortable.

Also, you're putting very heavy emphasis on the variance of beliefs. Where's the scumhunting there?
I'm looking for irregularities in people's flavourclaims. Given that flavour is correlated to alignment (as proven by Dariush), this is scumhunting. And going by the flavour-heavy paranormal from last month, an effective form of scumhunting.

(What is a Bagger?)
Bagger = Teabagger = Tea Party member/supporter.

Also, You [Bookie] haven't posted your own issue claims down! You hypocrite! Letting others claim issues while you hide behind flavor!
That statement is sufficiently at variance with the facts, insofar as they can be discerned (such as by looking at this recent submission, that it places upon the logic and semantic resources of the English language a heavier burden than they can reasonably be expected to bear.

In other words, that ain't so.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I didn't see it due to lack of bolding. Great. I'm an idiot.

But to clarify, you stated you had a one-shot investigate, then asked me if you told me about your power to investigate two people?
Urist McUselessNoble
Do you have proof that it is so? No.

Maybe I do, Mr. OMGUS. Maybe I do. I did inspect two chaps, remember?

But I want to hear from Bookthras, Mii, Toaster and NativeForeigner before I reveal who the second one is. Y'know, to keep people honest. Or at least looking over their shoulder.

You never stated that before. You trying to link me to yourself while voting me? This is what I meant.

Also, I did not OMGUS you. Pressure vote for...calling my words excrement of an equine. And following it up with horrendous grammar. What? How does that define pressure when it doesn't even make sense and misses out the claim!
Horseshit, Tiruin.

I can haz ur real claimz nao, plz? Kthxbai.
Then, you forget to answer me if you had proof. Referring it now as, a 'pressure vote'. Also a few pages back.

Sure, scum.

(And really, I don't specifically know those people [Palin and the others you alluded me to]. I had to Google them up. No offense to those people in question, or to those who support them.)

On Dariush: You aren't giving him a chance to speak. And I'm really unsure whether you are lying on your claim on him due to what I said above. He seems to be offline badly, though and not lurking.

Last Active:
    February 21, 2012, 02:51:45 pm

Time of his post:
« Reply #282 on: February 21, 2012, 08:20:48 am »

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But to clarify, you stated you had a one-shot investigate, then asked me if you told me about your power to investigate two people?
I could have sworn that I did, but looking back at the first post where I claimed the investigation one-shot, I see that I didn't make it explicit. It should, however, be obvious from the context of Bookthras' investigation role. And I did make it explicit in the post where I called out Dariush that it was a one-shot investigating two people in the same night.

Also, I did not OMGUS you. Pressure vote for...calling my words excrement of an equine. And following it up with horrendous grammar. What? How does that define pressure when it doesn't even make sense and misses out the claim!
How does it not make sense? I found your claims to be prima facie incredible, and voted you for making what I believed to be fakeclaims.

Yes, I did bluff about having an actual investigation result on you. Partly in order to pressure you, and partly because I didn't want to start revealing who I had and hadn't investigated before all the claims were in. For reasons we've been over a million times already.

I believe that there's a mafia term for taking a claim that you find incredible, voting the claimant and bluffing that you know more than you do about it. What was it, again? Umm, yes, something with 'um' - oh, yes, scumhunting.

Horseshit, Tiruin.

I can haz ur real claimz nao, plz? Kthxbai.
Then, you forget to answer me if you had proof. Referring it now as, a 'pressure vote'. Also a few pages back.
Which part of "I'm not telling you whether I spent my investigation on you before I have seen the rest of the claims" was it that you found difficult to understand?

I set up a clear condition under which I would make a full claim, laid out clear reasons for why I would not make a full claim until those conditions were met, and told you to sod off when you demanded that I make my claim before those conditions were met, without arguing that they were bad conditions.

And lo and behold, when the conditions were met, I made my full claim just like I promised. And I learned potentially valuable things in the process.

I fail to see how any of this is in any way scummy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok...

But one problem with your post. If you did lie on investigating me, you wouldn't have known my issue stance. But, you pressured me by that investigation? You'd be ending up with the actual truth then! That's how I knew it as 'No Pressure'.
How does it not make sense? I found your claims to be prima facie incredible, and voted you for making what I believed to be fakeclaims.

Yes, I did bluff about having an actual investigation result on you. Partly in order to pressure you, and partly because I didn't want to start revealing who I had and hadn't investigated before all the claims were in. For reasons we've been over a million times already.
So I get, due to forgetting to mention it (but subtly sneaking it in) you also made your 'investigate claim' on me pretty transparent. You didn't.

By not giving it any information and then backing out of it with a reason-for-pressure. So you find my Arch to be scummy because it is too unbelievable not to claim? Logical fallacy there. This is a bastard Mafia, if I may remind you. You on the other hand, are liberal in Social. How would I not know that you yourself turned it to Liberal just to benefit yourself today?

The Mod stated that issues give bonuses:
Quote from: On Page One
Issues! - Each player will also receive their stance on various issues - Social, Economic, and Religious. You may PM a night message requesting you attempt to sway public opinion one one of them in addition to any other night actions you make, which will change it by one point on the following scale:
Arch-Conservative -> Super-Conservative -> Conservative -> Moderate -> Liberal
The position of the various issues in regards to a nominees stance will determine who is chosen as the Last Man Standing, and may lock or unlock various player powers.
And now, it is on Social-Liberal. Now leading to my observation, on your claims.

Of course you fail to see how any of that is scummy, because you are scum yourself! This is why my vote remains on you! (And before you attack me on my double-vote, it was there before I voted you.)

Look at that. Toaster, our forerunner, turned Social to Conservative. Moderate > Conservative, I guess. So my next guess is that you and your buddy shifted it to Liberal, hence more power to you! If the blocklist provided by Toaster is correct, then you outright lied about it!

Request: Please stop using non-English phrases, even if it's meaning in context is repeated in the next sentence.

Mod: How is Dariush voting himself?! He never stated himself in it.

If that meant the greenvote, you didn't say that in the Mod-Post, as greenvoting does nothing 'by other players'.

Also, inactive for 23 hours Dariush?! Lurker Tracker does not lie.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

1. Dariush (4)<-  Bookthras, Toaster, UristMcUselessNoble, Dariush
Horseshit.

So, let me see if I get this right - we JUST HAPPEN to have two town rolecops who JUST HAPPENED both to investigate me first night while in a completely unrelated manner roleflips at death JUST HAPPEN not to... er, happen, so there's no way to actually check the claim. Well played, except that's bullshit.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was a typo, it has been removed. Dariush is not and never was voting himself. I apologise. Oh, also, votecount:

Vote count time!
Attack Ad Targets list! (Let me know if I missed one of your votes or unvotes!)
1. Dariush (5)<-  Bookthras, Toaster, UristMcUselessNoble, Bookthras, UristMcUselessNoble, Mii
2. Toaster (1) <- Public Scrutiny
3. Bookthras (2) <- Tiruin, Dariush
7. UristMcUselessNoble (3) <- Tiruin, Dariush, Tiruin
8. Mii <- Bookthras
9. Tiruin <-
10. NativeForeigner <- /color]

Leader of the Pack:
1. Dariush (2) <- Urist Imiknorris, Ottofar
2. Toaster  <-
3. Bookthras (1) <- IronyOwl
7. UristMcUselessNoble <-
8. Mii <-