Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A section of the cavern has collapsed!  (Read 5402 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: A section of the cavern has collapsed!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 09:53:45 am »

I like the way that the mayor's mandate ends right before he gets crushed, and at the moment of being crushed he's referred to as peasant, not mayor.  Apparently imminent death was enough to cause him to abdicate his position, fleeing the post moments before being struck by the cave-in.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 10:00:36 am »

I like the way that the mayor's mandate ends right before he gets crushed, and at the moment of being crushed he's referred to as peasant, not mayor.  Apparently imminent death was enough to cause him to abdicate his position, fleeing the post moments before being struck by the cave-in.

I think this may be the most sensible reaction of any dwarf, anywhere, ever. Even if his "Fuckit, i'm outta here" was a token effort.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 10:28:20 am »

I'd like to imagine the looks on the immigrants faces as they arrive inside you're semi-ruined fortress decorated in dust and dwarf blood.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 10:31:31 am »

I think this may be the most sensible reaction of any dwarf, anywhere, ever. Even if his "Fuckit, i'm outta here" was a token effort.

Maybe in his last moments, he wanted to die as an equal to his fellow Dwarf.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 10:33:11 am »

Maybe in his last moments, he wanted to die as an equal to his fellow Dwarf.

More likely Twisted Dwarf Logic(tm) made him assume a falling cieling would aim for the highest ranking office beneath the deal the most damage. This either means the Cieling wasn't fooled or he wasn't fast enough to escape the Cielings indiscriminate boner murder.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 12:19:47 pm »

Urist Schettino?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 02:36:50 pm »

I'd like to imagine the looks on the immigrants faces as they arrive inside you're semi-ruined fortress decorated in dust and dwarf blood.
'we have come to forge our new lives, and for the good of the mountainho-'
'oh'
'what?'
'there appears to be someone running at us covered in blood and dust, with craze in his eyes and a masterwork adamantine axe in his hand.'
'really? oh, hello! what happened he-'
*urist mcidiot has been struck down*

Pretty much.

And, at the very top, realgar!

Indeed I did.

"Athel Lolumamost, carpenter cancels drink: Dangerous Terrain"

Understatement, anyone?

This xinfinity
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 02:46:15 pm »

One of the best cave-ins ever. Of all time. Period.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 02:47:35 pm »

I build massive above-ground fortresses a lot (and use the above ground portions for non-food stockpiles) so I've had bigger, but I've never thought of taking screenshots.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 02:51:22 pm »

I build massive above-ground fortresses a lot (and use the above ground portions for non-food stockpiles) so I've had bigger, but I've never thought of taking screenshots.

Ok, I stand corrected.

Still holds the title of best cave in I've seen recorded. The best i got was a random section of volcano caving in and revealing Adamantine. 35 z levels underground. But this was just a spectacular cheap laugh. and as such I applaud you.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 06:26:26 pm »

This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

And I watched when Spiral Dementia pull out the cotton candy sword...
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

dorfdokamine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorf in the making
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 06:36:37 pm »

minor miscalculation

8)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 11:48:59 pm »

This is awesome and hilarious, I was expecting somebody complaining about water leaking into magma or a random accident, but this is amazing enough to make want to reproduce it in my fort. So many dead!
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 12:32:26 am »

You are in a small room, with a lever in front of you. You can see stairs to the east.
>pull lever
You pull the lever. You hear a rumbling.
>e
You glide the stairs.
You are in a stockpile, with barrels of booze all over. You hear a loud rumbling.
>drink booze
You drink some fine mead, made by Urist McFarmer on the year of 795. The rumbling increases.
>l
You are in a stockpile. To the west there are some stairways. On the eastern wall you can see some pyrite. On the west there are some cats. The rumbling increases.
>w
You are amidst some cats. A piece of rock falls on your head. You start bleeding profusely.
>renounce position as a mayor
So be it. You bleed. Your mandate expires without being fulfilled. You feel quite unhappy. You are a peasant now.
>l
You can't see with blood all over your face
>Wipe face
Another rock falls on top of your head. You die...
You are in a bright-red room with a mighty warrior in front of you.
>hug warrior
You hug the Avatar of Armok. You are safe...for now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 12:48:41 am by Urist McGyver »
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 12:40:22 am »

You are in a small room, with a lever in front of you. There you can see stairs to the east.
>pull lever
You pull the lever. You hear a rumbling.
>e
You glide the stairs.
You are in a stockpile, with barrels of booze all over. You hear a loud rumbling.
>drink booze
You drink some fine mead, made by Urist McFarmer on the year of 795. The rumbling increases.
>l
You are in a stockpile. To the west there are some stairways. On the eastern wall you can see some pyrite. On the west there are some cats. The rumbling increases.
>w
You are amidst some cats. A piece of rock falls on your head. You start bleeding profusely.
>renounce position as a mayor
So be it. You bleed. Your mandate expires without being fulfilled. You feel quite unhappy. You are a peasant now.
>l
You can't see with blood all over your face
>Wipe face
Another rock falls on top of your head. You die...
You are in a bright-red room with a mighty warrior in front of you.
>hug warrior
You hug the Avatar of Armok. You are safe...for now.

+10 dwarf points to you.

Pages: 1 [2] 3