Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101328 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2012, 04:57:35 pm »

Powder Miner: Why are you being so jumpy with your vote? Also, who else do you suspect?
Because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and am trying to get my bearings right now. I suspect... well really right now I only suspect Shakerag. I haven't been paying much attention.
Wrong, wrong, wrong! That is the easy answer. I award you zero (0) points for that. At least try to be a little proactive, and not automatically take the path of least resistance.

random bel-air stuff
Bel-air stuff?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2012, 05:04:41 pm »

Flandre:
Urist McA:  If, for example, six of thirteen claim miller, how would you go about discerning true claims from bogus ones?
You practically scream 'Hypothetical!' I may be a little lost here, but why is this question so specific? Not the numbers, but the topic matter, and the usefulness of the question in general, please.

He said:
Also, if too many of us get miller outside of a bastard game, it's a safe bet some/all of them are lying, and we can go from there.

I want to know how many is too many.  He hasn't answered it (or really done anything besides unvote without voting- noted above) so I'm still waiting for him to answer, which is starting to tick him up on the scumdar.

Good to hear, since that's exactly what you did.
The first thing that came to my mind when I read this was a cat looking to get scratched behind the ear. Adorable, sure, but this is Mafia! Were you trying to evoke a feel-good response? There must be a reason you went out of your way to make this statement.

Because it was a loaded question.  Had he answered it by suggesting an action other than the one he had already done, I'd have gone after him hard and fast. 

In any case, since there's finally some content out of you, it's time to Unvote Flandre.

Powder Miner:  Don't even try to tell me that after all that's been done today, all you can do is pig out at Shakerag's All You Can Drink Wine Bar?  It doesn't help that you admit that...

I haven't been paying much attention.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2012, 05:44:07 pm »

Zrk2:
I accidentally posted before reading the whole thread, then I reread it and saw that he's a two votes, so unvote, vote Shakerag.

I was getting a fairly townie read from you until I saw this post.  Since when should a townie care about how many votes are on his lynch target?  Hammer or no, if you want someone to hang, you should be voting for them.  Checking to see who/how many people are voting the target first is scummy self-serving bull.

Because I didn't want to end the day early by accident. Before that post I thought he was at a significant number of votes (4-6) and didn't want to accidentally put him over the top. If I had hammered the day would end early and we would get less discussion, which can only hurt the town.

Orangebottle: Suppose that there is a cult, as Shakerag suggests. At what point would you switch from trying to root out scum in general to specifically the cult?
At the point where-
Oh, who am I kidding. I haven't the first clue about fighting a cult. When there haven't been kills for two nights in a row, probably.
Think0028, OrangeBottle: your top three scummy picks, please, with reasons.
Shakerag. Do I really need to list a reason for him? There are so many. It's hard to pick just one.
Zrk2 for trying to force people to answer rolefishing questions.
Leafsnail's been focusing more on shakerag than on scumhunting.

PPE:
Shakerag: No. Just...
No.

Ah yes, trying to get people to answer questions, the height of scumminess. While I agree rolefishing is a bad idea on day one I think it's a terribly overblown issue on the forum.

Zrk2: Every time I see someone trying to 'play it casual' and encourage everyone to relax and not be srs bsns, it turns out to be me or one of my scumbuddies. There's also the mention that you were seeking to avoid a hammer, which definitely doesn't seem like a townie thing to do considering how you were talking about your previous vote on Leafsnail as a vote to lynch with AND how you were talking about wanting to lynch Shakerag. Why move from someone you're willing to lynch to what can only be a pressure vote if you didn't really want to lynch him?

The meta-argument is a total null-tell because "I do this so everyone else must too" is the worst logic I've seen since that one time I read (insert book you hate here). In regards to the vote change I wanted to lynch Leafsnail, but I think he may (Not IS, MAY, it's an important difference) by town whereas whatever Shakerag is he certainly isn't useful, and is an almost guaranteed non-townie.

Quote from: Falndre
Because in your heart, you want to bus him, but you cannot bring yourself to it. The idea is there, and that is all that counts, right?

I would like to lynch him, but I hit post before I finished reading the goddamn thread, look at the fucking timestamp. My next post was within ~15 mins IIRC and I did vote for him in that one. This was me pushing the wrong button and is hardly the issue you guys are makign it out to be. That may sound dedensive but it's the truth.

Votecount, please.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2012, 06:15:44 pm »

Nervous, Zrk2?  There's a lot of typos and cursing there for someone who's feeling okay about life... three typos.  I almost never see typos from you.

Hang.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2012, 06:17:55 pm »

...This is a traumatizing wall of text.

Which you just quoted in entirety.  Nice one.  Also, if you're going to say that you're not paying much attention (which is really not an advisable thing to do period) don't contradict yourself in your very next post by proving you just read through a motherfucking huge wall of text. 

Flandre:  Marry me.

whatever Shakerag is he certainly isn't useful, and is an almost guaranteed non-townie.

Wouldn't you just die laughing if you found out I was a town-aligned Pinata role and I've been trying to get you guys to kill me this entire time so as to give the townies extra abilities?

This was me pushing the wrong button and is hardly the issue you guys are makign it out to be. That may sound dedensive but it's the truth.

People misspell words when nervous.  Scum are nervous.  Ergo, Zrk2 must be scum. 

PPE:  Vector, dude, I thought we agreed I was going to be the one to call out Zrk2.  Mannnn.  :(

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2012, 06:32:36 pm »

PPE:  Vector, dude, I thought we agreed I was going to be the one to call out Zrk2.  Mannnn.  :(

Heheh. While the "Leafsnail on a cab to live with his auntie" thing was mildly amusing, that thing right there you just did? It made me chuckle.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2012, 06:41:01 pm »

Nervous, Zrk2?  There's a lot of typos and cursing there for someone who's feeling okay about life... three typos.  I almost never see typos from you.

Hang.

Eh, more like a little pissed off. But it's nice to know my attempts at proper grammering are appreciated, even if they do get me killed.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2012, 06:54:26 pm »

Zrk2 for trying to force people to answer rolefishing questions.
This does seem a little rushed, though. Is there more to it, or can you elaborate, please?
That's all there is to it. I was rushed for time this morning. While I hate it when people don't answer my questions, rolefishing is scummy and I can understand why any person wouldn't answer a rolefishing question.

Ah yes, trying to get people to answer questions, the height of scumminess. While I agree rolefishing is a bad idea on day one I think it's a terribly overblown issue on the forum.
If you think rolefishing is a bad idea on day one, why would you try to pressure someone into answering a rolefishing question?

Making things up isn't going to get me to go away, Zrk2.

In regards to the vote change I wanted to lynch Leafsnail, but I think he may (Not IS, MAY, it's an important difference) by town whereas whatever Shakerag is he certainly isn't useful, and is an almost guaranteed non-townie.
Nice preemptive defense. By acknowledging the difference between 'may' and 'is', you have nullified it's effect.

Do tell us: why do you think Leafsnail MAY be town?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2012, 07:08:35 pm »

Vector:

The meta-argument is a total null-tell because "I do this so everyone else must too" is the worst logic I've seen since that one time I read (insert book you hate here). In regards to the vote change I wanted to lynch Leafsnail, but I think he may (Not IS, MAY, it's an important difference) by town whereas whatever Shakerag is he certainly isn't useful, and is an almost guaranteed non-townie.
...(Not IS, MAY, it's an important difference)...
...MAY...

Because if it's a rigged mod-post, you're the only one here who I think would say "may" rather than "cannot" or "can't."
Vector may no longer vote Shakerag!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2012, 07:09:44 pm »

EDIT: It is a long shot, but I'll just add that neatly in with the other things.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2012, 07:16:56 pm »

The context is totally different, though... if I were working off of that, all of us would be possible.

Far-fetched.  I'm still going with you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2012, 07:22:29 pm »

The context is totally different, though... if I were working off of that, all of us would be possible.

Far-fetched.  I'm still going with you.
It sort of popped out, because...well, you know. It was emphasized. I found it amusing.

Shakerag:
Wait, what?
Flandre:  Marry me.
I don't, clown.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2012, 07:51:32 pm »

Do tell us: why do you think Leafsnail MAY be town?

Because he has made some useful posts. I meant it as a possibility. As in: the odds of him being town are higher than the odds for shakerag. That said, they still aren't high enough. I rate him in at a FoS level.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2012, 08:22:05 pm »

Have already started. And seeing that Shakerag only has one vote, he's in no danger of being insta-hammered by a nice pressure vote.
My god this passivity.  It's awful.  Why should he feel pressured by your vote if you'll remove it the second you think he might get lynched?

Leafsnail, Vector and Toaster, the inverse, please: your reads on Flandre and the Urists.
Flandre is probably town.  Urist I is reasonably town looking.  Urist_A has been lurking like a motherfucker so I have no idea.

I agree to the first point, but you asking someone to kill him is the lesser alternative to just voting for him, and convincing everyone else of his scummy ways (which were obvious). If he doesn't get lynched today, someone will likely consider killing him on his/her own, without your consideration. Asking for his death just brings unnecessary attention to yourself, I think. Not a scumtell, surely, but just a transparent pro-town remark. I hate to admit it, but Shakerag's friend was right about that, minus the rudeness!

You then went on to redact the vote (which I did as well) and advised everyone to do likewise.
If that made me a little nervous, then that last solid post set me a little at ease. You are town, but not very town. If that makes sense.
I never voted Shakerag (and therefore never redacted the vote) because I think that lynching him could end the game with his victory.  Therefore instead I just told anyone who wants to kill him to kill him.  I'm not sure why you're saying this is a townie sounding remark, since it isn't - mafia and rival third parties alike would want a jester murdered in the night.  I merely suggested it in case any killers out there didn't have the idea - since we don't usually have Jesters that end the game on being lynched, other people might not have thought of it.

After rereading the thread, I'm getting scum vibes from Leafsnail - he hasn't bothered to remove his randomvote and pretty much stopped scumhunting when Shakerag went insane. Leafsnail: Who do you suspect, for what reasons, and why aren't you voting them?
It wasn't a random vote.  I voted Dariush for doing something scummy and he's done nothing to make me think otherwise since then.  Although now that you mention it I realise that I haven't been doing anything to ensure his death since noone else has noticed his lurky ass (and indeed he kindof left my memory due to the goddamn lurking).  This guy needs to die.

Everyone: Please direct your attention to Dariush.  Think back to games you've had with Dariush.  Do the words "quiet" and "forgettable" tend to apply to him as town?  Does he tend to massively lurk without any real content?  Does he tend to not get into arguments and not be a general douchebag?

Note that Dariush has posted in plenty of other places today but not here.  In other words, he's lurking, making a couple of posts every now and again that he thinks won't annoy anyone or attract any attention.  This runs ridiculously counter to Dariush's town meta, and is also inherently scummy.  He clearly thinks that as long as he doesn't attract attention by being an asshole people won't want to lynch him.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2012, 08:26:05 pm »

Zrk2:
I would like to lynch him, but I hit post before I finished reading the goddamn thread, look at the fucking timestamp. My next post was within ~15 mins IIRC and I did vote for him in that one. This was me pushing the wrong button and is hardly the issue you guys are makign it out to be. That may sound dedensive but it's the truth.
I did. It was after an hour and no you didn't. You didn't vote until three hours after the second post when I called you on your failure to vote him.

Powder Miner: You are being scummy and useless. If Zrk2 wasn't so blatant about his lying I'd be voting you.

Urist_McArathos: Why are you not voting? Why are you active lurking and not contributing?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34