Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101273 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2012, 06:33:14 pm »

Things look okay thus far, but I'd like to see a lot more activity from Think and Arathos.  Think, in particular, has a persistent meta of lurking as scum.  Otherwise, activity's been pretty good, so... eh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2012, 07:08:11 pm »

Jesus rollerblading Christ, I'm gone for one day for work and I miss six PAGES of content?

This is going to take a minute, hang on.

Unvote for now.  I don't buy Shakerag's trolling excuse, but I'm not about to lynch a jester either.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2012, 07:51:48 pm »

Zrk2:
In regards to shakerag I'd say we lynch him today because even if he isn't scum he sure as hell isn't productive. I'd vote him, but I'm not sure what the vote count is and I don't want to accidentally hammer him.
You want to lynch Shakerag but you don't vote him because you're afraid of hammering him. This was four hours and two posts after the votecount that showed him at two votes. You're obviously lying, so why do you really not want to vote Shakerag? Also the prevalence of roles in a BYOR does not magically make rolefishing pro-town and you know it.

As I mentioned here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I accidentally posted before reading the whole thread, then I reread it and saw that he's a two votes, so unvote, vote Shakerag.

Oh, and Zrk2.  This is ridiculous.

Gonna go find that LurkerTracker...

Care to support your vote?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2012, 07:57:09 pm »

I'm voting you because you've been giving me enormous amounts of crap about my refusal to be role-fished.  It's scummy, and frankly, it's the straight-up scummiest thing I've seen anyone do so far this game.

Actually... hey, Flandre, are you responsible for that message that's been showing up in Wubba's votecounts?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2012, 08:09:24 pm »

Unvote.
As I mentioned here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I accidentally posted before reading the whole thread, then I reread it and saw that he's a two votes, so unvote, vote Shakerag.

You accidentally posted before rereading the thread, then reread it and saw that he had two votes, then made a post acknowledging that, but still didn't vote Shakerag until I called you on it? You are a really bad liar, you know that Zrk2?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2012, 08:22:58 pm »

Powder Miner:
Powder:
Wait, hammer?
I thought BYORs didn't have a hammer.
I'll Unvote then.
I wouldn't hammer him now. I was trying to get in the game after not posting since the beginning.

Since you've completely defanged the one attack you've made all game, what are you going to do next?

Boy, I'm talking to you.

Zrk2:

I was getting a fairly townie read from you until I saw this post.  Since when should a townie care about how many votes are on his lynch target?  Hammer or no, if you want someone to hang, you should be voting for them.  Checking to see who/how many people are voting the target first is scummy self-serving bull.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2012, 08:29:36 pm »

Actually... hey, Flandre, are you responsible for that message that's been showing up in Wubba's votecounts?
No. Why do you ask me specifically?
Account hi-jack or not, I think that Shakerag (or his friend) is the one responsible for that fake policy change. There is no guarantee that the ability responsible for this is attached to one of the scum, so it matters less and less for the purposes of scumhunting the more I consider it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2012, 08:32:26 pm »

Because if it's a rigged mod-post, you're the only one here who I think would say "may" rather than "cannot" or "can't."

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2012, 08:52:47 pm »

Because if it's a rigged mod-post, you're the only one here who I think would say "may" rather than "cannot" or "can't."
While this is a clever meta-argument, I can confidently say I had nothing to do with that post. 

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2012, 09:39:55 pm »

Powder Miner:
Powder:
Wait, hammer?
I thought BYORs didn't have a hammer.
I'll Unvote then.
I wouldn't hammer him now. I was trying to get in the game after not posting since the beginning.

Since you've completely defanged the one attack you've made all game, what are you going to do next?

Boy, I'm talking to you.

Ah! Missed that. I'll make more attacks then, I'm not going to give up the game or anything.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2012, 09:41:44 pm »

Now'd be a great time to start.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2012, 09:45:10 pm »

Bookthras: I don't like Jester-fakeornot-WIFOM, and so I decided just not to bother with it and to vote him.
[...]
Ah! Missed that. I'll make more attacks then, I'm not going to give up the game or anything.
...and then you decided not to vote him, jumping off the bandwagon as soon as challenged; so have you now decided to bother or not bother? Who and when will you attack? Have you decided about anything else? You also left my RVS question unanswered, and my request for your upcoming vote. So, are you playing this game? Paying any attention? Or are you just content with lurking in the shadows and avoiding the spotlight? That's what scum do, you know?

It seems to me this "oh, what I'm doing seems scummy! I'll do something else!" thing of yours has now three strikes. I think you are scum, and panicking. My vote stays on you.

On other things, I think Shakerag is obv-jester, and don't buy the "my evil twin" story for a second, Zrk2's shenanigans are scummy, and there are too many lurkers (and yes, if you just pop in just to post "I need to reread" or "off to class", you are still lurking).

Think0028, OrangeBottle: your top three scummy picks, please, with reasons.

Flandre, Urist I, Urist M: what's your read on Leafsnail, Vector and Toaster?

Leafsnail, Vector and Toaster, the inverse, please: your reads on Flandre and the Urists.

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2012, 09:48:07 pm »

Shakerag:
Quote from: Shakerag
Can we talk about how scummy Leafsnail has been acting now?  Because he doesn't have an excuse.
Attention-deflecting 101 right here.
Have already started. And seeing that Shakerag only has one vote, he's in no danger of being insta-hammered by a nice pressure vote.

I can't really think of what else to attack anyone on though, that hasn't already been covered.

PPE:
Bookthras, I'm afraid I missed your RVS. Do you mind reposting it for me? If you were asking me to vote someone though, no. I will not be forced into someone's bandwagon just because you told me to. If you told me to vote, I'll do so when I get some better reads.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2012, 09:58:40 pm »

Bookthras, I'm afraid I missed your RVS. Do you mind reposting it for me?
No. The point is that you are lurking and (purposely?) not paying attention/avoiding questions.

If you were asking me to vote someone though, no. I will not be forced into someone's bandwagon just because you told me to.
And yet, that's exactly what you did: jumped on the very same wagon you jumped off before.

And seeing that Shakerag only has one vote, he's in no danger of being insta-hammered by a nice pressure vote.
How exactly is that a "pressure" vote, if you are telling him "I'll vote you, but don't want to lynch you"? And what pressure are you exerting? You didn't even ask him a question!

So, now that you placed your vote on the same spot, I will ask you again: would you hammer him if you could? If so, why? If not, then why vote him? What is it you are trying to accomplish, other than "not look scummy"?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2012, 10:03:58 pm »

Oh god, I'm sorry but I accidentally edited my post, thinking I was posting a new one.
I just added the content of the post I thought I was making but argh
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34