Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101369 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2012, 02:04:53 am »

For the record, I am done being such a smart-Alec now that the RVS is about over. I couldn't see myself doing that full-time anyways.

Yknow, the more I look at it, the less Flandre's first post bothers me.
She(?)'s not that new.
unvote.

Also, I'm not going to hand an easy win to a Jester that tries really hard to get lynched day one, and without doing something awesome. AKA Shakerag. That's just poor form, man.

Time for a reread!
Firstly, I am female, so you are spot on. How do you suggest we handle Shakerag, if not lynch him? Do you hope someone inspects him, and claims both his role and the inspect result sometime in the future?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2012, 02:26:03 am »

PFP:I'm hoping for someone to stab him in the night. He's too jestery to leave alive. Not only does he disrupt scumhunting with large, pointless posts, he also makes rereading the game that much more difficult.

Time for sleep. And then a reread.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2012, 03:14:17 am »

Unvote.  I'm worried that that "may not" is going to result in a modkill.

I, too, have to reread.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2012, 03:22:16 am »

Holy shit what the fuck happened. I leave the forum for one weekend and suddenly BYOR explodes.

Toaster: I like my roles a solid 6-7. For equivalence, this is a cult leader with some sort of one-shot, or a vigilante with some auto-ability of significant note, or basically anything that is currently in my BSER.

Shakerag: ... Um... Do you need help? I'm torn between voting you to clear the thread and not voting you in case Web put in a game-ending jester.

Vector:
Spoiler: Off-topic (click to show/hide)

Orangebottle: Suppose that there is a cult, as Shakerag suggests. At what point would you switch from trying to root out scum in general to specifically the cult?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2012, 03:31:32 am »

Shakerag is not getting lynched today. Unvote.

I third that motion for a reread, also. In the meantime, Powder Miner. Lurking is bad. I can't let you do that.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2012, 07:59:09 am »

Sure there is. Why didn't you see any?
Because there were 23 posts between mine and mod's day start, not one of which strayed outside RVS.

I WANT TO APPEAR TOWN SO BADLY IT HURTS

Fixed that for you again. 
Actually, as much as I'd hate to agree with that poor man's jester, I can't not do that now.
If there are any vigilantes or serial killers who want to pretend to be vigilantes out there please feel free to kill him.
This statement in particular stinks of 'Hey look I'm rallying against whatever Shakerag is, I'm so town!'. So yeah, Leafsnail.

Zrk2, why are you answering questions directed to me and which I already answered?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2012, 09:31:22 am »

Powder:
EBWODP: Oh the magic of my mouse clicking when I don't want it to.
Post didn't really need more anyway I guess.

Yes it did.

Wait, hammer?
I thought BYORs didn't have a hammer.
I'll Unvote then.
I wouldn't hammer him now. I was trying to get in the game after not posting since the beginning.

Since you've completely defanged the one attack you've made all game, what are you going to do next?

Think:  Did you really feel compelled to RVS as your first post, even with all the content that's come before, or do you just want to spread Shake's wine around?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2012, 09:35:31 am »

Ugh, I so dislike coach trips. I am stuck on a phone, too, which is a minus.

Vector: did you find anything worthwhile with Think's lurker tracker?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2012, 10:18:24 am »

And while I am on the topic of Think0028:

Orangebottle: Suppose that there is a cult, as Shakerag suggests. At what point would you switch from trying to root out scum in general to specifically the cult?
Is there a reason you are entertaining Shakerag's cult speculation? Do you have a reason to actually believe there might be one, or is the question just theoretical?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2012, 10:28:29 am »

Holy.  Shit. 

What the hell happened here?

Okay, that's the last time friends and/or family are allowed on my computer.  I did *not* post any of that garbage.

Jesus.  Let me read through this thread and see what's going on here. 

Umm ... skimming through ... okay, I'll post more detail later, but for now:  I'm not a jester, I'm not in a cult, and I have no idea what the hell is going on with Vector's vote. 

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2012, 10:42:38 am »

The great thing about that, Shake, is that there is no way we could know for sure. I would like to point out that it is very suspicious that you have essentially not posted since the game started, and was completely unaware of this. A perfect, fix-all excuse.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2012, 10:50:42 am »

The great thing about that, Shake, is that there is no way we could know for sure. I would like to point out that it is very suspicious that you have essentially not posted since the game started, and was completely unaware of this. A perfect, fix-all excuse.

Yeah, well, I was kind of out sick most of yesterday and I wasn't aware that the game had started.  Once I'm back to full health there are people close to me that may need acts of violence to happen to them. 

Sorry for the disruption everyone -_-;;

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2012, 10:51:33 am »

Put your waders on, boys!  There's a whole flood of bullshit coming down the pipe!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2012, 10:57:08 am »

I don't want to lynch him today, Toaster. A part of me wants to believe him, but I don't think risking a mislynch is a good idea. Someone needs to inspect him, though, most definitely.

On the other hand, now it seems much more likely that Shakerag has some level of influence over the mod posts, and it is giving me bad vibes.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2012, 10:59:30 am »

I don't think I want to lynch him. I am not sure of anything anymore...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34