Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eyes do you have?

<10<
<15<
<100<

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Stupid thread : Microwaves are cool  (Read 40983 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: The really, REALLY stupid thread : Electricity + Crotch + Water
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2012, 08:25:17 pm »

Old thing I just so happened to find.

It was brought to my mind after yahoo posted an article saying how vitamin D "may improve eye sight and skin health."

Are their articles really written by children? :C
HA! And the US is the only country getting the flak for being stupid?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2012, 09:31:38 pm »

It should be noted that the stupidity is in the article, not the event the article is reporting on. We had this argument a while ago, but there's a difference between technical terminology that these bodies have to make rulings based on, and common usage. Context is vital, and this was mostly latched onto as a great thing to pull out of context and use as an example of why the European Union is a bad idea (which does nothing but convince me of the opposite, if this is the best opposition that can be found). At least, that's what I recall from the last time we brought it up.

Also, is it really on-topic? It's a rather sharp divergence from the discussions of stupid things Bay12 users have done to themselves.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2012, 10:23:34 pm »

Yeah, I'm surprised people keep bringing that one up when it was discussed in two long threads already.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2012, 10:30:02 pm »

This was in Gym class before winter break, and I had managed to get ahold of a jawbreaker. Whoever gave me that was an idiot. I was listening to Coach ramble about something and tried to swallow it. It got stuck for like 4 minutes and I just sat there trying to cough it up to avoid embarrassment. I did, so I didn't have to get Heimleched, thank god.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2012, 01:42:32 pm »

Also, is it really on-topic? It's a rather sharp divergence from the discussions of stupid things Bay12 users have done to themselves.

Basically, this thread is about the stupid things in life that you or others have done. And when I mean stupid, I mean stupid that borders on "if it doesn't kill you..." and "if I can do it, I should."

Also, if it's about someone else, make sure you have their permission. We don't want hurt feelings here. Just stupidity >:|

All types of stupid can be given homes here ;3

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2012, 07:32:39 pm »

Well I once (forcefully) headbutted what amounts to a wall of wood. Probably only a couple of centimeters of fixated plywood, but it was still pretty hard. But WHY? For lulz. I was entirely unharmed other than a sore forehead, so I must be very thickheaded indeed. :P

That fact is further cemented by these occurrences:
- touching the hot end of a soldering iron, scoring me a 2nd degree burn on my fingertip
- not watching where I was stepping while going down a mountain road, resulting in me understepping the rock I was aiming for, which in turn had me fall arms first into a thorned bush (i had thorns stuck in me the following morning)
- kept my fingers on an electric fence because I didn't get shocked instantly (ow)
- stomped around on some electric wires that were supposed to keep ELEPHANTS out (i was extremely lucky to be wearing insulating sandals that day, else I could actually have died by stupidity/electrocution, but the sandals ensured that I didn't even know they were electric till I got off again)
- placed a heavy dumbbell back on the same table that it just rolled off from (missed my toes by a hair), so naturally it rolled off again (struck my big toe squarely, giving me a new toenail and a prolonged limp)
- was obsessed with finding amber, and heard that you could leave marks in amber with your teeth, so naturally I go around biting orange-ish rocks (read: Chert, aka harder-than-fucking-glass rock) until a tiny bit of my upper right front tooth chips off
- managed to chip a piece off my lower right canine tooth with my upper right canine tooth (i don't even know how)

So yeah that's me. The only visible effect of all this stupidity (other than my teef) is a slightly tilted big toe nail. I'm frankly amazed that my manly thornbush tackle didn't scar the shit out of my forearms, because scratches EVERYWHERE.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2012, 08:32:07 pm »

Come home from college one night and was exausted and really could not be arsed to cook A proper meal, so I get a jacket potato wrap it in tin foil and put in the microwave..... I nearly shit my self :P

Was following a YouTube vid on how to make a flaming ball of cloth which  cannot be easily extinguished, while the vid was only for small ball I took a small towel sewed in into a ball soaked it in lighter fluid then me and mates played baseball with it... Not the smartest thing I have ever done
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2012, 09:02:58 pm »

In the yard, on a tree which practically borders our properties, we had this tall tree, see?

and Mikey wanted me to jump off it.

The ground is quite deceiving, and for the biggest jump you have to go for the low spot. being on an oddly shaped hillside, that 'looked', fairly small.

Jumping off that tree from the highest point, I locked my legs.

Ass met feet. Arm (eventually) met ground.

After I tipped over, perma crouched, with my legs in incredible pain.

No broken bones.

My legs weren't the same for over a month.

But I walked away after like two hours of immense pain.

After Dragging myself halfway to the deck.

Also, that traitor Mikey left me for dead D :
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:07:52 pm by eerr »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2012, 09:51:08 pm »

I like to flip knives around in my hands. I've dropped them multiple times, but somehow they never hit me. Not as good as some other people's though.  :-[

Oh, and my dad once played Frogger. In the middle of a busy street. For real. A miracle he didn't get hurt. Apparently he was either drunk or high (or both) at the time.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2012, 01:04:48 am »

Shook reminded me of my own soldering-iron mishap. Dropped it between my legs and almost removed myself from the gene-pool. Left a neat circular hole in my trousers and underwear.

Stupidest was probably when I was two. I had just learned about the milk man (do they even still have those?), and had taken to getting out of bed when I heard the milk float (about 7am) to run downstairs and get the milk. One day there was no milk float. I didn't know that there was no milk on a Sunday, so I went to look for the milk man. In my pajamas and my mum's high-heels. Fortunately I was stopped at the end of the street by some neighbours who had looked outside to see what sounded like horses going past.

I also did the see-saw thing mentioned earlier, but deliberately, and it wasn't a see-saw, just a piece of pipe and a long plank. I wanted to see how high I could launch myself so I had a friend jump on one end while I stood on the other. I didn't move. So I had his much older brother try it. I don't know how high I actually went, but I think I did a backflip before I hit the ground. I did not land gracefully.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2012, 06:49:22 am »

Running down a slope in Warragul when I was ten, and leaping as high as possible so I could pretend to fly. That didn't end too badly.

Using a soldering iron with glasses on (supplied by the school) and having a tiny orb of molten solder fly into my eye despite the glasses.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2012, 07:57:57 am »

Running down a slope in Warragul when I was ten, and leaping as high as possible so I could pretend to fly. That didn't end too badly.

Using a soldering iron with glasses on (supplied by the school) and having a tiny orb of molten solder fly into my eye despite the glasses.
MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2012, 08:04:43 am »

My friend had just gotten a wading pool for christmas, and being 7 year old boys, we were entertaining ourselves by jumping in and out of it. Then we got the bright idea to do bombies into it. From the roof of the nearby garage...

To this day, I'm still amazed I can walk.

Oh, and in an unrelated event, I once headbutted my mum's car's windshield hard enough to put a big crack through the whole thing.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2012, 12:17:28 pm »

A couple of months ago I was at the local lake with my friends, drinking beer and stuff. We were sitting on a bench, and one of my friends was playing with his butterfly knife by jamming it into the bench under him. After a while he missed and instead of sticking the knife into the bench he hit his junk.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2012, 01:53:09 pm »

My friends and I decided to go play baseball when I was a teenager. I decided to prank one of my friends, because he was seeing my sister at the time. I decided to make an underpowered tennis ball bomb, spray paint it white, and pitch it to said friend.

Oh, did I mention that he was 6'6" and 400+ lbs? The streak of flames it left when it flew right back past my head at absurd speeds was pretty. I didn't even have time to react.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27