Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eyes do you have?

<10<
<15<
<100<

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Stupid thread : Microwaves are cool  (Read 40950 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The really, REALLY stupid thread : Electricity + Crotch + Water
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2012, 06:33:57 pm »

I accidently electrocuted my crotch with a partially broken cable. I always make sure I dry my hands before itching myself ANYWHERE when holding something electric, now.
Alright, he wins, i give up.
Glorious OP quote awaits this.

But seriously, this is amazing :P

Yes, this needs to be the tagline for this thread.

Duly noted :P
I think the winning stupids shall be the taglines.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2012, 03:41:59 pm »

When I was a kid, running between the swings while people were swinging was a grand idea.
So, by the end of fifth grade(Our elementary school's top grade), I was hit by a swing at least 10 times. Nothing serious, though. I kinda laughed it off as I limped from the "crime scenes".
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2012, 04:33:02 pm »

I've thus far been extremely lucky, setting many things on fire and shocking myself many times. The worst that's ever happened to me was when I burned all the hair off my arm using an aerosol air freshener can, a soda bottle, and a 25 cent lighter. For added stupidity, this was about half an hour after I set the sink on fire.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2012, 04:52:13 pm »

I accidently electrocuted my crotch with a partially broken cable. I always make sure I dry my hands before itching myself ANYWHERE when holding something electric, now.
Alright, he wins, i give up.
Glorious OP quote awaits this.

But seriously, this is amazing :P

Yes, this needs to be the tagline for this thread.

Duly noted :P
I think the winning stupids shall be the taglines.
Wow. Just wow.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
Re: The really, REALLY stupid thread : "Why does electricity, REALLY hate me?"
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2012, 04:54:16 pm »

When I was like 3, I saw my dad shaving and I was like "wow that's so rad" and tried it out. I ended up flaying most of the skin off the front of my chin, leaving it bright red in many of my old photos. Skin's still a bit rough around there to this day.

I did that too, except I shaved my lips? I apparently walked to my Mom who was in the other room, and said "boo boo lips, Mommy" as blood was gushing from my lips. My Mom freaked out.

When I was 23, took a shortcut with some friends to their house, over a hill, at 10pm. pitch black out, eyes of coyotes reflecting against my small keychain flashlight. Then I walk into a drainage ditch that was made from black asphalt, making it invisible. Fell in, broke my ankle. last semester of college I was on crutches most of the time. :/
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2012, 04:58:14 pm »

A couple years ago, me, my cousin, and my brother decided to go rollerblading in the dark (despite having broken my ankle hitting a manhole the last time I did this).

Skating around a bit, we decided we were bored, and a proper test of our skills would be to play catch with a baseball while skating around in circles. In the dark.

Ten minutes later, I was lying on the ground and one eyebrow was swelling up like a balloon. You literally would not believe how swollen it got. The egg was huge, and everyone called my Quasimodo for a week. It took an entire day for the swelling to subside.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2012, 05:02:28 pm »

Riding down a hill on my bike.
Car pulls out.
Brakes fail.
Kersplat.

(This hill looks a lot steeper in real life. :/ I guess the google truck was pointing downwards so it doesn't look as steep)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2012, 05:16:36 pm »

Ah, spinning around in circles at the age of 8. Nothing wrong right? Yup. Until my sister pushes me over and my head hits the side of a wall. Blood everywhere. Kudos to my sister for dragging me inside though, real help.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2012, 06:50:00 pm »

Mid-adolescence, Jackson Hole, WY, stupidity. The small town of Jackson Hole, WY, despite sounding like the most podunk, backwater town in existence, is actually a pretty cool place. There's a small creek that runs through the town from a larger river up north, and it's somewhat of a local attraction. You see, there's a local business in Jackson Hole that rents out over-priced tubes. People use the tubes to ride down the creek, which has a pretty strong current.

My family was passing through the town for whatever reason, and my cousin and I were out exploring the place. We eventually came across the tube shop, but unfortunately didn't have any money to rent out tubes. About then, my cousin had a brilliant idea:

"Hey, we don't need tubes! We can just swim down the creek! It'll be like a water park!"

(Un)fortunately we had brought swim trunks along, so we changed into those and hopped into the creek. It only took about five seconds to immediately regret our decision. What followed was about 5-7 minutes of being pulled down the creek, the current dragging our bodies over sharp rocks on the riverbed. Our time was spent yelling in pain, laughing at the sheer stupidity of the situation, and saying things along the lines of "I HATE YOU OH GOD THE ROCKS STING WHY DID I AGREE TO THIS?!?". The current was too strong and the slopes of the creek to steep to get out, so we got a painful tour of the whole town before we finally got near the dropoff point for the tubes and crawled pitifully out onto shore.

Just like a goddamn water park.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2012, 12:46:09 am »

Oh, I just remembered. So my second semester of college. It's the week before finals, which means all my lab classes are having their final exams (for scheduling reasons). Unfortunately, I had just installed Galactic Civilizations 2. I realize I'm late to the exam, so I take off running. I come to a flight of stairs outside my dorm, and I figure "I got this" and just jump down the whole thing. Unfortunately, I do not think things through properly, and lock my knees before landing. This is not actually the stupidest part.

I was an hour and 45 minutes late. To a 2 hour exam. At my highest speed, had I not broken my leg, I'd have got there with 5 minutes to do the exam. The next day, I get an email from the TAs, and they ask where I was and when I could make up(!) the exam. Broken bone, 300 bucks in hospital bills thanks to the surgery (for a college student, that is a lot of goddamn money), multiple rescheduled final exams (again due to surgery during finals week), and a D in Organic Chemistry because I couldn't reschedule that final at all. All for nothing, because I could've just bullshitted my way out of the consequences.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2012, 01:44:07 am »

GalCiv 2? I want that game.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2012, 04:39:55 am »

You've read both of the blogs on it right?

EDIT: Thanks, I'm not sure how that series of errors happened. Corrected the post.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:17:20 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2012, 06:08:56 am »

Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2012, 11:18:06 am »

You've read both of the blogs on it right?

EDIT: Thanks, I'm not sure how that series of errors happened. Corrected the post.
That was as dwarfy as any DF story I've ever read, maybe even more. The only thing holding it back was the lack of overt magma.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2012, 03:30:55 pm »

Old thing I just so happened to find.

It was brought to my mind after yahoo posted an article saying how vitamin D "may improve eye sight and skin health."

Are their articles really written by children? :C
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27