Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64062 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #705 on: February 25, 2012, 09:46:16 am »

Eh, it's my failure to communicate.

Have you tried playing with the prototype, by the way? Anything that seems wrong or unentertaining about it?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 27, 2012, 04:08:31 pm »

48 hours with no posts? Neglect to vote and you might get disappointed.

So, I'm beginning to design the final product, with the next DF version likely going to be every bit as stable as it needs to be.

Questions: How many randomly generated night creatures and effects will we want? I prefer to remove bogeymen simply because they tend to detract from the game significantly, but that might not be popular. I also wonder how far we should go with werebeast and vampire curses. Doubling them seems a good plan. What about the rest?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 27, 2012, 04:12:09 pm »

48 hours with no posts? Neglect to vote and you might get disappointed.

So, I'm beginning to design the final product, with the next DF version likely going to be every bit as stable as it needs to be.

Questions: How many randomly generated night creatures and effects will we want? I prefer to remove bogeymen simply because they tend to detract from the game significantly, but that might not be popular. I also wonder how far we should go with werebeast and vampire curses. Doubling them seems a good plan. What about the rest?
If you remove the night creatures to get rid of Bogeymen, perhaps you could compensate by increasing the number of Megabeasts, Titans, FBs, and Demon types.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 27, 2012, 04:31:54 pm »

Actually they're calculated separately now so removing bogeymen will have no effect on the populations of other forms of nightcreature. Praise Toady! :D

The succession world files also seem to be free of a serious error I've been having with my other, personal, copy of DF, so I can generate worlds for as long as I wish, ignoring it trying to exceed it's RAM load. I could download the fix for that as well, though, and try to generate a particularly long-lived world while I'm in class.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:34:36 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 27, 2012, 06:28:45 pm »

Actually they're calculated separately now so removing bogeymen will have no effect on the populations of other forms of nightcreature. Praise Toady! :D

The succession world files also seem to be free of a serious error I've been having with my other, personal, copy of DF, so I can generate worlds for as long as I wish, ignoring it trying to exceed it's RAM load. I could download the fix for that as well, though, and try to generate a particularly long-lived world while I'm in class.

I'd love to see a vampire covered in several thousand pages of trophy jewelry.

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 27, 2012, 07:12:33 pm »

Add me to the list!

You should update the list! , making people verrify they are still watching this, and then update it (same order, just scrapping a few names)
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 27, 2012, 07:13:57 pm »

I'd want on the list, too.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 27, 2012, 08:07:47 pm »

Keep the bogeymen, they're supposed to be part of adventure mode.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 27, 2012, 08:22:39 pm »

Keep the bogeymen, they're supposed to be part of adventure mode.

But will they appear in our forts if the adventurer walks around in them for a while? if we turn it into a lair, will they appear?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 27, 2012, 08:33:11 pm »

Bogeymen only appear outdoors, and immediately go away if you step inside.

I still don't like the idea of goblins sieging with elfy war animals, or goblin migrants bringing them to fortresses as pets. I'd think goblin players would be perfectly content with just trolls. It's not like non-historical pets don't poof out of existence when you end a fortress, anyway.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 27, 2012, 09:44:48 pm »

I still don't like the idea of goblins sieging with elfy war animals, or goblin migrants bringing them to fortresses as pets. I'd think goblin players would be perfectly content with just trolls. It's not like non-historical pets don't poof out of existence when you end a fortress, anyway.
I'll be playing goblins and i don't care if they get NO animals at all.
Matter fact, those trolls don't really DO anything it seems. Just eat up my FPS.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 27, 2012, 09:47:10 pm »

list updated.
If i missed ya and ya don't speak up, ya obviously weren't that interested.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 27, 2012, 10:04:48 pm »

Well, if you remember, the main point is to make a world for adventurers, so so long as plenty of unique/cool/interesting/profitable forts are constructed, the gameplay in fortress mode is a more minor concern.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 28, 2012, 01:27:59 am »

Indeed. Goblins having access to any species has no effect on adventure mdoe to my knowledge (goblins don't even show up except as bandits and to ambush you in their territory, and don't include animals in these ambushes), but we can remove it anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 28, 2012, 03:07:45 am »

Indeed. Goblins having access to any species has no effect on adventure mdoe to my knowledge (goblins don't even show up except as bandits and to ambush you in their territory, and don't include animals in these ambushes), but we can remove it anyway.
whoa!
 is this to say that adventurers will not be able to raid my fortress stuffed fulla goblins?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54