Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64055 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #690 on: February 23, 2012, 03:37:30 pm »

Am I still supposed to be keeping track of the list? :o

Anyway, the mods seem fairly comprehensive of the desires of adventurers at the moment, and the next version seems likely to be both stable and more world-gen friendly. What's on the agenda for now?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:41:50 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 23, 2012, 05:14:49 pm »

Am I still supposed to be keeping track of the list? :o

Anyway, the mods seem fairly comprehensive of the desires of adventurers at the moment, and the next version seems likely to be both stable and more world-gen friendly. What's on the agenda for now?
naw, ill take care of the list, but thanks for getting it started.
Honestly, im not sure what we're waiting on at this point. Was today's bugfix enough for us to get started on this ya think?
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 23, 2012, 06:27:54 pm »

Wait. There was a bugfix released today? but it still says version 02...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 23, 2012, 07:18:04 pm »

Do you mean the current one? Yeah, it's working, but world gen is being an ass. The version Toady is hammering out now should provide enough stability to avoid !!worlds!!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 23, 2012, 07:32:21 pm »

Sweet!
So i guess after this next update, we're gonna get this started?

I must admit, having my turn first feels rather anti-climactic, as this world will feel largely like any other when i start. Still excited as HELL though.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 23, 2012, 10:32:13 pm »

I can't wait to wander through your fort and pull the first lever I come across :P
I make Spellcrafts!

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 24, 2012, 01:49:33 am »

I can't wait to wander through your fort and pull the first lever I come across :P
Oh, you're gonna be un-impressed, lemme warn ya RIGHT away. I've only been playing this game for about a year, making me a hardcore vet in any game but this one, but leaving me still WELL within the realm of newb for THIS game.

Jarlaxle212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 24, 2012, 06:38:17 am »

Could you put me on the list aswell! Im still kinda fresh to this game, but i think i have it on lock (current fort is 240 dorfs survived a 60 goblin seige with purely military) , but i see this as a huge learning opportunity! Also i make very aethstetic forts, vertically stacked concentric circles that get bigger and bigger the deeper I go and i pack my whole fort symetrically into them.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 24, 2012, 09:50:00 am »

I'd fully anticipate the game to be playable after this next release, and someone would be starting a thread for it in the community games section. :D

The only mods right now are permitting players in fortress mode to play as any of the civilizations (except kobolds, becuase kobolds live in caves and the game hates caves...) and for adventure mode where you can play as most species of animalmen, including those found in the caverns or in creature_standard.txt. Elves also needed a way to collect wood besides woodcutting (which I let them do anyway because not everyone will remember to bring wood on embark.) and only mine if you bring picks with you, so they got a 'giving tree' that makes wood. Adventurers of the non-standard races can also make some basic clothing and armor (including backpacks) for themselves from leather or bone, and fortresss mode players get a new stone type that melts not too far above room temperature, which makes it good for traps and storing items in a display pedestal that is coupled to it.
There are no new creatures (but animalmen had to be duplicated to prevent wild populations from dissappearing.) or new anything else besides the stone and buildings for it and producing wood for elves.
Sponge men fort, anybody?
:3

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kibstable

• Bay Watcher
  • We didn't start the fire...
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 24, 2012, 11:41:57 am »

Here's an image of the small world I just genned for testing. No idea why full scale testing is a bad thing...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can see from that map that the guild of dwarven engineers may get a number of bridge contracts on that map.

Although I'm only planning to play as adventurer I may have to send a letter to the mountainhome to encourage sponsorship of road and bridge projects in order to widen the reach of traders, which should in return, fill the royal coffers in taxes.
<dips quill in ink pot and reaches for fresh parchment>

Perhaps other travelers and adventurers should also suggest some more worthy endeavours.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 24, 2012, 01:15:16 pm »

Sponge men fort, anybody?
:3

Yes. Absolutely yes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 24, 2012, 05:29:00 pm »

The display pedestal and related stone type may be removed just because they aren't really necessary or useful. Neither is making kobolds playable in fortress mode, considering they don't even show up on the civs screen. :P

And I think making a few bridges across the inevitably insanely difficult to navigate valley would probably be an excellent idea. I might just make a fort there. Fortresses between the forks of rivers are actually very easy to defend and often the river canyon makes for great visuals in 3d visualizers.
I make Spellcrafts!

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #702 on: February 24, 2012, 06:26:38 pm »

Neither is making kobolds playable in fortress mode, considering they don't even show up on the civs screen. :P

I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 24, 2012, 06:37:17 pm »

Well, I mean the embark civ screen. You can't embark as a kobold group, because their civilization doesn't show up on the list of civs you could represent, because they live in caves. Rather depressing situation really.
I make Spellcrafts!

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #704 on: February 24, 2012, 07:07:47 pm »

Oh. Now I feel rather silly.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54