Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 13: In which there aren't muffin pans.  (Read 26150 times)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 0
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2012, 05:13:36 pm »

Someone got to find out about the "fumble" chart. Could have been worse..
And FFS, Derm is male. neither of the men become girls when they transform. Which is why it's downright hilarious.
Turn 2: In which they begin to gather.

Actions:
--------
Transformation Sequence Go!
(4) After transforming back, you focus, and the knowledge of how to use the gem's basic functions enters your mind. It's disconcerting, but knowing that you can actually handle and shape your magical energy, rather then just shooting out blasts, is worth the discomfort. You feel like there's still more you didn't learn, though.

Transform
After Transformation go to work
(5) You transform back to normal, and go to work, though you have a nagging feeling somethings off. Too late, you realize your clothing has retained the pink color, as your co-workers all get a good laugh at your expense.

Quickly slice off the heels of my shoes with my omni-tool and walk up to the woman.
(3) After hacking at the heels for afew moments, you realize the omni-tool just isn't cutting it, and are forced to give up in frustration. After pocketing the omni-tool, you approach the woman, who is fairly shocked by your appearance. And probably the whole magical girl thing. You're not too sure, though.

Invite the girl Derm to a private meeting about the nature of these devices. Private as in somewhere else, perhaps at Valia's home.
(5) After you're certain you share the same problem, you politely invite the man back to your place so that you can work together to learn more. Discussion over tea may or may not occur, at your discretion.

Investigate rumor, then own clothing and self-appearance. Ask around about them.
(3) Determining that you'd rather find out what everyone's talking about, instead of sitting around in your workshop, you ask around, trying to find any hints or clues. Unfortunately, you get nowhere in your investigation and end up feeling slightly more perplexed.
When you finally get around to checking out what changed about your gear, you notice your clothing apparently didn't change much. It's... odd.

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 2: Lost in the fog
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2012, 05:21:02 pm »

And FFS, Derm is male. neither of the men become girls when they transform. Which is why it's downright hilarious.

While I did know that, it's more funny this way.

Valia lead the man back to her house as discreetly as possible. She had a bad feeling about forcing the transformation away - plus, the silver corset was very stylish.

As they walked, she pestered him with small questions to keep their minds off the peering eyes following them. "So, you live around this area?"

Tea will occur.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2012, 05:23:31 pm »

"Don't you know it's anti bullying day? We are supposed to wear pink to... stop it or something, anyway some ass threw a rock at me so it didn't work." Find new work clothes and then chat it up with anime fan friend.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2012, 05:33:45 pm »

Derm hesitates. "I am, a bit lost, actually. Not entirely certain where I am. The clothing and the device sort of distracted me, happens all the time. Actually, I was on my way to my secret laboratory. There I experiment with SCIENCE! I explore things said to be best left untouched! They said I was mad to build an automatic banana peeler! Well, look who's laughing now!? HahahahaHAHAHAHAHAAAH! Mostly because it went haywire and there was an alarmingly large canister of laughing gas nearby, but still! By gods these shoes are uncomfortable. Anyway, where exactly are we?"

Discern location.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2012, 08:46:47 pm »

Head back to workshop. Tinker with Gem

Perfect, nothing new about those rumors. I guess it is time to find out what this thing is...Can't get it off for some reason.

Maybe a few more whacks with my wrench would help?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2012, 10:41:22 pm »

There's a lot I need to know about myself. Where did this power come from?

Tina asks around about that explosion.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 0
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2012, 01:20:02 am »

Turn 3: In which tea occurs, and the plot finds them

Actions:
--------
Tina asks around about that explosion.
(7) You find out that it was caused by mad !!SCIENCE!!, and that you could probably try asking the assistants. Your questions, though seemingly unimportant, still draw unsavory attention. You barely notice the person in the alley as they run off. You're not sure why, but you know they were watching.

Head back to workshop. Tinker with Gem

(7) You manage to pry the covering off the gem, and though it discharges energy wildly, you figure out a way to refine the energy use, reducing the MP cost to use your abilities. The energy discharge, however, reacts with other items in the workshop, causing several catastrophic failures and a pair of small explosions. (2/6) (2/5) You tumble under the table to avoid the first blast and the second, but in the process you bounce your head off the floor.

Find new work clothes and then chat it up with anime fan friend.
(As this is a steampunk setting, I'm assuming you meant fine literature, or black and white videos.)
(2) You ask around for clothes you can actually work in without getting laughed at constantly, and fail spectacularly. The constant joking does not help your mood, and when you go to talk to your friend about books, you only succeed in being rude.

Discern location.
(0) You feel even more lost for a moment, sure you'll never find your way home. Your new companion, however, calmly explains the surrounding section of The City, and (4) manages to convey enough of the area for you to figure out a roundabout way home. You're sure there are shorter paths, but it'll get you there. However, now is not the time for that, as she guides you to her home so you can better discuss things in private.

Tea will occur.
(5) Once you arrive at your home, Derek in tow, you settle in and talk about what happened and how you came to be in this situation. Both of you are relieved you're not the only one this happened to. And then there is hot tea, and it is glorious.
(If you had gotten a total of 6, I'd probably have given a slight buff for the tea.)

======

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 3: Stalkers! Explosions! Hot Tea!
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2012, 02:01:01 am »

"Right, so I imagine that these things hold some sort of power. It falls to me in my infinite wisdom to find out exactly what this is. Ahem, BEHOLD!"

Attempt to do something involving this strange artifact and my new powers. Fail to resist urge to cackle maniacally.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2012, 05:36:55 am »

Woah, the last sentence...feels a bit off in mine. Very nice though.

Nessara covers her head and rolls under a sturdy desk as energy from the Gem starts spewing out, lashing at anything nearby.

She tries to cover Gem with its...covering. Hoping for the best.

And afterwards, she tries to conduct research on it in town, 'there must be something off about all this,' she thought to herself.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:13:55 am by Tiruin »

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2012, 09:10:16 am »

Do some maintenance and then head to park for lunch. Crazy stuff happens there
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2012, 09:46:43 am »

"Whoa, what are you doing?" Valia jumped out of the way of Derek's power activation, just in case.

Dodge Derek's powers, then attempt to repeat his experiment for myself.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 4
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2012, 06:39:02 pm »

Woah, the last sentence...feels a bit off in mine. Very nice though.
Yeah, I know, but I only realised it when I reread that this morning.
I wrote the entire turn at 1:30 am, right before bed. All things considered, I'm amazed there weren't any other errors I didn't catch in proofing.

Also: if someone wants to be super special awesome and send me the description of a random Forgotten Beast, that'd be awesome. Not, you know, like I'm using it for a cheap monster-of-the-weak while I resort to gathering you by railroad, or anything like that. Certainly not. But none of them are showing up for me, so someone else will need to, unless they want the turn to be delayed while I go browsing the forums.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2012, 06:52:57 pm »

Also: if someone wants to be super special awesome and send me the description of a random Forgotten Beast, that'd be awesome. Not, you know, like I'm using it for a cheap monster-of-the-weak while I resort to gathering you by railroad, or anything like that. Certainly not. But none of them are showing up for me, so someone else will need to, unless they want the turn to be delayed while I go browsing the forums.
Does it have to be a literal forgotten beast, or could I just PM you randomly invented/rolled for creatures of a decidedly haphazard/combined variety?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2012, 07:09:10 pm »

--Forest Dominator--
-Vine Queen Gothgol-

You fill in the details.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13