Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 13: In which there aren't muffin pans.  (Read 26189 times)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 0
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 01:24:37 pm »

Turn 0: In which they become magical girls:

By rights, it should have been a dark and stormy evening. It goes with mad science like clouds go with the sky, after all. It's traditional. Instead, the sky was clear and the ruby red sunset filtered through the clouds of steam surrounding the city, shedding the last rays of the day.
And then everything went horribly wrong. One of the research labs exploded suddenly, blossoming into a cloud of flame, smoke, and flying debris that covered the skyline and blotted out the sun.
Much of the falling metal scrap was useless, but some of the sturdier items survived, including seven unique talsimans. Each flew in a separate direction, and when they landed, bursts of energy discharge warped the terrain slightly, drawing the attention of nearby people.

Actions:
All: Inspect the strange energy burst
(6): Each of you finds a strange, metallic gem covered in small hinges and faint creases. As you approach, another discharge of energy lashes out, knocking you backward, and unconscious. When you awaken, you find the gem has attached itself to your wrist, and your clothing has changed slightly. A small recording begins playing from the gem, though the sound is tinny at best.
"Unauthorized activation detected; Attempting to cancel... Attempt failed; System damage and error detected; overwriting user data... complete; beginning introduction:" followed by a more normal, masculine voice saying "Greetings magical girls. I am the professor who designed these talismans. By now the talisman should have fused with you, and is impossible to remove short of the removal of the attached arm, or death. You should find that you can transform between a "Magical girl" state, and your normal appearance at whim, simply by concentrating. When in the MG state, you can release the energy within the talisman to alter the world around you. The energy will recharge slowly, afterwords, so be careful. I expect you're eager to get to saving the world, so this is the end of the message. See you soon." At that, the recording cuts off, and you sit there in a daze.

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

And that is the longest action I will ever write.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 01:27:48 pm »

> Examine my clothing and test the powers given on a nearby rock.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2012, 01:28:02 pm »

Oh crap! None must know my true identity!

Flee to an unoccupied rooftop someplace!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2012, 01:37:14 pm »

Valia put her free hand to her wrist and stroked it. "A 'magical girl'? What in the name of my great uncle Jeero?"

The world around her seemed different. She saw the shifting clouds in the rose red sky more clearly, and smiled as birds flew overhead. Smiles didn't come naturally to Valia, so finding peace and comfort in the everyday surroundings struck her as odd.

Not that she was complaining. Her Talisman glowed softly as she took her other hand off of it.

Valia knew she had to find someone to ask about this. But who? The City had treated her hard. She didn't have many friends.

Regaining her balance, Valia heads to the corporate building where she works.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2012, 03:03:22 pm »

"Amazing, simply amazing, some type of metallic crystal energy storage? Reality warping? How fascinating, I should ret- what in gods name am I wearing!?"

Examine self and retreat to my (not so) secret laboratory.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2012, 03:06:49 pm »

"Amazing, simply amazing, some type of metallic crystal energy storage? Reality warping? How fascinating, I should ret- what in gods name am I wearing!?"

I am now imagining Dexter as a magical girl. I think that's the accent I'll read all you actions in, anyway :P

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2012, 04:00:22 pm »

Huh. I was thinking more Mandark-y, personally.
Though definitely thinking Derm's going to have something by Voltaire as his Leitmotif.
Hmm... gotta think of them for everyone else.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2012, 04:02:44 pm »

I'm a magical steampunk Nikola Tesla!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2012, 09:53:19 pm »

"Perfect, something that won't come off..." Nessara said, while tinkering and whacking the gem with her wrench.

"At least nothing else seems strange."

With a shrug, she decides to return to her workshop, ignorant of the stares other people may be giving her.

"Saving the world hmm?..."

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2012, 11:52:10 pm »

Turn 1: In which they... go back to their lives?

Actions:
--------
> Examine my clothing and test the powers given on a nearby rock.
(2)
You glance down at your clothing, which is pink and frilly, and very lacy. There's also a skirt involved. The outfit is clearly an abomination against masculinity, and the flush of embarrassment and humiliated rage causes you to overcharge the test shot. The rock explodes as a large tree sprouts from inside it. The flying rock shards deal 1 damage to you.

Flee to an unoccupied rooftop someplace!
(3)
You flee the scene, attempting to avoid the stares of the onlookers. While your ridiculously gaudy clothing and desperation draw more attention then it diverts, you're pretty sure noone managed to get a clear look at your face.

Regaining her balance, Valia heads to the corporate building where she works.
(4)
Dazed by the shock of what just happened, you get alittle lost, but figure out where you are and make it back to the large corporate building without anything else happening, but aren't sure if you should go in while in your magical girl outfit. you spend time dithering outside.

(2)
Whatever it is you're wearing, it's certainly yellow. And spiky. High heels are, unfortunately, included. You're not sure which part you dislike most, but settle on a seething dislike for the entire thing, and resolve to change it if you can. Unfortunately, you get lost on the way to your (non)secret lair due to the crowds, and after spending time wandering the alley ways you come out in front of a large corporate building. There's a painfully obvious woman wearing a silver battle corset looking alittle worried standing out front.

she decides to return to her workshop
(5)
You pass dozens of people without a second thought, and make it to your workshop without any trouble. You do hear of a few "other" strangely dressed women, and flashy crossdressing men as you walk, though.

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2012, 11:56:47 pm »

Transformation Sequence Go!

Learn how to shot web, etc

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2012, 12:02:47 am »

"What am I wearing? No matter, um, Transform?"

After Transformation go to work
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2012, 12:20:27 am »

Quickly slice off the heels of my shoes with my omni-tool and walk up to the woman.
"'ello! Judging by your attire, the device, and your lost expression, I can safetly assume we are in the same airship. If I am horrifically wrong, feel free to run away screaming from the clearly insane madman in womans clothing. pfft hahahahaha! Oh, I crack myself up sometimes."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:21:34 am by dermonster »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 1: Lots of walking.
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2012, 06:54:39 am »

EDIT: Edited for derm.

Valia held her ground. A woman in a similarly ridiculous attire was walking up to her. Oh, what should she do, what should she do?

"Same airship? What are you babbling on about?" Valia noticed the Talisman on the girl's (guy's?) arm. "Oh, my... is that...?"

Valia ran up to Derek and raised her arm, showing her the soft glow of the device. "We should probably talk about this somewhere else, don't you think?"

Invite the girl to a private meeting about the nature of these devices. Private as in somewhere else, perhaps at Valia's home.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:22:27 am by freeformschooler »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 1: Lots of walking.
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2012, 07:04:05 am »

Investigate rumor, then own clothing and self-appearance. Ask around about them.

At least it's better than toying with another broken robot...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13