Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]  (Read 16699 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 13: Supersize]
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2012, 08:27:43 pm »

Induct massive amounts of matter into the newborn star and make it hypernova, collapsing in on itself as a black hole.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2012, 08:31:56 pm »

Request Aid from my entities to form a habitable area out of the core. Solidify it.

Warp the core of my Cloud into its own world. The Dream World; give partial rule to my Entities in guiding and ruling it (for future inhabitants).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:52:01 pm by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2012, 11:10:35 pm »

So I can't command a ball of earthen spirit energy to slay my foes?  But a [6+3] would be so much fun!

Also, bloops on floating temple access.

Create a teleporter that only works on those faithful to me linking the top of the crag to my temple, adorning it with statues to my greatness.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2012, 01:15:40 am »

Aargh! That took so long to get! Stop trying to blow up my stuff!

Protect the sun from derm's meddling. If he succeeds, get it the hell away from my sphere.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2012, 01:30:49 am »

"What that?"
"Dunno."
"Anyway..."

Upgrade the harvester machines to mine faster.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2012, 12:44:30 am »

My apologies for the long delay. Will have to be a while longer as well, I'm afraid.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2012, 04:56:37 am »

((I'm alright with the wait. Deities take their time, too.  :D ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2012, 12:24:41 am »

Turn 14: Derm Nearly Derms Everything

Induct massive amounts of matter into the newborn star and make it hypernova, collapsing in on itself as a black hole.
[6+1] You, uh. "Universal apocalypse" is such a pessimistic phrase. You prefer "try to create an explosion that will erase all existence followed by a black hole that will prevent the further existence of anything else." Much better.

[1] vs [5] For good or ill, good for anything in the universe at the moment, Xarl stops you. Normally being thwarted by your hated foe would only intensify your conviction, but in this case you're thinking maybe this whole nemesis thing is a bit unnecessary. Nearly destroying everything ever tends to put some perspective on things.

Warp the core of my Cloud into its own world. The Dream World; give partial rule to my Entities in guiding and ruling it (for future inhabitants).
[6+1] You successfully warp the entire Cloud into a garish Dream World; oh sure, it's stronger at the core and fairly normal and existent at the edges, but the whole thing is more or less extradimensional now; the edges are just more like the edges of a funnel or the top steps of a staircase.

Your entities take to their new realm nicely, since it now changes to their (sometimes unintentional) whims, but they have no particular mastery or ownership of it.

Create a teleporter that only works on those faithful to me linking the top of the crag to my temple, adorning it with statues to my greatness.
[4+1] You create a magnificent teleporter pad adorned with imposing, inspiring statues. It will allow those truly obedient to you to enter your temple.

Protect the sun from derm's meddling. If he succeeds, get it the hell away from my sphere.
[5] vs [1] You successfully prevent Derm from annihilating the universe. And perhaps more importantly, perhaps not, messing with your part of it.

"What that?"
"Dunno."
"Anyway..."

Upgrade the harvester machines to mine faster.
[5+1] You upgrade them to go along at a nice pace. Unfortunately they will now wear themselves out before too long.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

And here we are. Normally I prefer the title to refer to more than one thing, but nothing about dreams quite came to mind and this one was too amusing to pass up.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 14: Derm Nearly Derms Everything]
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2012, 01:18:07 am »

Conjure upgraded versions of the Minerbots! Same as v1s but significantly faster and can perform self-maintenance. Make them out of a random solid material.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2012, 03:00:34 am »

That title had me worried. I was going to grant a pass for his turtle into my aquatic paradise, anyway. And the whole nemesis thing merely proffesional. The whole you trying to blow the universe and me not.
Anyway . . .
Create 5 guardians of my sphere. They will be mighty void sharks, measuring 200 meters long, and shall gain energy from the sun.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:07:47 am by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2012, 05:08:12 am »

Create beings willing to watch over and guard my Dream World, adaptable and out of the very essence of it. Of course, they should be of weaker stuff than their Lightning Lords, but nonetheless essential for the place. Free-willed and humanoid in form.

If possible, create castes for my Lightning entities: Those that keep guard and watch over the Cloud, those that guide and join with the inhabitants of the cloud, those that control the balance of it and those that record every event occurring in the known relativity. My presence included.

...There was still much to do. So many . . . possibilities.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2012, 11:25:04 am »

Add plant, micro, and regular animal wildlife to the disc. Modified to suit the terrain, of course.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2012, 12:33:11 am »

Order some of my minions to serve in the pre-created* temple areas, and empower me with their worship!

Expand the temple with halls for my minions to perform ritual worship of me, thus granting me additional power from their adoration.
[4] You successfully expand the temple. Now if only your minions could reach this place, they'd probably empower you with their near-endless adoration.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2012, 10:39:45 pm »

Turn 15: Power Overwhelming

Conjure upgraded versions of the Minerbots! Same as v1s but significantly faster and can perform self-maintenance. Make them out of a random solid material.
[2+2] You successfully create faster, self-repairing minerbots out of [6] diamond. Unfortunately, the requirements of being self-maintaining, rapid miners has rendered them extremely fragile.

That title had me worried. I was going to grant a pass for his turtle into my aquatic paradise, anyway. And the whole nemesis thing merely proffesional. The whole you trying to blow the universe and me not.
Anyway . . .
Create 5 guardians of my sphere. They will be mighty void sharks, measuring 200 meters long, and shall gain energy from the sun.
[2+3] You successfully create your guardian void sharks. They're fearsome and mighty, and should pose a significant threat to anything that dares to intrude upon your sphere.

Create beings willing to watch over and guard my Dream World, adaptable and out of the very essence of it. Of course, they should be of weaker stuff than their Lightning Lords, but nonetheless essential for the place. Free-willed and humanoid in form.

If possible, create castes for my Lightning entities: Those that keep guard and watch over the Cloud, those that guide and join with the inhabitants of the cloud, those that control the balance of it and those that record every event occurring in the known relativity. My presence included.
[5+2] You create laughing, utterly mad dream-beings to inhabit your Cloud, volatile fey-like beings in tune with its very nature.

At least they'll probably guard it pretty well. You don't quite get around to differentiating your lightning entities.

Add plant, micro, and regular animal wildlife to the disc. Modified to suit the terrain, of course.

[6] You create a plethora of severe plant forms, generally as bizarre as the lands they inhabit. In most cases, that's pretty bizarre.

You're too busy with that to create tiny life forms or animals, though.

Order some of my minions to serve in the pre-created* temple areas, and empower me with their worship!
[6] Your fanatical minions cram themselves into the temple's formerly ample worship areas, fervently praying to your magnificence.

The results are immediately noticeable; the influx of divine power strengthens you, allowing you to call upon it to empower your divine acts.

((Still considering how exactly this will work, but for now you can use it to empower acts that use one of your spheres. Empowering might mean increasing the size/power, or adding an additional +1 to the roll, possibly in exchange for less size/power.))

Quote from: Toink
Do de do
A certain shapeshifting hat notices that he's building up divine power, which probably isn't good for him. He should really spend that soon.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 15: Power Overwhelming]
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2012, 11:17:29 pm »

Lets do micro-organisms now!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14