Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838906 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8850 on: January 26, 2013, 05:37:42 pm »

A small issue I've encountered (maybe an issue?) is that I cannot cancel a (R)epeat order in workshops. If I press c, it suspends it- to cancel the order
I have to mark the workshop for removal and then stop the removal. If I assign another order, say 'make steel anvil,' after that job is finished it puts in the supposedly gone repeat orders, but suspended. Is there a way to fix this?

Workflow in DFHack does that--type "workflow disable" in the dfhack console to stop that. You could also just remove the repeat, then remove the order.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: January 26, 2013, 05:38:07 pm »

Fortress Defense races. Do they have a preset 'population' requirement to come?

Yes.  Level 3 is 80 dwarves, so you're only triggering the 1 and 2s. 

More info here
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Entity_token#Behavior

entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(77): !NOFROG!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(261): !NOIMP!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(451): !NOBLENDEC!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(642): !NOWEREWOLF!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(830): !NOSERPENT!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:4]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(1029): YESTIGER[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:2]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(1640): !NOBEAKWOLF!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(1747): !NOFERRICELF!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:4]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(1978): !NOELEPHANT!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(2126): !NOSTRANGLER!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
entity_fortdefense_hard.txt(89): !NOJOTUN!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_hard.txt(749): !NOMINOTAUR!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_hard.txt(926): !NOSPIDER!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_hard.txt(1064): !NONIGHTWING!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_medium.txt(85): YESBADGER[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_medium.txt(733): YESPANDASHI[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_medium.txt(1386): YESRAPTOR[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_medium.txt(2028): !NOHARPY!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:4]

However, you should still be able to trigger them through exports, according to wiki "If multiple progress triggers exist for a civ, it will come when any one of them is fulfilled instead of waiting for all of them to be reached."

Humans do not have a pop trigger, only a (very low) trade trigger.
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:2]

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:40:37 pm by smakemupagus »

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: January 26, 2013, 07:03:30 pm »

Fortress Defense races. Do they have a preset 'population' requirement to come?

Yes.  Level 3 is 80 dwarves, so you're only triggering the 1 and 2s. 

More info here
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Entity_token#Behavior

entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(77): !NOFROG!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(261): !NOIMP!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(451): !NOBLENDEC!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(642): !NOWEREWOLF!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(830): !NOSERPENT!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:4]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(1029): YESTIGER[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:2]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(1640): !NOBEAKWOLF!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(1747): !NOFERRICELF!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:4]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(1978): !NOELEPHANT!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_easy.txt(2126): !NOSTRANGLER!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
entity_fortdefense_hard.txt(89): !NOJOTUN!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_hard.txt(749): !NOMINOTAUR!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_hard.txt(926): !NOSPIDER!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_hard.txt(1064): !NONIGHTWING!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_medium.txt(85): YESBADGER[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_medium.txt(733): YESPANDASHI[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_medium.txt(1386): YESRAPTOR[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
entity_fortdefense_medium.txt(2028): !NOHARPY!PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:4]

However, you should still be able to trigger them through exports, according to wiki "If multiple progress triggers exist for a civ, it will come when any one of them is fulfilled instead of waiting for all of them to be reached."

Humans do not have a pop trigger, only a (very low) trade trigger.
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:2]

Ahhh, so I was right. Appreciate for that clarification, I saw these 'trigger_trade:2' but couldn't find what 2 equated to in raw, in game numbers (not that I gave it hours of work). :)

So the issue is two fold for me.

#1 that I have cap pop of 60 always. (I use golems, turrets, intelligent engineering, and traps to kill off invaders, so I don't need a military :P)

#2 I don't actually TRADE anything. I found the whole trade system a giant pain in the ass, and I'm usually patient. If it's not the broker deciding to go eat, drink, sleep, take a break, eat, drink sleep... and never show up, it's the atrocious organization of menu's, and general hassle of it all. though, I only did this in vanilla...

and if I feel like I want an item from a trade wagon? d-b-f (forbid) the depot, they leave with all the items on it, deconstruct it, I got everything they owned with no retaliation (done this 50+ times to test if they would get angry and siege, but the elves/drow never acted differently). Feels really cheap though...

as I mean, I can just order all prototype golems/turrets from dwarves, do this, and I got what? probably 500,000+ value of items for no lose. :P

So I should try to suck it up, and do trading then! That's a thought I had, but didn't test yet.

Thanks again for the clarification! Mucho appreciated.

Off topic:

Did Meph remove berserkers? I swore they were still in, but I've had (est.) 450-500 dwarves in in 2.f, and not a single one was berserker. Seen at least 20-30 legions, craft dwarves, etc etc etc. But 0 berserkers. Am i just in bad luck, or is it bugged? (They show in the guide, so I assume they are meant to be in).

Edit: Actually, the image has berserkers, but the info below the guide, doesn't... which is it? :o
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:28:11 pm by SabbyKat »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: January 26, 2013, 07:34:11 pm »

LOL, it hadn't even occured to me that someone who has played multiple, 40-plus year forts could possibly have not surpassed the trade 2 threshold.  goes to show everyone plays differently I guess!  i don't know the exact number, but trade level 2 is just a couple thousand bucks, somewhere in the range of "might get there first trade season, definitely get there second year."  Well, if you trade, rather than steal the whole caravan every time! :)  No wonder the humans don't come running to trade with you  ::)

Making a macro that hits "down, enter" 10 or 20 times makes the trade interface a lot less tedious. 

which is it?

castes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:42:14 pm by smakemupagus »

schrocko88

• Bay Watcher
  • What's up homie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: January 26, 2013, 09:11:03 pm »

Hey all, I've recently began a Masterwork LP on youtube, and would love for you to come check it out and see if you like it.

Here's a link to a thread I just started about it.

And here's a link to my youtube.

Thanks for checking it out, and if you don't sorry to waste your time, and I do still love you.
Add magma? Why the hell not?

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: January 27, 2013, 12:33:41 am »

woot a dwarf wnet mad from me getting rid of slag. Maybe you can make it so they dont make masterwork slag?
here is a pic
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:49:01 am by Wafflelordling »

Absolutis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: January 27, 2013, 01:26:58 am »

Hey. I've been having this strange problem with embarking... "No plump helmet spawn available"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: January 27, 2013, 01:28:58 am »

Hey. I've been having this strange problem with embarking... "No plump helmet spawn available"

Gen a new world. If your world has no caverns, this happens. Alternatively, try to embark as a new civilization (not kobolds or orcs, but a different dwarf civ). If that doesn't work, gen a new world.

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: January 27, 2013, 09:05:21 am »

quick question:
if i remove this
(in a new world) the wraiths will stop generating or i will fuck my game?
also: i really like the features of this mod and i played it a lot, but this wraith monsters totally fuck up my way of start embarks, and i would really like to find a way to nerf them a little at least (or disable them without disabling warpstone and fancies of armok)

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: January 27, 2013, 09:06:50 am »

Hello there everyone!

Long time since I last played MDF, I'm very happy with the progress made with this mode, keep them coming. My new fort is doing great. But now I came across this THING, I'm not sure what it is. My bowyer withdraw from the society and made this:

Can anybody tell me what it is, maybe it's some kind of a bug? I'm using the newest version per se. I didn't altered any of the settings, exept for using my own graphic pack, but I only changed one picture in data/art folder so it don't make any difference.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: January 27, 2013, 11:43:01 am »

quick question:
if i remove this
(in a new world) the wraiths will stop generating or i will fuck my game?
also: i really like the features of this mod and i played it a lot, but this wraith monsters totally fuck up my way of start embarks, and i would really like to find a way to nerf them a little at least (or disable them without disabling warpstone and fancies of armok)
turning off the wraiths through modding would require deleting the [SYNDROME] and tags going with it (stone just evaporates) or delete the boiling point tag of the stone [BOILING_POINT:7000] (stone still drops but probably won't stockpile)
could delete who it infects as well.. rationally thinking atleast

Hello there everyone!

Long time since I last played MDF, I'm very happy with the progress made with this mode, keep them coming. My new fort is doing great. But now I came across this THING, I'm not sure what it is. My bowyer withdraw from the society and made this:

Can anybody tell me what it is, maybe it's some kind of a bug? I'm using the newest version per se. I didn't altered any of the settings, exept for using my own graphic pack, but I only changed one picture in data/art folder so it don't make any difference.
i believe that's a throwing weapon using the axe skill, so your dwarves start swinging an axe instead of bludgeoning an enemy with a crossbow
takes axe to throw still or attack from a range, just takes different or special ammo to use at range
but there's a good chance i'm wrong as i haven't used much off brand ranged weapons :P
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: January 27, 2013, 02:16:05 pm »

Hehe I just found the most dorfy dwarf ever. She likes elf skulls and sudden explosions!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: January 27, 2013, 02:32:58 pm »

That particular weapon is a Kobold Camp weapon, which your dwarf was able to access due to the strange mood.

more info

>> Hehe I just found the most dorfy dwarf ever. She likes elf skulls and sudden explosions!

LOL awesome, I bet you can arrange for her to be very happy in your fortress :D

>> turning off the wraiths through modding would require deleting the [SYNDROME]

Wouldn't deleting the stones work just as well?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:34:09 pm by smakemupagus »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: January 27, 2013, 04:46:55 pm »

I did a quick check to see if it was already modded in, but it hasn't.

Have you considered arclance's wood recycling mod?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=86918.msg2358709#msg2358709

I borrowed his ideas (and yours) and put it into accelerated mod.

whoops, posted a bunch on here that I meant to post on the accelerated mod.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117954.msg3983972#msg3983972
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:55:57 pm by thistleknot »

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: January 28, 2013, 05:24:16 pm »

Alrighty! Can anyone else confirm the below:

Anytype of 'hive' creature, seems to have a bunch of issues.

- I see beekeepers sitting on a hive box, trying to 'install a colony' - and they stay there till they almost die of thirst/sleep/etc, then run back, and do the same. I've had a guy do this for a good 2 YEARS in game now (there's no barrows active, to alleviate that possibility). And he always goes to the same hive, and never installs a colony, ever. I remove the hive? he moves to another, and does the same weird thing.

- Secondly, when you move over a cage, you have the option to cage bee's, etc. And they show in the thousands in size (not sure if that matters). Example; 'Honey bees - (11832)' and I can cage them.

- I notice a sharp lag spike increase when I began to colonize about 20 hives, my fps dropped well over 100 fps when I began to fill up my colonies with various critters. Same effect when ONLY colonizing with honey bees (aka, the vanilla critters). When I removed the hives and wiped out the creatures around the hives via cats and such, the lag dramatically reduced.

I've confirmed the above bugs on 3 embarks trying this now, but the more hives you add, the more the issues expand. Doesn't seem to be an issue for any particular species of 'creature' - I've successfully installed the spiders, silk worms, bees, everything, and from my limited testing, all seem to cause the issues above.

Not major issues since hives are a minor feature, but it's something newly added and I thought it would be nice if I could get others to confirm the above issues.

~*~

Further on the golem front - to clarify, archers (Ferric elves, goblins, etc) absolutely obliterate golems. They're crippled before even getting 10 blocks away from these guys and die easily. So if you nerf them, I'd advise trying to make them be nerfed against melee foes, as if ranged get more advantages they'll be absolutely garbage against them (the prototype variations at least, getting the advanced ones is usually more end-game stuff :P).

Version: 2.f

Clean Install.

No Modifications.
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 749