Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838914 times)

fantafuzz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8835 on: January 25, 2013, 08:29:59 pm »

Hello, I have a question about world generation in this mod. I got the impression from the readme, that I would have to use one of the pre-defined generations in advanced world generator. Is this true? Or can I use the normal world generation menu to make a random world?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: January 25, 2013, 08:36:33 pm »

You can use normal world gen no problem.

Brenticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: January 25, 2013, 09:54:59 pm »

@genesis92x it's in the main mw folder - an HTML file.   I too love this mod. 
Tonight I'm going to mod in a flying caste to my kobolds and call them Tungu.   And haulers.  Maybe I'll be able to keep a kobold camp alive for more than 2 years :)

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: January 25, 2013, 10:59:27 pm »

I live in a fun spot. Half of the biome rains vile filth.

The other half snows stone. I have no idea why it snows stone. Only a tiny part of the map isn't covered with various strange materials.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: January 25, 2013, 11:08:28 pm »

@meph - maybe consider turning the special rains off by default? it does seem to throw some folks off!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: January 25, 2013, 11:32:20 pm »

I wonder if it'd be possible to mod in rain collectors. Evil weather could be further processed at a toxicist, and maybe some good weathers like sheep's milk or honey could be processed at their appropriate places (or farmer's workshop). That seems like a thing that would be very difficult to pull off, though, if at all possible.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: January 26, 2013, 02:34:53 am »

I wonder if it'd be possible to mod in rain collectors. Evil weather could be further processed at a toxicist, and maybe some good weathers like sheep's milk or honey could be processed at their appropriate places (or farmer's workshop). That seems like a thing that would be very difficult to pull off, though, if at all possible.

Minecarts, I think, may be used to collect unusual rain, but I don't know--that would need to be tested. Even if it does, I'm not sure how that could be transferred to more suitable containers for reactions.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: January 26, 2013, 02:42:10 am »

There's no problem with using a minecart itself as the container in a reaction, is there?  Although, I don't think rain can be a true fluid.  If you try to make magma rain you just get "rock snow," for example -- i.e. a contaminant not a fluid.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: January 26, 2013, 02:46:39 am »

There's no problem with using a minecart itself as the container in a reaction, is there?  Although, I don't think rain can be a true fluid.  If you try to make magma rain you just get "rock snow," for example -- i.e. a contaminant not a fluid.

"Rock snow" is mostly an issue with the melting point of rocks. Water should be fine, as should most liquid-at-room-temperature poisons. Also, every LIQUID_MISC is not a "true fluid" in the first place--that would only be water and magma.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: January 26, 2013, 07:33:03 am »

I figure the issue is more to do with how to detect weather on your biome for use in a reaction. To my knowledge, this function for the game does not exist yet, and neither does filling a dwarven-haulable container. You can fill a minecart with it, though, I think, and that was discussed a couple posts ago.

If it's possible, maybe temperature effects could help that function? Seems to be a wildly versatile thing (look how much it can do in this mod), but I don't really understand how it works yet.

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: January 26, 2013, 11:08:17 am »

BUG REPORT Phobeus tile set MWDF 2.f
I have in my finished goods stockpile items with the name "stack" and they have a quality descriptor attached to them. As in +STACK+ and *STACK* I dont know where they came from.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: January 26, 2013, 11:43:34 am »

BUG REPORT Phobeus tile set MWDF 2.f
I have in my finished goods stockpile items with the name "stack" and they have a quality descriptor attached to them. As in +STACK+ and *STACK* I dont know where they came from.
Not a bug. Those are writable materials used in the architect's study and the scriptorium. Paper/papyrus/vellum, etc.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: January 26, 2013, 05:13:18 pm »

Ok! I want to point a major issue I've encountered, and may have finally solved after literally months of confusion over it, but need confirmation from you guys who know a lot more about the inner workings then i do! :P

Fortress Defense races. Do they have a preset 'population' requirement to come? Aka, I've never, EVER seen a good 10 of the races (yes, they survived world gen, etc). I always play with usually 60 dwarves due to lag, and general 'use' of said dwarves is limited... and I think the population cap criteria, might be that issue.

Further, do HUMANS have a population cap criteria to appear? I've NEVER seen them appear, not a single time in all my time playing MW from before the 1.5 version up to 2f. I've have forts that have been sitting there alive for 30-40 years in game, and see elves, Dwarves, and drow yearly, but not once, humans. (yes, they are set ON, exist, and are well off).

If so, this may uncover the major issues I've had in encountering most of those races, and why humans don't show up! >.<

If this is true, could someone knowledgeable point out where to look to find the numbers to modify for this? I wonder if Meph should add some option to control these variables (for tougher games, like having the 'hard' races appear earlier for population, if chosen).

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: January 26, 2013, 05:17:16 pm »

I get Human, Drow, and Elf caravans tripping over themselves to trade with me every year starting after the first.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: January 26, 2013, 05:30:41 pm »

A small issue I've encountered (maybe an issue?) is that I cannot cancel a (R)epeat order in workshops. If I press c, it suspends it- to cancel the order
I have to mark the workshop for removal and then stop the removal. If I assign another order, say 'make steel anvil,' after that job is finished it puts in the supposedly gone repeat orders, but suspended. Is there a way to fix this?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:34:19 pm by Urist McEngraver »
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 749