Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838851 times)

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8820 on: January 25, 2013, 07:26:05 am »

Hm is it just me? I create most alway's vanilla world's (favor large region) and it generate's it somewhat fast but after the latest patch it feel's that the generation need so many time. I think it's on the generation of "forming lakes and minerals", playing with mineral setting of 1000. ???

Is it because it's the large region? I only change the number of layer's and the end year to 100.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:54:55 am by kizucha »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: January 25, 2013, 08:10:48 am »

Yeah I get that too. Just wait it out or switch to medium region size.

Absolutis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: January 25, 2013, 09:12:13 am »

You made quickfort start up on program start. I am sad  :'( I do not want things next to my cursor to have a tooltip.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: January 25, 2013, 12:46:44 pm »

It never quick started for me. ???
Is it possible something like you turned it on once and it persisted through next time you turned on DF?

rohit507

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: January 25, 2013, 01:42:33 pm »

@meph: hmm, i've got a chunk of my fortress that's infested with silk moths, how do I exploit them for silk?

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: January 25, 2013, 02:39:22 pm »

Just a reminder Meph. You're doing an amazing job. We're all proud of your work.

Poch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: January 25, 2013, 03:58:58 pm »

what i'd personally like in the manual. is the raw data thats relvant to the armors / weapons in question, and weapon grade materials strengths =), in numbers... well i guess equlivancys would be fine..or a list.. use these for blunt. use htese for sharp. use these to train up weaponsmithing...

Same for me, i will probably restart playing Masterwork DF really soon, and i just LOVE the metal management part of the game. But i need to know precisely what to aim for when i create masterwork armors and weapons. Which is best for ammos, piercing, etc...

I think you changed the balance of that very recently Meph, according to the last changelogs ? Is there any up-to-date and comprehensive data we could use ?

Oh, and i stopped playing when you decided to go on for a long trip, i'm very glad to see you are back and developing Masterwork again :) It keeps me playing DF despite its lack of UI, the confusion about updates or current developement status/priorities, optimisations, all the horrible bugs and things Toady seem to don't care about that made me left in the first time after many years on the game. (sorry i'm trolling a little bit, i know a lot of players are very satisfied with Toady's management).

Now, 6 years after i discovered DF for the first time, i have the feeling Toady should just focus on technical basis, and modders on gameplay, because any update of masterwork made me want to play much more than any update Toady made those last few years. It's my way of thinking, not the general way, but anyway, i wanted to say thank you for giving us more reasons to play this fantastic game, and keep up the good work :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:04:02 pm by Poch »

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: January 25, 2013, 05:00:15 pm »

@Absolutis that is something that you did and mine doesnt start with dwarf fortress, Meph only made it a part of the Masterwork package when you download it.

@rohit507 you need to make hives and make it so they are open for a new colony. Eventually one of your bee keepers will install the silk moths in an empty hive. When they are ready to be harvested a job will queue up in the kitchen so that they can be processed. Make sure you keep a few of your hives set to "do not gather products" or you might cause them to go extinct.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: January 25, 2013, 05:36:57 pm »

oddest thing happened to me
started a new fortress in a terrifying biome with a terrifying ocean. so i dig down 2 or so levels and start clearing an area for protection while my guys up top start setting up a basic wall around the hole. a few ticks later the walls are up and the area down a bit is more than halfway done. to my surprise moss had started growing inside. i have not breached a cavern yet and have no idea how it start to grow. so uh here's a pic

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
if you want i can upload the save as well
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: January 25, 2013, 05:46:35 pm »

oddest thing happened to me
started a new fortress in a terrifying biome with a terrifying ocean. so i dig down 2 or so levels and start clearing an area for protection while my guys up top start setting up a basic wall around the hole. a few ticks later the walls are up and the area down a bit is more than halfway done. to my surprise moss had started growing inside. i have not breached a cavern yet and have no idea how it start to grow. so uh here's a pic

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
if you want i can upload the save as well

It's a Vanilla 'bug'. I've had this happen multiple times before, with no real connection. Sand, dirt, clay floors, evil, good, neutral biomes, etc. Not sure what triggers it... make sure you don't start any fire, though. ;)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: January 25, 2013, 05:50:44 pm »

on stonesense with 64bit linux:
i use ubuntu and it didnt load at first, but putting a copy of a 32bit libjpeg into stonesense/deplibs and naming it libjpeg.so.62 fixes it
That is normal on 64bit Linux.
Stonesense requires some 32bit libs to run, only the allegro libs are included because a lot of distros don't have them available.
Some like 32bit OpenGL support for graphics cards can't be included at all because it is different for every system.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Genesis92x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: January 25, 2013, 05:51:44 pm »

Hey guys!

I love this mod(s), they have all rekindled my love for Dwarf Fortress ^_^

I feel silly however, I can't seem to find the "Building Guide" that tells me what each building requires to be constructed? Could anyone point it out for me? I looked at the help guide to no avail :(

Thank you!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: January 25, 2013, 05:55:45 pm »

The game tells you if you try to make the building without the prerequisites.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: January 25, 2013, 06:03:14 pm »

@thistleknot: No. A HARDER option, yes. An EASIER one? No.

@gotdamnmiracle: download, unpack, play. No changes to normal DF. If you want to run the Settings, you need mono+wine, but I dont know how exactly a Mac works, since I never used one. So... wait for someone that plays Masterwork on Mac to help you.

@Chiasm: Its a bug, I accidently removed the building-id from the efficient steel making in the crucible

@rest: Maybe golems are overpowered? They actually should be able to bleed to death... using hydraulical fluid as blood. Seemingly that doesnt happen, I think I have to nerf them a bit more. Maybe adding a "brain" that instakills when destryoed.

Bit late to reply, but about golems - I've seen golems die only when their head is taken off generally. Only thing I've seen do that, is a Red Dragon or such 'mega beast'.

I've NEVER seen one die from hydraulic issues. Brain might fix it, if it's not too easily hit (dunno how their 'armor' works for deflects like a dwarf wearing a helm would :P).

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: January 25, 2013, 06:54:08 pm »

Does the 50% learning speed penalty from "Harder Learning" stack with the Savant "Slow Learning" to make them even slower, or does "Harder Learning" just bring normal dorfs down to Savant learning?

I know I could test this quite easily, but I keep forgetting.
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 749