Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837979 times)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Instant Update for smake :P
« Reply #8205 on: January 06, 2013, 08:18:08 pm »

In the masterwork settings there is an option for grazing.  However when I click it nothing changes from Yes to No or back to Yes.  Its just a button that I have no idea what I'm clicking.  In fact I've clicked it a few times now.  Is there a manual way I can look at the DF settings to see if grazing is active?

Ardantus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: January 06, 2013, 08:37:58 pm »

In the masterwork settings there is an option for grazing.  However when I click it nothing changes from Yes to No or back to Yes.  Its just a button that I have no idea what I'm clicking.  In fact I've clicked it a few times now.  Is there a manual way I can look at the DF settings to see if grazing is active?

Yes, use a text editor (notepad++ is my personal choice) and open the creature_domestic file in your raws, and look for the line YES[GRAZER:number] if it says this, grazing is enabled, however I think the grazing button might be broken in the settings. Meph would have to confirm this

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: January 06, 2013, 08:40:57 pm »

meph already said the button is just a placeholder =D

@meph - you really should have added a tooltip or something saying that it doesn't do anything right now though =P
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:46 pm »

Oh meph, I was wondering what the "grazer" button in the settings does? :D :D
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8209 on: January 06, 2013, 08:47:01 pm »

I forgot about it, because I released insantly after smake posted here. I mentioned in a PM to him, that I will get soooooo much spam about this. But really, the very first sentence in the release post says: There is a button. It does nothing atm. ^^ Grazing is only enabled for a few domestic animals, with a very low amount of grazing. I planned on improving on this, but was cut short :P Well, cut myself short.

@dogs: When I deleted Pet Turtles, dogs bit the dust as well. I put them back in.

@Automatons: Yep, it was the Giants. Both entities had perfectly opposing ethics, the Giants just wiped the Automatons out every time.

@molay: It does install BnkBstr.exe on your machine and steals you credit card information. But only on yours... for all others: The button doesnt do anything.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: January 06, 2013, 08:52:28 pm »

@molay: It does install BnkBstr.exe on your machine and steals you credit card information. But only on yours... for all others: The button doesnt do anything.

Oh. Well that's a relief. I feared it was some sort of psychological experiment. Or you wanted to know the exact number of people who don't read the release notes. Glad it's nothing of the sort then! Also, careful when using the credit card information you find, those aren't mine. Found them on some weird modders hard drive when having a looksy around the place ;)
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8211 on: January 06, 2013, 08:58:15 pm »

So I should cancel the boat I ordered ?  :o
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: January 06, 2013, 09:00:46 pm »

do you think you'll release those fixes etc anytime soon? i want to start a new fortress but i also want to have surviving automatons and dogs and i'm skeptical about my ability to fix that stuff myself =P
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: January 06, 2013, 09:18:58 pm »

So I should cancel the boat I ordered ?  :o

Nah go ahead, I'm just a collector, not a criminal :p

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: January 06, 2013, 09:46:31 pm »

Now that I know that slag was intended to slow down smelting, I'm happy with the way it was.  But I do prefer the smaller slag pits in "D". 

Funny thing though, I forgot to embark with an anvil so made one in the smelter.  They made it out of slag!  Unfortunately, it can't actually be used as an anvil because it isn't fire safe.  lol

Urist McUristson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: January 06, 2013, 09:48:26 pm »

Hullo.   It seems to me that war unicorns are not able to be healed in the war-beast kennels.  The elephants and other various creatures I had pastured there were though.  I've had it going on repeating heal for five min or so and no dice.  Was steel clad Mastiffs also but after ten min or so one of them healed. Perhaps just bad luck with them breathing the mist.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:53:30 pm by Urist McUristson »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8216 on: January 06, 2013, 09:56:43 pm »

@Urist McUristson: They should... but I think broken bones wont heal, because they need to be set... I cant simulate this with modding.

@Thudde: I thought that that might happen. Will be fixed.

@sayke: I wont do an update for such minor things. Just do a short history and take mastiffs.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: January 06, 2013, 10:05:42 pm »

I cant seem to download the new DF. anybody else getting this? i tried it on chrome and on explorer.

Edit: i seem to be able to download other files from the site. just not the new masterwork. anybody else?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:23:31 pm by moisesjns »

Zhukov5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: January 06, 2013, 10:15:56 pm »

Sometimes I get just slag, and other times I get slag with a quality modifier.  I have gotten one worth 4560 Dwarfbucks which I traded to a caravan.

This seems not to be as planned.  Slag was meant to be an annoyance, not free money.

Also if you give your Militia Commander an axe and turn on tree cutting labor, he can't wait to get out of his armor when not on station.  Are these jobs not compatible?

ImmortalBrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: January 06, 2013, 10:17:52 pm »

the "unmoveable" turrets and landmines... ehm... just pasture them, dwarves will move them.
Woops, totally forgot about that :). Thank you for reminding me.

I am starting right now a new fort in order to test new glass+runes.

P.S. I am actually glad that my reports serve a purpose :D. I feel myself useful now.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 749