Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835180 times)

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just found out about the system of armor upgrading. I have to say: Simply great. I cant wait for my dwarfs steamrolling over the next goblin invasion. Makes military equipping really nice.

Also:

Am I correct? The dwarven-made plate stuff is better than the human made plate?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone else problems with squads not picking up ammunition? I checked and double-checked all assigned weapons, ammunition and the actual equipment. But the ammunition stays on the stockpile. Still 1.4.1, though, but I had the same problem in 1.4.0.
Let me guess, you are using one of the two awesome new bolts (stone or gems)?
In that case, you need to add new ammo, they are called rock tip bolts and gem tip bolts, both in the "(foreign)" part of the list.

As for the other ammunitions, it's the same, roughly, try to deactivate the ammunitions you can't use.

In 1.2, I had rare cases where my hunter would take bolas and a crossbow and then complain about not having ammunition, and not changing it either.

Basically, make sure:
1. They have the weapon and a quiver.
2. They have orders to take the right ammunitions for the weapon, and that only.
3. They can access those ammunitions (burrows, doors/bridges, etc).

If they still refuse to take ammunitions, then order them (s menu, them "m"ove works great), then cancel when they are all on positions, and after a minute order them again.
This should fix it, or at least it was the hardest I needed to try to get them pick stuff up.

@Vherid: don't take this bad, but your whole post seems like "I don't really like your work, but can I make a review of it? Oh, and the graphics everyone says it takes ages to change, I'll make it even not knowing how for now, should not be hard anyway."
I hope I have completely missed the whole point in the post though, because it feels insulting to the people having investing lots of time in it, to the people using it, and to yourself altogether.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

So, I typically find tetrahedrite(I have never found another ore of iron) in odd layers, at least compared to regular DF.

For instance, in my current embark, I found tetrahedrite in marble, instead of the limestone 5 Z-lvs above it. Unless...that's supposed to happen, but taking a peek at the wiki, I believe tetrahedrite is available only in sedimentary layers.

Either way, I have never found a source of coke nor a different source of iron. Might be worth taking a look at, as I've seen similar comments earlier in this thread.

Also, it seems that whenever I embark on a map with flux, Flux is always the FIRST stone layer, with usually another layer of flux deeper down. I don't recall that ever happening in regular DF either, but then again, I usually didn't get steel production in regular.

"Edit" Suggestion: Would it be possible to add a search function for surfaced magma pipes, but NOT volcanoes? I know those used to exist in the old world gen, and it was possible to find them by editing the init a bit. I want this because volcanoes just have waaaay too many Z-lvs for me to be comfortable with, along with the extra challenge/!fun! of having magma lava immediately available.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:19:09 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

persay
"per se", please.

(Why people insist on using latin words they can't spell/understand is beyond me. It gets annoying to read, like the other gem "mustof" for "must've" that's also spreading like a disease, and I'm not even a native english speaker.)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

@Vherid: don't take this bad, but your whole post seems like "I don't really like your work, but can I make a review of it? Oh, and the graphics everyone says it takes ages to change, I'll make it even not knowing how for now, should not be hard anyway."
I hope I have completely missed the whole point in the post though, because it feels insulting to the people having investing lots of time in it, to the people using it, and to yourself altogether.

Yeah you did, but never mind.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:21:57 pm by Vherid »

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I typically find tetrahedrite(I have never found another ore of iron) in odd layers, at least compared to regular DF.

For instance, in my current embark, I found tetrahedrite in marble, instead of the limestone 5 Z-lvs above it. Unless...that's supposed to happen, but taking a peek at the wiki, I believe tetrahedrite is available only in sedimentary layers.

Either way, I have never found a source of coke nor a different source of iron. Might be worth taking a look at, as I've seen similar comments earlier in this thread.

Also, it seems that whenever I embark on a map with flux, Flux is always the FIRST stone layer, with usually another layer of flux deeper down. I don't recall that ever happening in regular DF either, but then again, I usually didn't get steel production in regular.

"Edit" Suggestion: Would it be possible to add a search function for surfaced magma pipes, but NOT volcanoes? I know those used to exist in the old world gen, and it was possible to find them by editing the init a bit. I want this because volcanoes just have waaaay too many Z-lvs for me to be comfortable with, along with the extra challenge/!fun! of having magma lava immediately available.

I posted earlier about never finding sources of coke like lignite or coal. I was also embarking on volcano maps. It seems like they don't generate in volcanic zones? Probably not a glitch and just how it's supposed to be, at least that's what I'm assuming since I randomly tried out probably 10-20 forts on volcanoes and never found them. But if I embark pretty much in any other place away from them, I find a ridiculous amount.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Hm, maybe its the flux? I always start with Flux, multiple shallow/deep metals, and sometimes a river. I know one time, in a forest(or some biome that has a dirt top layer) had a flux stone at the surface. There was no dirt, but thankfully the nearby river solved that problem.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

English is a shitty language.
If you mean internet english, I wholeheartedly agree with you :P . Proper english especially of the Shakespeare era is fantastic and has a richer vocabulary than most contemporary languages, but it doesn't get much use.

I wish Ancient Greek was still the business language like under the Roman Empire, he he. Then the common language would all make us smarter through its subtleties rather than increasing the general dumbass-level.

/totally off-topic (sorry)

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile

Wow Meph, I had not seen any of your work here until just now.
I haven't actually played around with this thing yet, but the mention of landmines and turrets and other crazyness really piques my interest.

Good to see you really made great use of my contribution of code and expanded on things amazingly for this. This may be the first large-scale mod I give a good try. I'll tell you how playing it goes (After I update my own pack.... )
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow Meph, I had not seen any of your work here until just now.
I haven't actually played around with this thing yet, but the mention of landmines and turrets and other crazyness really piques my interest.

Good to see you really made great use of my contribution of code and expanded on things amazingly for this. This may be the first large-scale mod I give a good try. I'll tell you how playing it goes (After I update my own pack.... )

I think the real strength of the mod is that it's all optional. Customize as you like and each person has their own tailored game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@Well, Ranik, you cant know it, but the very person you told this, is the author of the original code I used to make the GUI/Settings.exe. :)

@lucasUP: Thanks again for the code. Most stuff is based upon the code for changing the aquifer, since I knew this must edit raws, so why not edit them a bit more ? I hope you like the mod and await your feedback. But dont ask for the sourcecode, you would be struck down instantly if you open it. ;)

@vherid and the rest: Wtf is going on here ? Care to send me a PM, since I have no clue what you guys were up to in the first place.

About the flux/coal: Do you guys use the preset worlds I made, or the normal worldgen ? Because the normal worldgen is unsuitable, since the mineral settings cant be set high enough.

CHANGELOG for today:
 - Fixed landmine movement
 - Fixed turret movement
 - Fixed rope reed rope reaction.
 - Made secrets rarer
 - Zombie bites should only transform bitten dwarves now.
 - Gave picks back to automatons, they should have access to materials now
 - Removed pyromancer caste from warlocks. Did burn down their own invasion force.
 - Fixed swamp whiskey brewing
 - Fixed leftover ink on scriptorium
 - Removed the three "rip item" reactions
 - Raised the value for blood slightly
- Added reaction to extract blood from animal parts and corpses
 - Added reaction to brew bloodwine, from blood

The last part is a big change. Before you could only make booze from plants, nothing else. Now you can make booze from butchered animals OR killed animals/invaders. Goblin Blood Wine anyone ? (will be shown as "blood wine" ingame, since I like generic mats) Best of all: The new reactions for this dont require a new building. Extract blood is in the kitchen, distill bloodwine is in the still, and season bloodwine is in the brewery :)

EDIT: Since I am in a good mood here you go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60111839/objects.rar Just copy this in the raws and gen a new world.

My good mood is based upon this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PS: This happened while testing:
Next thing I will try to do is a Shapeshifter unit. Is quite high on the poll, and since I have no idea what RawMagic should do so far (open for ideas) I will make a good/evil shapeshifting reactions. Turn into a demon OR an angel for a short time. Maybe a month ? Enough to sent you last remaining soldier to it, become an Angel of Vengeance and make a last stand to protect the sealed in dwarves in the dining room. Something like that. It will not be a new Caste with a shapeshifting ability, but a reaction that can transform any dwarf for a short time.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:22:42 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think for raw magic, it should just be untamed power, possibly a focus on area and breath attacks, with randomized effects.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

I wouldn't worry about it, I had ideas on how to expand some workshops further, fix some redundancies, maybe some other things and maybe get the ASCII working for you, that I like a lot of the mod but now theres a few things I don't like so I don't really know if I'm going to use it at this point, and I knew it would be taken in a way where I'm some douche coming in and trying to hijack your mod or something, so I lost that motivation. Don't worry about it.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't worry about it, I had ideas on how to expand some workshops further, fix some redundancies, maybe some other things and maybe get the ASCII working for you, that I like a lot of the mod but now theres a few things I don't like so I don't really know if I'm going to use it at this point, and I knew it would be taken in a way where I'm some douche coming in and trying to hijack your mod or something, so I lost that motivation. Don't worry about it.

ignore the people who don't understand that someone can not like something, and still judge it fairly. (i know right? impossible!  :o)

anyways, i would say pointing out what you don't like may help the mod's thread a lot more than hurt it.

Executer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in year 3 or 4 after embark, and I've just noticed that one of my dwarves is laying unconcious in bed, with a leg missing and almsot every body part wounded yellow.  He's also wearing over 10 pages of rings/amulets/etc.
I can't get my doctor to examine him, for whatever reason, and there is no combat log of him ever sustaining those injuries.
I'm also not sure if its a bug in Masterwork, or in dwarf fort in general; I can't find any posting of it elsewhere (though the search function is rather terrible)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:28:35 am by Executer »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 749