Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835144 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He may be a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I had ideas on how to expand some workshops further, fix some redundancies,
Well, I am all ears for those.

Also, major changes:

- Added soap to tradegoods/embark.
 - Generic fluids, ichor, blood, milk and pus! (troll still blue, warlock still purple, insects still white)
   This only changed the names. No more "pool of stoguslop bodskins blood". Now only: pool of blood.
   I left "race blood" in, so people can see the difference between "dwarf blood" and "goblin blood" ;)
 - Generic silk!. Only three types now:
   - Silk. Standart.
   - Rare Silk. Found in deeper caverns, twice the value
   - Soul webs/silk. Found only in hell. worth a lot.
 - Renamed hair to wool. (wool thread, wool robe and so on)
 - Fixed boiling iridium (value was so high, it was registered as negative again)
 - Added boozebelly goat. Milk it, make cheese, ferment the cheese to booze. Second alternate way of alcohol making.
 - Added custom boozebelly goat sprite.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Buffbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One small oddity in the creature_standard.txt for 1.5.1.  It seems female necro's, holy's, necrofighter's and holyfighter's are missing the [SLOW_LEARNER] tag, while the males all have it.  Not sure how I ended up noticing this little detail.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Found something:

Tanner - "Make Bone Studs" also takes your bone crossbows/throwers and makes bone studs out of them.

Nicht wirklich im Sinne des Erfinders, oder? ;)
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Demata

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey guys, i really love the mod, most fun i've ever had with DF :D

I have a couple questions, messing with the warlocks in adventure mode, are the spells you start with ( like ice, acid etc) supposed to hit the tile you're standing on, thus start melting you as well? Or am i doing something wrong?

Also, i can't seem to get the animate corpse spell to work, i highlight a corpse but nothing i press seems to confirm it to animate :(.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember there being a mod or something (maybe it was vanilla) which allowed you to "Hive" Spiders. It makes silk farms a little more easier that way...

Any chance???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About the flux/coal: Do you guys use the preset worlds I made, or the normal worldgen ? Because the normal worldgen is unsuitable, since the mineral settings cant be set high enough.

I always embarked using the custom set profiles. But every single time I embarked on a volcano, which is literally at least 20 or so random forts, I was never able to run into coal or lignite or any other form of fuel. However, still using your custom world gen profiles, if I embark absolutely anywhere else, coal, lignite, etc... is very abundant.

Even in the generic DF world generation I can find coal and lignite (haven't tried on a volcano because of the low frequency at which they spawn). I'm just thinking it's because if there is high volcanism or something it eliminates the generation of lignite and fuel sources. I'm just going completely off of assumption here, I have no proof other than I have never encountered them in at least 20 forts on volcanoes.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About the flux/coal: Do you guys use the preset worlds I made, or the normal worldgen ? Because the normal worldgen is unsuitable, since the mineral settings cant be set high enough.

I always embarked using the custom set profiles. But every single time I embarked on a volcano, which is literally at least 20 or so random forts, I was never able to run into coal or lignite or any other form of fuel. However, still using your custom world gen profiles, if I embark absolutely anywhere else, coal, lignite, etc... is very abundant.

Even in the generic DF world generation I can find coal and lignite (haven't tried on a volcano because of the low frequency at which they spawn). I'm just thinking it's because if there is high volcanism or something it eliminates the generation of lignite and fuel sources. I'm just going completely off of assumption here, I have no proof other than I have never encountered them in at least 20 forts on volcanoes.

I am also a "volcano embarker" and i can confirm that there is no coal near them (ever).

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think this is in the manual, I was looking in the materials part.

What is iridium best used for? I saw you can weave clothes out of it if you extract strands, weave to cloth, make clothes but is it better than steel for weapons and armour as well? I assume it's better than leather for my padded mittens, hood, shirt combo.  I always have a few bars left lying around and have never actually got round to using it for anything. It's the one bad thing about Masterwork, too much to do at once!  ;D

+1 to not finding coal/lignite near volcanoes yet. I have found hematite in addition to tetrahedrite for iron production though. But I've never found it a big deal, means you actually have to venture outside your fort for stuff until you feel safe breaching the first cavern or get tree farms on the go. And with up to four caravans a year that's quite a lot of wood.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am also a "volcano embarker" and i can confirm that there is no coal near them (ever).

It's unfortunate since a lot of things require "refined coal" as part of the actual reaction, so embarking in places without trees kind of suck, gotta try to tree farm if possible and that will take quite a while to build up enough wood for reactions etc.. It's still possible but very inefficient with my experiences (at least in the beginning, compared to embarking on a pretty forested area). Unfortunately I don't think Meph can do much about not finding lignite or coal if this is a hardcoded feature to world gen.

Maybe it's better that way (balance stuff), but yeah, it sucks ;p
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:16:45 am by Seraphyx »

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's unfortunate since a lot of things require "refined coal" as part of the actual reaction, so embarking in places without trees kind of suck, gotta try to tree farm if possible and that will take quite a while to build up enough wood for reactions etc.. It's still possible but very inefficient with my experiences (at least in the beginning, compared to embarking on a pretty forested area). Unfortunately I don't think Meph can do much about not finding lignite or coal if this is a hardcoded edition to world gen.

Maybe it's better that way (balance stuff), but yeah, it sucks ;p

I like it that way. You get magma near the surface but have to trade for coal or use trees. Would be boring if every embark were the same, no? ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:37:03 am by Nimrod »

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@slay_mythos: Tried all that already.

Let me guess, you are using one of the two awesome new bolts (stone or gems)?
In that case, you need to add new ammo, they are called rock tip bolts and gem tip bolts, both in the "(foreign)" part of the list.
Already done, did not work.
As for the other ammunitions, it's the same, roughly, try to deactivate the ammunitions you can't use.
Already done, did not work.
Basically, make sure:
1. They have the weapon and a quiver.
2. They have orders to take the right ammunitions for the weapon, and that only.
3. They can access those ammunitions (burrows, doors/bridges, etc).
Already checked, and they are not complaining.
If they still refuse to take ammunitions, then order them (s menu, them "m"ove works great), then cancel when they are all on positions, and after a minute order them again.
This should fix it, or at least it was the hardest I needed to try to get them pick stuff up.
Tried that before. Nothing.

I noticed: Their are only two stacks of rocktip bolts / bin. Maybe the dimension of these things is to big for a quiver?

Edit: Also its is not this bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1374
I changed the default Archer profile from individual choice ranged weapon to crossbows.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:19:56 am by mglarev »

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What the hell? :D

I've got a suggestion: Could you add a reaction to just boil eggs in the kitchen, to make them edible without creating meals of some kind?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:27:23 am by CheatingChicken »

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Also its is not this bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1374
I changed the default Archer profile from individual choice ranged weapon to crossbows.

Dont use the standard profile (my dwarfs tend to ignore changes i make there half of the time).
NEVER put bolts in a bin - this is a DF vanilla bug (if it was ever fixed i stand corrected)

try that -> profit!

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dont use the standard profile (my dwarfs tend to ignore changes i make there half of the time).
NEVER put bolts in a bin - this is a DF vanilla bug (if it was ever fixed i stand corrected)

try that -> profit!

This bug? http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3106
Should be fixed, but I will try that when I am home again.

- Renamed hair to wool. (wool thread, wool robe and so on)
Thats good. I always found that creepy.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:33:22 am by mglarev »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 749