Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835021 times)

Buffbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1845 on: March 02, 2012, 10:07:50 pm »

Possible idea for simplifying the Guildhall (Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread if it came up already)

What about dropping the permit items all together and just have the reaction cost a baseline 1x(500) coin?  Would add more weight to the system by paying to improve each dwarf, rather than just an entry fee to unlimited fast learners.  Also would remove the one-time use reactions for those that don't understand how the guildhall works yet.

Also, any thoughts on expanding the number of guild choices, maybe by specializing some of current ones and covering skills not used by the current guilds?   For instance adding a farmer-based guild, or cooking/brewing-guild?  Maybe specialized military choice for close combat and ranged combat?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:35 pm »

Buffbot, ill be nice and save Meph some time. (though hell probably respond anyway)

the many reactions that take 1 reagent, then infinite stuff, are implemented as such due to the fact that the boiling stone trick doesn't work 100%

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 02, 2012, 10:20:46 pm »

Well judging from my posts it looks like it took about 6 hours. Granted I knew nothing about all the information in there so I had to kind of learn as I was doing it. It shouldn't be too much work just to add the values but I'd say it would probably take at least an hour more or less. I still don't know what the values mean though. I'd say 90% of them have a value of 2 or 3, I don't recall seeing anything higher. I don't know what that 2 and 3 mean though.

That's a fair bit of work and it's quite appreciated!

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Crops not sure how they extract that information or if that is manually done as well, but from what I've understood better value means it will bring more happiness to your dwarves as they eat/drink it? Thus you'd want to produce your top value crops that you have access to while still keeping a variety of stuff so they don't grow bored of the same old booze/food or have I misunderstood this whole system?

I guess if it's only for the purpose of seeing which has a higher value it can work. I just didn't know what exactly a value of 2 means compared to a value of 3 (aside from the fact that the 3 just means it's higher). I'm assuming they're modifiers for the actual value (if you were to sell it). Either way I guess I can add that to it eventually but like I said almost all of them are equal value so you probably aren't losing out on much.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1848 on: March 02, 2012, 10:36:03 pm »

Yes, sure I'll answer ;)

The values for the plants are base values. Every item takes these and multiplies them. If the plant if worth 3, the alcohol will be worth 3*10 normaly, if the brewer is good and makes masterworks, it is a lot higher, but I cant tell you from memory how much each is. This makes lavish meals so expensive, they take 4 items-stacks. W*X*Y*Z=Value of food.

And yeah, I'd love to change the guildhall, petarmory, golem forge and temples/altars. But sometimes the boiling stone/gas is breathed in at the first try, sometimes not for 10. I cant possibly make people sacrifice something everys time, hoping for luck. I already upped the density to create more gas, but other modders have the same problem.

@FFlaguna: Three hours ? ;) More 3-5 days ;) And no, we are currently looking for a yacht to take us with them. A little trip to the Club Nautilus de Cartagena is planned for tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:00:28 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Buffbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 02, 2012, 11:00:23 pm »

@Bombzero and Meph

Ah, gotcha.  Thanks for the reply.  I knew I'd missed something earlier in the thread.

So many quirks to modding it seems.  I'm a bit shocked more modders don't get fey moods and end up going berserk.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 02, 2012, 11:06:00 pm »

But sometimes the boiling stone/gas is breathed in at the first try, sometimes not for 10. I cant possibly make people sacrifice something everys time, hoping for luck.

Come over to the dark side.  ;)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 02, 2012, 11:37:46 pm »

@Bombzero and Meph

Ah, gotcha.  Thanks for the reply.  I knew I'd missed something earlier in the thread.

So many quirks to modding it seems.  I'm a bit shocked more modders don't get fey moods and end up going berserk.

I don't personally understand modding all the way myself, but toady made it quite easy to do what the Raws do allow, it is however quite difficult to do what they don't allow.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1852 on: March 03, 2012, 12:55:06 am »

Nothing is impossible :P Even it is a horribly convoluted workaround requiering a ton of work, to make something totally minor. Thats the dwarven way ;)

@narhiril: Maybe... can you confirm anything about boiling stones with higher density/mass creating more gas, creating a higher chance of infection ?

I got some stuff done btw, here the newer additions, mostly random stuff, to pass the time while testing slaves at the same time.

- Added bars, blocks and gems as options to the loading/unloading stations.
 - Fixed the brewing of pig tail ale (now properly called ale, not "drink")
 - Added reaction to cut normal leather into 3 thinner/weaker parts.
 - Added reaction to create a bone throne to craftsman. Just for flavor.
 - Converted all reaction in the Stonecutter to the Stonecraft skill. (was stonecraft, mechanic and mason)
 - Added reaction to create a boulder from a block.
 - Added reaction to make tallow/wax candles in craftsman. No use as of yet, but high value tradegood.
 - Fixed blueprints/plans appearing as random toys/crafts.
 - Added all jobs back to automaton entity file. Hopefully they can now forge again.
 - Added reaction to press coke into diamonds to screw press. Yes, dwarves are that strong.
 - Added reaction to make rope out of rope reed.

(the blueprints have been crafted, because simple trading removes all toys, but the vanilla: create toy reaction is still there. Since the game cant find the entity specific toys (there are none) it takes a random selection, among them the blueprints.)

(automatons seem to lose in worldgen since they are UNARMED. I gave them custom weapons, but they cant make them, because I removed some necessary labors accidentaly. Lets hope they arrive armed now)

(slave testing is slow, since I have to breed them. 1-2 years every test run.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:57:35 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 03, 2012, 01:02:45 am »

For the slave testing can't you just lower how long they take to breed purely for testing purposes? Or temporarily modify things to speed up the process. If they act how you want them to just bump up the values to what you normally want them to be and release ;p

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1854 on: March 03, 2012, 01:25:04 am »

I can mod how fast the grow up, but now how fast they got offspring. Only how much... not when.

I also added this:
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_COPPER]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_TIN]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_BRONZE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_SILVER]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_GOLD]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_IRON]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_ALUMINUM]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_PLATINUM]

Take 3 ores to the crucible, hammer it into a metal bar. needs no fuel, but has a bad ratio, 3:1, instead of 1:1 and 1 fuel. Lets see how balanced that is in the end.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: March 03, 2012, 01:51:02 am »

I like it, setting up a copper industry in a haunted desert with no fuel is now possible!!! for some reason...

on the topic of the boiling stone thing, i started a suggestion thread about adding direct syndromes to workshops.. its worth a shot  :-\

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1856 on: March 03, 2012, 02:23:30 am »

@Meph
Are you trying the effects of NON-MAIN RACE slaves? or are you going with my research thus far?

Also I see you added tallow/was candles, would you also like to have my paper making/ink/acid industry aswell? Made it as close as I could to RL standards

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 03, 2012, 03:53:17 am »

One of the dwarves I embarked with is apparently a legendary druid, should I be worried about this or can I count on him to not do anything to get me killed?

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 03, 2012, 04:00:51 am »

One of the dwarves I embarked with is apparently a legendary druid, should I be worried about this or can I count on him to not do anything to get me killed?

Dude, this is Dwarf Fortress. Of course he'll get you killed.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 03, 2012, 04:11:18 am »

Dude, this is Dwarf Fortress. Of course he'll get you killed.

Well yes, but I mean if he's going to do something ridiculous to get me killed within the first year because he resurrects/summons all sorts of nasty stuff there's little point to continue the fort. Either I kill him or just start a new one.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 749