Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835029 times)

Poch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1815 on: March 02, 2012, 02:41:40 pm »

Yes, it's pretty awesome and you're doing great work IMHO. Very impressive for only 2 months of existence. I thought this mod was way older !

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1816 on: March 02, 2012, 02:46:25 pm »

Thanks guys 8)   

Yeah, this mod is new and the very first mod I did for DF ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 02, 2012, 02:52:48 pm »

What exactly did you do here? I am now in my second winter and my dwarves start multiplying. But not like dwarves should, theyre multiplying like rabbits. I have had 20 babies from my 90 dwarves, this season alone.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 02, 2012, 03:01:49 pm »

meph - i just wanted to let you know that cafe fungus still seems to be dropping red slime, which i thought you mentioned fixing. also, why not bundle quickfort, legendsviewer, etc? you've bundled all kinds of other great tools =)

and i'd like to second all concerned by saying that this is the best DF mod out there. it's awesome, and i sincerely sincerely hope you keep maintaining it! thank you and absolutely all the best -
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1819 on: March 02, 2012, 03:10:18 pm »

:)

I wrote in the changelog that I fixed it with a TESTING behind it. I honestly have no idea why it is still red, I know this issue of course. I changed all the colors, even made a special template for it, so it does not use the stone template... still, it's red.  I just opened a little thread about it, since I cant seem to find the fault in it. Guess a fresh pair of eyes is needed.

It is being maintained, working on a 34.04 version right now :)

@cheatingchicken: Nothing really. Kids grow up faster (5 years) but dwarves give the same amount of births. BUT with the new historical migrants a lot more families show up.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 02, 2012, 03:37:59 pm »

Brewing pig tails really produce nameless drink.
By the way is there any fix for ghost you can't put to rest? I think they are the reason my fps dropped to 40.

Spoonz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 02, 2012, 03:41:54 pm »

Im trying to play adventure mode with this mod, yet lairs always cause a crash? Is there a known cause/solution for this issue?

Great mod by the way.

EDIT: Hmm, appears to be an issue with the Garden of Gaia map.
EDIT2: And the desert map Scorching Shiv. The good biome map caused no problems.
EDIT3: Looks as tho its proberly a bug from vanilla
EDIT4: Actually no, that bug is meant to have been resolved for 34.02
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:19:35 pm by Spoonz »

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 02, 2012, 04:13:14 pm »

What exactly did you do here? I am now in my second winter and my dwarves start multiplying. But not like dwarves should, theyre multiplying like rabbits. I have had 20 babies from my 90 dwarves, this season alone.

In the new version many of your immigrants are already married with someone in your fort, thus they start the making babies right away. Earlier they had to somehow get married first (which was rather rare), then start making babies.

Apparently dwarves don't have pre-marital sex. Odd, considering their short, dangerous, booze-filled lifestyles.

HeshieokFasla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 02, 2012, 05:17:43 pm »

Hi, I've been making use of this mod for awhile, though I'm not completely sure about the 'Simple Minerals' option that can be chosen.

Would anyone be able to clarify which specific metals stop showing up when it's enabled?

I only ask because I've had significant difficulty in finding Zinc and Nickel ores. Are those removed?

just to clarify on simple minerals. it does NOT remove any metals from the game to my knowledge, it simply removes ores that are essentially 'duplicates' of each other.

I started a new world, and started messing about. However, despite obliterating a number of Gabbro layers, I still found no nickel. So I looked in the raws...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Both Sphalerite and Garnierite are removed. Considering the "Simple Minerals" option should only remove duplicates, like Limonite and Horn Silver as seen in the above option, those two ores should NOT be taken out of the game, as the absense of them makes a number of alloys, especially in nickel's case, inacessible. Hopefully this is addressed for the next versions. Oh well... Time to generate a new world, I guess...

On a separate note, how I haven't noticed any information in the manual (which is pretty much impossible to navigate through...) explaining how good the newer metals are. I know that Wolfram is supposed to be a dense weapon metal, and Mithril is a light one, but how do they compare to say, Titianium, Cobalt, Stainless Steel and the vanilla metals?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:21:24 pm by HeshieokFasla »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1824 on: March 02, 2012, 05:39:39 pm »

Considering the "Simple Minerals" option should only remove duplicates
No one ever claimed/said that.

It removes reduntant features, like non-weapon grade metals no one needs, like tin, nickel, lead, zinc...

If you find the manual to be impossible to read, do you have a better idea, how to structure it ?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: March 02, 2012, 05:58:33 pm »

why do you need all the decorative metals? still have silver and gold, everything else is weapons grade i think, works for me.

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: March 02, 2012, 06:25:31 pm »

Eh... actually tin needs for bronze, and bronze needs for metallurgist. And you need metallurgist to make sterling silver for furnace operators tickets for guild. Reconsider this please.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:27:25 pm by afftor »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: March 02, 2012, 06:26:58 pm »

hang on... i have made bronze bars in this version of masterwork with simple minerals on. must leave tin in i suppose.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: March 02, 2012, 06:34:13 pm »

@seraphyx: Wow, nice list. Did you use a program to read it out ?

EDIT: Just noticed that the mod is 2 months old now... 6500 downloads, 1800 replies, 43.000 views. :)

Just notepad. Someone much smarter or more clever may have found an easier and more automated way of doing it but I pretty much went through everything manually and copied it over.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 02, 2012, 06:34:26 pm »

It is still possible to make bronze, the metallurgist and sterling silver with 'Simple Minerals' turned on.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 749