Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834961 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1875 on: March 03, 2012, 01:09:05 pm »

Are you meant to be able to butcher goblin remains? Also I think someone else mentioned this but turtle shells are being tanned into leather.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 03, 2012, 01:27:59 pm »

On the topic of guilds - if you're having difficulty getting dwarves to join a guild, check they have the appropriate labour enabled. I can't remember what they are off the top of my head, so it maybe worth checking in the reactions_masterwork raw if it's not in the manual. Also only regular caste dwarves can join guilds in 1.4, may no longer be the case in 1.4.1.

I'm still planning to do some info charts, so maybe I'll do one on guilds. Not for a while though.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: March 03, 2012, 01:47:36 pm »

shell tanned?
That explains why one of my moody couldn't get his hands on one even by having an indoor place I store them and plenty turtle cleaned already...
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

SecondBreakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: March 03, 2012, 01:53:31 pm »

I dunno if anyone else has noticed this:

Automaton ambushes give the "Curse all friends of nature!" message, kind of strange.
I've got an "Apostel of Armok" hanging around outside the fortress. All else aside, it's "Apostle".

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 03, 2012, 02:07:31 pm »

meph may i suggest not giving dwaves any kind of fire mages/necromancers/etc etc. aka ones that kill your dwarfs as much as the enemy.

i do like the idea of having one caste that trains in a schools of magic, makes it so the player chooses. and you can keep the dangerous casters.

it just that right now i have to either atom smash druids, or send them against an 100 strong siege of humans... which one of them survived btw.

he killed the human who ran out in front, raised him, the two of them killed another 3, who got raised as well. then they slaughtered one other, who got all of his pieces raised.
so to sum it up, if a druid strikes first, he strikes last.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: March 03, 2012, 02:26:47 pm »

alright, got a golem heart form the dark elves, yay!

readsomewhere. makem into a squad and you can tell them where to go.. excellent...

went ahead and made 10 mithril golems.. ready for some head smashing...

oh .. -another- wave of dark stranglers... go on boys! (and probably girls!) skillless immigrants.. new defense!!

enemy breaches the edge of my fortress.. my golems scatter to the wind leaving trails of urine and the stench of cowardice

>> 1.41 version... - doing a .. lets check and see if someone else posts the same problem, and possibly a solution!.. cause ive always wanted to make golems (not cowards.. got plenty of those in the fort) to guard restricted areas...

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 03, 2012, 02:58:23 pm »

alright, got a golem heart form the dark elves, yay!

readsomewhere. makem into a squad and you can tell them where to go.. excellent...

went ahead and made 10 mithril golems.. ready for some head smashing...

oh .. -another- wave of dark stranglers... go on boys! (and probably girls!) skillless immigrants.. new defense!!

enemy breaches the edge of my fortress.. my golems scatter to the wind leaving trails of urine and the stench of cowardice

>> 1.41 version... - doing a .. lets check and see if someone else posts the same problem, and possibly a solution!.. cause ive always wanted to make golems (not cowards.. got plenty of those in the fort) to guard restricted areas...

Same thing here ... my golem runs back to mommydwarf as soon as the enemy shows up....
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 03, 2012, 03:05:29 pm »

So, I'm not quite sure if this has already been brought up before, but I found something rather odd just now. A group of 7~ Armored horses came onto the map..They also all had limbs and body parts smashed open. It's rather odd, and I'm not sure if it is supposed to do that.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 03, 2012, 03:08:18 pm »

im starting to think its because they're just transformed regular dwarves, and the "station here" is just a bug that works in our favour, they're not really assigned to the military in the sense that military dwarves are bloodthirsty omg a fox RAAAAAAARRRGH!!!

maybe a transformation to make them a pet.. to train for war would be better, heard somewhere you could make pets into skillable yet (tame)

gonna try - making their squad active  training 1/10 max and see if i can get them to become a golem while -active- duty

^ no difference. just 2 more wasted dwarves, well i guess some creativity .. chain them behind a long line of traps.. Enemy lures!, Even better than stone decoys!

i have a better idea meph.. lets rename the golem function into "create sissy golem" for now... >:)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:28:59 pm by Fairin »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 03, 2012, 03:17:26 pm »

For the golems, it has been said to chain them, they will fight if cornered.
Didn't try them myself because they basically cost way too much for my little forts, but it sure would be good to have them act a little more like turrets or war animals?

Speaking about animals, the "spirit" thing the elves bring, some have a job, at quite a high level, but is it possible to make them actually use that job?
I had a weaver, and I didn't develop that branch at the moment, so I thought I could use him to make cloth, but he never did a damn thing.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 03, 2012, 03:22:24 pm »

Just had something a bit odd with the Drow caravan. It was at the depot which is outdoors and I kept getting ambush messages although there were no enemies around, my combat reports just showed 'Drow Merchant used cloud of darkness', which I could see when I zoomed in. I have my squads training around the depot so they would have spotted anything wandering around I think.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 03, 2012, 03:30:02 pm »

So, I'm not quite sure if this has already been brought up before, but I found something rather odd just now. A group of 7~ Armored horses came onto the map..They also all had limbs and body parts smashed open. It's rather odd, and I'm not sure if it is supposed to do that.

Looks like those run from some battlefield. That'd be my guess.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 03, 2012, 03:32:43 pm »

I am at this very moment sieged by zombie wrestlers riding war raptors.
Talk about odd ;D

EDIT: Wow there are many of them. And they are as smart as bread. ran right into my kill box ... great shooting practice :D ... but i sure as hell wont open my gates ...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:41:33 pm by Nimrod »
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: March 03, 2012, 04:28:57 pm »

With all the economy things you have added (guilds, better trade, more nobles) are you going to try to fix and eventually re-add the dwarven economy? That would be awesome!
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

SecondBreakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 03, 2012, 04:35:51 pm »

So how does one employ hellfire turrets in a manner that doesn't incinerate all topside activity? I thought I was protected behind my schist bridges but apparently schist bridges burn quite cheerfully. As does... well... everything, really. What building materials are resistant to hellfire?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 749