Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834234 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #1035 on: February 20, 2012, 12:50:32 pm »

Code: [Select]
1. Rock bolts are not recognized by archers under the Bolts (Any material). I didn't find any setting that made them take some, so I made some wooden one and they loaded them (and unloaded them on targets soon after).
I think it comes from the fact that "Stone" doesn't appear in the material list for bolts.

2. Weaving and Moods.
As far as my tests took me, I couldn't make cloth from either wool, wool thread or cow hair thread.
I think it might come from the "simplified materials" not being recognized, but I have no certitude.

1. This should be fixed, they are actually made from plant_mats, not rock (in the raws) they dont show up in the screen for ammo, since they are custom ammo, thats normal. But they should be used like other bolts (any material), or from specificly assigned bolts. I had no problems with the new stone/gem bolts so far.

2. This came up a long time and I fixed it. I know for sure that I made cloth from shearing animals, spinning the wool, weaving thread, then making cloth. Do you spin it and have a loom for the weaving ?

About the mood: I honestly cant say anything about moods, they are completely random. No modder can access them, they are hardcoded. But you are the first to say something about it, and I never noticed problems, so I guess it is your dwarf that is a bit choosy.

@zeebie: Nice science. If I can get souless golems that do no labor, but still join the military, that would be amazing.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 20, 2012, 12:53:14 pm »

Just an idea, if possible: if you can, rename the "tree seeds" acorns. That way, it makes sense to grow a tree out of it, and makes sense as a cooking ingredient as well. IRL, quite a few tree acorns are consumable for humans. Far from good, but edible.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 20, 2012, 01:13:49 pm »

Major tree overhaul:
 - All bark removing from wood now creates a seed (normal wood:90%, rest 100% + 20/10% chance for additional seed)
 - A generic "tree", fundiwood, nethercap, steeloak and ironbark are now farmable. You can grow them in farmplots.
 - Seeds can be bought at embark or from cut down trees, in the timberyard. (no nethercap, too deep)
 - Trees need a long time to grow though, especially ironbark and steeloak.
 - Trees/Fungi/Nether: 2 Seasons, Ironbark 3 Seasons, Steeloak 4 Seasons; Use fertilizer.
 - The grown trees need to be cut in the timberyard, yielding logs (100% chance) and seeds (80% chance)
 - You can now grow your own wood, funiwood for food/booze, nethercap for fireproof hides, ironbark for iron grade metal and steeloak for steelgrade metal.
 - The seeds are called: tree seed, fungiwood spawn, nether-cap spore, ironbark corn and steeloak acorn.

- (Maybe: I will make them cookable, to avoid being drowned in seeds, have to see how it handles in long run games)

I decided to only do this one generic tree for normal wood, because I did not want to clog up the farm-plot selection with a list of ALL possible trees. They all yield the same generic wood anyway.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Other ideas with new interactions:
zombie infections as mentioned above
trents, buyable pets from elves that do labor for you (living tree people)
Priests caste/noble that can insta-kill undeads
Magic arrows that transform the target into... a little fluffy bunny.
Special booze that makes all dwarves faster, or stronger, or anything you can think of.
Make an upgrade system for dwarves, using transformations.
SEVERAL OPTIONS: Blessing by gods (choosen warrior), potions (witcher style), Magic (sorcery and spells)

If we can buy tree people that work for us form the evils, what’s the point of the proposed evil race that was going to sell us slaves? You could make dark elves that sell us tree people slaves.  I love the tree changes.
For the upgrade system for dwarves would it be possible for the reaction to increase dwarf’s skills, move them into a caste, or increase experience gains? I would love ot be able to turn those lowly cooks and bad armor smiths into dwarves of the crafts guild, or the new useless migrants into dwarves of the legion so they will fit well into the militia and are actually useful. Of course there is always the option of some cool cybernetic implants for the dwarves that turn them into something like half automatons. The upgrade systems for dwarves along with the parts of the tech tree you have already implemented will make the game much more interesting.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 20, 2012, 01:17:15 pm »

The only problems what i have now are a few places with stagnate water in streams/river without reason and that my dwarfs are really slooooow in brewing i not getting higher than 23 booze and that with two running stills. ??? unfortunately i deletet the saves(i wanted to make a new fort with fresh water) so i can't show the rivers but the water was already stagnate befor i dig into the stream's but only at a few points are stagnate not the entire water. the boozeproduction in the early game was so slow because i only start with cave wheat and in the plant/meat lack i uhm forgotten to brew. :-\ But now a ton of cave wheat and enough empty barrels and still a low boozestore. ??? but i dont know it's because the mod or only DF or... "my work". :D

so long~ no burning skulls yay... but in the 2. year 3 of my dwarfs find death because an gobline ambush. i always fail in the early game in armybuilding. :-[ to low material for weapons or ammo or i need the workpower. :-[ goblins, i'm a littly shy pacifistic girl dont hurt me! ;D

and so long again good work, maybe im just unlucky. ._.

edit: the embark was not in swamp or so it was in temperate(?) forest.

edit²: can i modify the settings behind a gamestart?so uhm turn off invaders, build a fort and than when i feel i'm ready save and switch invaders back to on?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:31:12 pm by kizucha »

Rywen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 20, 2012, 01:37:44 pm »

Hey Meph, awesome mod!
I would like to share some problems I have encountered, so here they are:

- missing armoury/magma armoury/library of medicwhatever from buildings list :(
 - turrets/mines make me crash randomly, no errorlog is generated. At first I thought its the pathing problem (I use a lot of bridges), but I stash them all away in cages, so I have no idea. If I turn it off, I get no crashez at all.
 - magma hounds generate steam (probably if there is a liquid nearby) even when caged, and this confuses merchants (they refuse to trade). I wonder if plaguebear(er)s do the same, someone mentioned dieing merchants upon arriving
 - humans never (well at least for me) survive the 100 year worlds I generate
 - The next one is a bit complicated, so here is a screen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For some reason merchants with wagons refuse to move and get kinda stuck in there, they have been waiting for 2 seasons now, so I deconstructed the old depo thinking this will make them move to the new one, but no, they are just chilling there  :-\ . Wagonless merchants work fine

I am looking forward to try the rune weapons, especially in adventure mode. How about paralysing/exploding missiles? Genesis adv. reactions would be a nice treat too :P.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 20, 2012, 01:38:01 pm »

edit²: can i modify the settings behind a gamestart?so uhm turn off invaders, build a fort and than when i feel i'm ready save and switch invaders back to on?

This doesn't work for many settings, but AFAIK it does for the invaders setting.

EDIT: Just to be clear, it works for the Invaders setting on the main settings page, not for turning off/on specific invaders on the Races page.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:42:46 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1041 on: February 20, 2012, 01:52:35 pm »

goto "/%DF Directory%/data/init" and open "d_init.txt" look for INVADERS change it to NO and goblins and whatnot will not invade (note wildlife still comes) and when your ready for fightin change it back to YES

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 20, 2012, 02:03:23 pm »

as for my opinion on the post a page or two back,

i think being blessed by the gods makes more sense in your religion system than some other form of upgrades meph.

and it would turn religion from a sacrifice -> get system into a more in depth interesting syndrome.

EDIT: also i will contribute to the Wiki at least a bit. centralized knowledge bases are good.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:13:38 pm by bombzero »

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 20, 2012, 02:23:47 pm »

@Poltifar/Hugo_The_Dwarf: Thx! :D

I found the problem with the stagnate water... i think so. Uhm it's because of the lil' pond's direktly near the stream i think the stagnate water is leaking through the damp wall's between the pond and the stream. when i dry the pond's and clear it, anyone knows that the water is again fresh? when not i test it myself and wish my dwarfs luck i'm unlucky with "waterexperiments". :D

@meph: sorry, abusing your modthread for my questions that not or not 100% related to your mod, when i shall stop it poke me. :-[

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 20, 2012, 02:59:15 pm »

I've searched the entire topic and the help file and don't know where else to look. I have a stray warpstone turret (tame) on my map, is it friendly? And if it is how exactly to I place it somewhere to use it?

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 20, 2012, 03:06:55 pm »

I found the problem with the stagnate water... i think so. Uhm it's because of the lil' pond's direktly near the stream i think the stagnate water is leaking through the damp wall's between the pond and the stream. when i dry the pond's and clear it, anyone knows that the water is again fresh? when not i test it myself and wish my dwarfs luck i'm unlucky with "waterexperiments". :D
Dear fellow Dwarfling,

Stagnant water is "infectious" in just the same way as salt water. when stagnant water touches another body of water, all the water connected to it will instantly become stagnant, even if its a brook/stream/river.

Now the Problem is, when a tile contained water once, it will be flagged as stagnant for the entire game. So, even if you dry out your entire river, once there is water in there again, it will be and will stay stagnant. The only thing you can do is digging a reservoir in an area which has never contained (stagnant) water before. Then you fill it using a pump, since pumps always generate fresh water, as long as the target tile (where it pumps the water to) has never contained stagnant water before. Also make sure, that all pipes leading to and from the reservoir never did and never will contain stagnant water, or your entire reservoir is going to be stagnant again.

There is no way to directly "clean" stagnant tiles inside the game, but dfhack's "liquids" tool can remove the stagnant-flag from tiles. It's up to you to decide whether you consider that cheating, or not.

I hope my answer could help you understand this, perhaps it might also help some other dwarflings out here.

Urist McChicken

Rices

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 20, 2012, 03:11:23 pm »

i have found the same thnig with a Ice landmine (tame), i got so confused of it, that i just registered for it :D.
It seems that they are in the list of pet's what Migrants can have when they come to your fort :p

for the poll, i'm sorry that i can't work with the wiki, but my english is to bad for it. :>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:16:45 pm by Rices »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 20, 2012, 03:41:42 pm »

I've searched the entire topic and the help file and don't know where else to look. I have a stray warpstone turret (tame) on my map, is it friendly? And if it is how exactly to I place it somewhere to use it?

Yes, they act like pets and came with a migrant.  Place it in a pasture to use it.  You could try a chain, but for some reason i don't think they fire when they're on a chain.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 20, 2012, 03:48:22 pm »

Even if golems are in the military, they still run away from enemies. They refuse any station or kill orders that take them into danger.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1049 on: February 20, 2012, 04:11:18 pm »

All read and noted. Golems need to be improved, and the turrets and mines cause crashes is bad news, if they are the culprit. But with the new syndromes/interactions I can fix it, with some work.

Everyone on the wiki has been made an "Organisator" and can do whatever he pleases ;)

Magmahounds well be nerfed, to not frighten traders.
Humans need some toughening up. (I usually play 10 years of history, so they survive my testing)
Golems need to be redone.

Tree-slaves from elves cant learn, cant equip (or at least in theory souldnt, if I make them)
Slaves can learn, can speak, can equip. (if I make them)

On the other hand: I fixed material size, all weapons and armor now need the proper amount of bars. Today changed it, and everything is now in multiples of 3. material size 3 = 1 bar, size 6 = 2 bars, and so on.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 749