Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834193 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #1005 on: February 19, 2012, 09:31:41 pm »

What are the odds of a tree producing a seed with this line of code (which i assume determines the number of seeds spawned when a plant is fully grown?)? Will it only always produce one seed?
[SEED:tower-cap spawn:tower-cap spawn:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
A plant that has [TREE:xxxx:xxxx] will not produce a seed even with a [SEED:xxxx:xxxx] tag, due to trees only being saplings and trees (not harvestable plants)
So I created another smaller plant that takes most of the needed materials from its "larger" tree version.

So I guess the answer to your question is "Vanilla system will always produce one seed if eaten/brewed with a chance to produce more"

But if your asking about my reaction it will created Logs and Seeds X stack number

so a pine[5] would produce 5 logs and %65 to make 5 seeds with an extra %15 chance to make 5 seeds

Does this help? Or have I totally misunderstood your question(s)
Well I didn't know about the percent chances to make new seeds with reactions, what I was really asking about was if guarnted that on being harvested the plant will always produce one seed? I'm sorry looking over my post I hadn't phrased it well, by tree I meant the now harvestable plant, I didn't make that clear. I was concerned that with only the percent chances to obtain seeds I would run out, esspecially because I still am not sure if this line of code means that the plant will only ever produce one seed upon being harvested. Thank you for answering the other question through Hugo you are very helpful  :).
[SEED:tower-cap spawn:tower-cap spawn:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:34:08 pm by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1006 on: February 19, 2012, 09:53:16 pm »

If you run out of seeds (if you got a large enough tree farm never fear) with a budding tree farm simply send your herbalists out to collect, some will acually find these (small) trees. And you are welcome.

The [SEED:xxxx:xxxx] will if it's eaten by a dwarf (not possible with the mim-tree) or brewed (also not possible) a seed will be produced. I'm acually working on making a reaction to make seeds from logs. Will take time tho

EDIT:

Also for a 100% garentee of seeds from the reaction change the 65 to 100

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 19, 2012, 10:30:48 pm »

A wiki would be so useful.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 19, 2012, 10:33:08 pm »

Ahhh thank you Hugo! My fortress will now prosper with an aboundant and save supply of wood thanks to you code and advice. A generation of dwarves owe thier only slightly prolonged survival to you!! :D
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

ZaZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 19, 2012, 11:02:33 pm »

I'm having an issue that I can't narrow down as to the cause with the latest version. I have chalk on my fortress yet even with talented miners the flux stone leaves no stone when mined, I can only assume this is the case with other flux stones as all other stones leave the ore and/or stone on the ground. Any ideas? Further observation shows that sometimes when mining chalk the tile goes up in smoke?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:16:04 pm by ZaZ »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 19, 2012, 11:12:58 pm »

I'm having an issue that I can't narrow down as to the cause with the latest version. I have chalk on my fortress yet even with talented miners the flux stone leaves no stone when mined, I can only assume this is the case with other flux stones as all other stones leave the ore and/or stone on the ground. Any ideas?

Apparently, chalk is one of the stones Meph modded to not drop any stone, to reduce clutter. If you really need flux and dont have any other flux stones nearby, I believe there's a new reaction to make flux from bone in the kitchen.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

ZaZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 19, 2012, 11:17:56 pm »

I'm having an issue that I can't narrow down as to the cause with the latest version. I have chalk on my fortress yet even with talented miners the flux stone leaves no stone when mined, I can only assume this is the case with other flux stones as all other stones leave the ore and/or stone on the ground. Any ideas?

Apparently, chalk is one of the stones Meph modded to not drop any stone, to reduce clutter. If you really need flux and dont have any other flux stones nearby, I believe there's a new reaction to make flux from bone in the kitchen.

Alright, I guess my walls shall be made of red stone then  ???

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 19, 2012, 11:49:04 pm »

Quick Question:

I have been embarked for about 2 years now (in mid-winter of my second year). I have only gotten 2 caravans, both Dwarven ones.

Is it normal that I haven't gotten human or elven ones yet? I have been seiged and gotten lots of migrants, so I positive that I am not isolated from them. We are not at war either of those two races. (I always check before embarking)

So, should I just keep pumping out more wealth? Will they never come to this fort? Its not terrible, I just like a monthly source of leather, bars and random stuff; which now seems to only come yearly now...

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 20, 2012, 12:00:11 am »

Quick Question:

I have been embarked for about 2 years now (in mid-winter of my second year). I have only gotten 2 caravans, both Dwarven ones.

Is it normal that I haven't gotten human or elven ones yet? I have been seiged and gotten lots of migrants, so I positive that I am not isolated from them. We are not at war either of those two races. (I always check before embarking)

So, should I just keep pumping out more wealth? Will they never come to this fort? Its not terrible, I just like a monthly source of leather, bars and random stuff; which now seems to only come yearly now...

Maybe their civilizations are too small to send caravans or some such? I had that problem with my Dwarven race on my previous embark, never got a dwarven caravan but often got elven and human caravans, even though I wasn't technically isolated from the dwarven race.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 20, 2012, 12:14:03 am »

Quick Question:

Maybe their civilizations are too small to send caravans or some such? I had that problem with my Dwarven race on my previous embark, never got a dwarven caravan but often got elven and human caravans, even though I wasn't technically isolated from the dwarven race.

Hmmm... I don't know of any way to check it. I genned only about 170 years if that makes a difference.

I'm also pretty sure I saw a lot of human and elven sites when I was looking for the site I'm using now.

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 20, 2012, 12:39:56 am »

Can Ironhand be used with this pack?

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 20, 2012, 02:13:00 am »

Can it be that rare leather quiver dont be stored by dwarfs? i have a stock for all item's but the quiver lays on the ground. :-\ (-<<-rare leather quiver->>-) for the exact name.

Edit: okay~ my dwarfs like to tease me... 1 hour waiting and finaly the quiver is stored. (\^.^/) yaaay~
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:02:12 am by kizucha »

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 20, 2012, 03:53:27 am »

Prophet of armok, does it do anything? Also my Genie (i only have 1) is not claiming nest boxes. Do i need 2?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 20, 2012, 04:16:40 am »

I've been unabled to gen any worlds that don't use the default settings. Every time I've tried, it crashes without error at "finalizing sites".

Also, the Dwarven Tradegood 'Golems' always switches itself back on after I close the Settings exe. Yes I am saving my settings.

My error log, in case it helps at all. This log is from a fresh Masterwork install with customized Settings.exe options:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh yeah, and my settings are as follows:

Population: 100
Auto backup: No
Kobolds/Goblins/Orcs, Undead: Yes
FrostGiants/Warlocks/Automatons: No
Gremlins/Trogs/Antmen/Batmen: Yes
Fortress Defense Easy/Special/Medium: All of these No
Creatures: All of these No
Materials: All of these No, but Engravings: Yes
Buildings: All of these No, but Item Destroyer/Bonfire/Decoration/Furniture/Wheelbarrows: Yes
Misc: All of these No, but Diplomats/Aquifers: Yes

I'd really love to use this mod, because it sounds and looks awesome!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:26:15 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 20, 2012, 05:15:47 am »

All of the toe body detail plans had "_REG" added to the end of them.  Replace "5TOES_FQ" with "5TOES_FQ_REG" (do the same for 4 and 4 toes, both FQ and RQ) and that will clear up a large number of those errors.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 749