Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834196 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #1020 on: February 20, 2012, 05:22:35 am »

I'm not particularly bothered by those errors, but thank you for the tip. :)

I've narrowed down the crash. The culprit is the Bonfire building. Setting this to 'No' stops the crash and allows me to gen successfully.

Edit: Hmm... well, it did allow me to gen... once. DF is crashing again in subsequent attempts, however. I have so many options turned off now that I might as well just be using the vanilla client, heh.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:45:10 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 20, 2012, 06:13:36 am »

Meph thank you for your great mod! I can't stand vanilla Df anymore  :P

Can you do something with vampires in Dwarf Fortress mod? Is there a way to disable it? Or maybe mod them that they were able to drink blood from vermins or from invaders...or maybe from babies and not from dwarfs :D

Maybe they feed on Tigermen. Those do sleep, right?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 20, 2012, 08:54:54 am »

Meph, my golems get scared and run away - could this be a side effect of the new process that makes them from dwarfs?

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 20, 2012, 09:11:45 am »

Can you please upload it to Mediafire ?DFFD has a very low download speed for me

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 20, 2012, 10:02:07 am »

I know it is asking a lot, but is it possible to mod the lastest Dwarf Therapist for this mod?

The "old" one has problems with this DF version with the "Migration Wave" groups, it doesn't recognize the groups correctly and put them in an odd order, making the group by unusable.

When you get waves of 20 and can't tell what dwarves are new, it becomes quite hard and tedious to assign them the jobs.

I have no idea of the amount of work required for this, so I figured I should at least post it, no matter if it is done or not.

Anyway, thanks again for the mods, I finally can make stone weapons for fortresses with low access to metals, at least I can defend a little now.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 20, 2012, 10:34:48 am »

I know it is asking a lot, but is it possible to mod the lastest Dwarf Therapist for this mod?

The "old" one has problems with this DF version with the "Migration Wave" groups, it doesn't recognize the groups correctly and put them in an odd order, making the group by unusable.

When you get waves of 20 and can't tell what dwarves are new, it becomes quite hard and tedious to assign them the jobs.

I have no idea of the amount of work required for this, so I figured I should at least post it, no matter if it is done or not.

Anyway, thanks again for the mods, I finally can make stone weapons for fortresses with low access to metals, at least I can defend a little now.

I've been using what I believe is the latest version of dwarf therapist with this mod and the newest version for a couple of dyas and have noticed no odd behaivor on the part of both Dwarf Therapist and Dwarf Fortress.

EDIT: NVM Dwarf Therapist is not letting me alter the labours on one of my starting seven... I have not hade this happen before though so I ahve no idea why this is happening. Both the version of Dwarf Therapist and the latest version I downloaded of my own accord.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:09:47 am by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 20, 2012, 11:17:22 am »

I can use the latest version of Dwarf Therapist (0.6.12) with the mod with no problems. The only minor inconvenience is the lack of a caste grouping, but I'm sure Meph will get round to updating to it soon enough.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 20, 2012, 11:21:53 am »

Hey Meph, it as a small recommendation you may want to look over some of your invaders and see what evil thoughts you can come up with using the new interactions.

i particularly think that maybe fireproof steel should be quite useful against warlocks (hint hint)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1028 on: February 20, 2012, 11:37:10 am »

Yeah, as if modding the raws, modding the Settings.exe is not work enough, of course I had to do mod the other third-party programs as well ;) Have some plans for a custom dfhack as well...

@zaz: chalk only leaves dust, and the manual says so. Try bonemeal, or alternate steel sources. Or trade for flux.

@madjoe5: Cant tell how all the civs will react in each world. I got very few human caravans for example, might have to buff up the race a bit. The frost giants/undeads/automatons are rather hostile I am afraid. ;)

@alexander86: not yet.

@simonthedwarf: The Prophet is a religious zealot, and acts a bit like the inquisition. He has: [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_ENFORCEMENT] and [RESPONSIBILITY:EXECUTIONS] Essentially a religious hammerer.

@moogie: wow, you really did turn 90% of the mod off ^^ I never tested with this, and your errorlog can be fixed by turning "simple pets" ON and "archeology" ON, but none of thes should cause crashes. I am sorry, but I cant help. Try a clean download and hopefully you can narrow it down to one setting you changed. If this is the case, no one is more interested in it them me :) That the old golem tradegoods does not work porperly is because golems are no tradegood anymore. I have to remove it, thanks for reminding me.

@zeebie: Yep. Not much science has been done with transformation. I will manually add the no_fear and likes_fighting tag to them then. Nice find. And many thanks for the screens, it was indeed what I was looking for. A lot of space for better reaction names then. :)

@xeron: DFFD it is for now. I like to know how many downloads it has, and like the comment function. Other people can also find it by just browsing the DFFD. Ans sry, how often do you plan on downloading it ?

@slay_mythos&flobulon: Eventually, yes. I mostly wait for all the other modders to finish on tilesets, dfhack, stonesense and so forth, before I do something, and then notice that I have to do the same thing again 3 days later. Patience.

@bombzero: I am already. Warlocks should have spells, for sure. Transforming your dwarves into helpless sheeps for some time ? Raising the dead ? Zombies also will actually transform bitten people into more zombies, but this will be (add random superlative here) to balance. It can easily lead to the entire worldgen just consisting of a giant zombie apocalypse. (all races and animals dead, only zombies running around)
__________________________________________________________________________________
@hugo: Many thanks, I had to heavily modify what you gave me (generic wood, you know ;)) but everything works. I also changed how it works differently, since I have the timberyard already. This is what I came up with:

Major tree overhaul:
 - All bark removing from wood now creates a seed (normal wood:90%, rest 100% + 20/10% chance for additional seed)
 - A generic "tree", fundiwood, nethercap, steeloak and ironbark are now farmable. You can grow them in farmplots.
 - Seeds can be bought at embark or from cut down trees, in the timberyard. (no nethercap, too deep)
 - Trees need a long time to grow though, especially ironbark and steeloak.
 - Trees/Fungi/Nether: 2 Seasons, Ironbark 3 Seasons, Steeloak 4 Seasons; Use fertilizer.
 - The grown trees need to be cut in the timberyard, yielding logs (100% chance) and seeds (80% chance)
 - You can now grow your own wood, funiwood for food/booze, nethercap for fireproof hides, ironbark for iron grade metal and steeloak for steelgrade metal.
 - The seeds are called: tree seed, fungiwood spawn, nether-cap spore, ironbark corn and steeloak acorn.

- (Maybe: I will make them cookable, to avoid being drowned in seeds, have to see how it handles in long run games)

I decided to only do this one generic tree for normal wood, because I did not want to clog up the farm-plot selection with a list of ALL possible trees. They all yield the same generic wood anyway.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Other ideas with new interactions:
zombie infections as mentioned above
trents, buyable pets from elves that do labor for you (living tree people)
Priests caste/noble that can insta-kill undeads
Magic arrows that transform the target into... a little fluffy bunny.
Special booze that makes all dwarves faster, or stronger, or anything you can think of.
Make an upgrade system for dwarves, using transformations.
SEVERAL OPTIONS: Blessing by gods (choosen warrior), potions (witcher style), Magic (sorcery and spells)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:45:49 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 20, 2012, 11:43:52 am »

@Meph
My apologies, I did not mean to sound impatient; I'm very happy with the current version. We're all very thankful for your hard work!  :)
Oh, and a priest caste that does damage to undead sounds brilliant!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1030 on: February 20, 2012, 11:50:07 am »

Hehe, I always come back to this thread and expect people complaining about bugs. But I only find people reporting bugs, and praise. Every time it is a nice surprise ;)

Priest caste would be like this:
Make a reaction that transforms a dwarf into a priest caste dwarf. Something done in a temple, called: "Recieve the blessing of Armok", "Undergo the initation of priesthood" or something like that. These guys are useless as workers (maybe even noble-work-exempt, if I manage to do that) are the only ones that can become religious nobles (preacher/priest/prophet and so on) and have high skill in strand_extraction. As you know, my choosen godly skill. ;)

And of course have an interaction that insta-kills undeads. (or near enough, needs testing)

Oh, and for everyone that is interested: Masterwork Challenge, play a 10 year fort and become part of the mod
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:54:41 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 20, 2012, 11:56:52 am »

So, I just downloaded Masterwork last night, Managed to get an embark just before going to sleep. Now, I normally embark with Two miners, a woodcutter, Carpenter, Mason, Farmer, and a Craftsdwarf. This time around however, my craftsdwarf started out as a Legendary +5 in Gem Cutting, and Accomplished in Gem Setting. Gem Dwarf is awesome, Apparently.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1032 on: February 20, 2012, 12:09:34 pm »

Wow. As low as the cances are, you actually found a typo with that rather random post. The gem savant caste had two natural_skill for cut gems, instead of one natural skill, and one skill_learn_rate tag. Curious enough, the two natural_skill 10 added up to 20, which is legendary +5.

Is fixed. The now start with lvl 10, and learn it faster.

MASTERWORK DF WIKI  It is empty so far. You have to register at wikispaces to write on it. I think, but I am not sure, that I also have to manually invite you to it. This means: Everyone that wants to help with the wiki as to register, sent me a request, I activate you, and you can edit the MasterworkDF-Wiki as you want.  My name there is UristMcMeph btw, since both Meph and Mephistopheles were taken.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:26:19 pm by Meph »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 20, 2012, 12:34:20 pm »

Meph, I found some strange things today, not sure if it is a bug though.

1. Rock bolts are not recognized by archers under the Bolts (Any material). I didn't find any setting that made them take some, so I made some wooden one and they loaded them (and unloaded them on targets soon after).
I think it comes from the fact that "Stone" doesn't appear in the material list for bolts.

2. Weaving and Moods.
As far as my tests took me, I couldn't make cloth from either wool, wool thread or cow hair thread.
I think it might come from the "simplified materials" not being recognized, but I have no certitude.

As for moods, it might totally be me not understanding, but a moody dwarf asks for "forest" (wood) "stacked clothes" (cloth?), "shiny bars" (metal bars) and "skeleton" (bones? not sure).
He have at disposition:
 - Clothes made from pig tail fibers, didn't touch it.
 - Various metal bars, he took one iron.
 - The product of butcherring a cow (a skull, cartillage, but I don't see "bone" anywhere, and I just killed the cow).
 - Some wood, he took one.
Again, it might be me not having understood what exactly he needs, but in 2010 versions, butchering a cow always made them content for "skeleton", and I don't remember having any problem with cloth materials.

As it also took me quite a bit to get an anvil, I think he might be going crazy soon, and him being my only skilled weapon smith, I would like to know if it is a bug or just me needing to do something precise.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 20, 2012, 12:46:16 pm »

Some more interesting golem behavior!  In an attempt to get them to stay and fight, I put the soon-to-be-golem dwarf in a military squad, then transformed him. He wouldn't move on his own (like the previous ones did), but he could be dragged to a pasture. No attack yet, so I'm not sure if he stayed put.  I did this three times, and the third time, the new golem went to his old bedroom! He had shared it with his wife, and was still listed as an owner of the bed. Also, if I gave the golem squad an order, he obeyed it! The other golems in the squad did not.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 749