Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Have at ye!  (Read 9248 times)

Bill the dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Have at ye!
« on: December 27, 2011, 09:45:58 pm »

Let us have another game of Calvinball, or TACTICUS as I've seen here before, shall we?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Have at ye!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:50:16 pm »

Sure, why not.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:52:48 pm »

Calvinball! What is it exactly though?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 09:54:11 pm »

Calvinball! What is it exactly though?
Exactly.

Or if you were asking for the Tacticus definition, I shall defer to the Hall of Legends in the upper boards:
The Complete Rules of Tacticus, New Expanded Abridged Revised Pantshelm Edition, cannot all exist in the same space, or else odd quantum-mechanical effects will result in the removal of all dwarven beards in that space. We wouldn't want that, now would we? Of course, that doesn't preclude a small amount of informal organization in which to experience the game, such as "unless the Complete Rules of Tacticus, New Expanded Revised Pantshelm Edition, instruct otherwise, the starter of the game is the one who keeps track of what the hell is going on for everyone else's benefit" or "once the starter of the game informs everyone what the hell went on the previous turn or other period of time-space-dwarfdom specified in the Complete Rules of Tacticus, New Expanded Revised Pantshelm Edition, everything else going on prior to that is what the hell is going on the next turn or other period of time-space-dwarfdom". Of course, as seasoned Tacticus veterans, we know that the former is implied via Enid Butterclasped's Interpretation of rule 107.908.1 Section E, subtitled "Ordering of Events - Game Information - Periods of Required Drinking - The Score and Its Relation to Hoary Marmots", while the latter clearly follows from Appendix D-2 Section 77B, "Time Flows Forward, Unless It Flows Backwards Or Sideways & Considerations on Special Temporal Conditions Both Alcohol-Induced And Not". Sure, there is some debate regarding Enid Butterclasped's Interpretation and its ramifications on interior antman movements - heck, I think we all disagree with her stance that brewing occurs before the second subsidiary non-underground event phase - but her general thoughts seem logically sound. "
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 09:56:01 pm »

Good, then I throw a steel ball at you.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 09:56:57 pm »

Good, then I throw a steel ball at you.
Was it or was it not a monster? if it was it should be a flattened steel disk.

I shall throw the steel object at the Catapult turtle after catching it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 10:08:02 pm »

The flattened steel disk hits the Catapult turtle with 1d20 damage times zero plus 30. The Catapult turtle has 50 x lim->infinity (0.5)^x HP, by the way.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 10:11:06 pm »

Its HP drops to 247.542653432 once I bring a POW block into the region, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 10:15:52 pm »

I calmly walk in and punch it in the face with a X10 damage bonus for doing so in a gentlemanly manner
It's FEF, not FEOF

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 10:16:53 pm »

I'm game
My slime calvary appear on the edge of the map and perpare to charge your catapultFurturka.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 10:17:15 pm »

I activate my PI CARD, instantly setting all of your stats to
Spoiler: BIG NUMBER (click to show/hide)
!!!

I'm game
My slime calvary appear on the edge of the map and perpare to charge your catapultFurturka.

Did I mention slime calvary follow a radial map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
when charging?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:18:58 pm by Skyrunner »

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 10:18:28 pm »

I spawn as a zombie dinosaur and infect-bite Furtuka.
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 10:18:38 pm »

My mindless slimes are immune to your "math", and continue their charge.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 10:19:44 pm »

My mindless slimes are immune to your "math", and continue their charge.

Did I mention slime calvary follow a radial map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
when charging?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 10:20:59 pm »

Curses! I summon a platoon of PAINIS CUPCAKES TO EAT YOU!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9