Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 83278 times)

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.7 - secret update
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2012, 11:22:25 pm »

Renamed Mayor to Chieftain, renamed Hammer to Executioner and made it use a (serrated!)sword.
Also removed their metal armor, they still get shields and leathers.
As far as I can tell, their new weapons cannot be made in fortress mode, should be trade-able or embark-with-able.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I want to make them use wooden coins, featherwood being worth 15, highwood worth 10.. I dunno what'd be worth 5.
Agunder seem like they'd use stone coins, with Nevreans using gems for theirs.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2012, 01:35:44 am »

I think it'll be best we not fiddle with the money systems until the economy gets fixed in vanilla, there could be a whole avalanche of problems they'd cause later.

also I'm getting an error about Talyxian mace?

another note, all the talyxian items can be made at a forge easily.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:46:53 am by darklord92 »
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2012, 01:45:58 am »

Suppose so, I'm not sure gems have any physical attributes right now, anyway, so it'd be even MORE buggy.
How's work on the potions?  ;D

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2012, 01:49:55 am »

terrible as before, i cant make anything that jsut breaks on impact D: nothing works like a grenade, all i can really do is let out a huge PWOOMP that covers everyone around them.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.7.1 - still a secret + talyxian updates
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2012, 02:01:32 am »

updated 1.7.1 Talyxian update. putting it up now so i can work on it tomorrow while I'm away from home.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.6.2 - mini updates
« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2012, 02:53:03 am »

I've done some testing, breath weapons don't seem at all to work. as the above post, they catch fire or paralyze themselves. my only idea is to make a potion that explodes on impact.

terrible as before, i cant make anything that jsut breaks on impact D: nothing works like a grenade, all i can really do is let out a huge PWOOMP that covers everyone around them.

There is hope!

Fireballs at least are safe to use (Well, for the caster. Not necessarily for his friends though...) and solid globs can be launched, which despite not necessarily inflicting their attached syndrome (unless it instantly vaporizes into a gas after launch) will deal some serious damage to bones and organs.
There is also the option of using one interaction to directly trigger another in the target, which doesn't require any material transmission and works exactly like a mummy's curse. I used this for a lightning spell, as it seemed both appropriate given the properties of electricity and a safe means of delivery for such a dangerous thing.

Here's the interactions for that:

This can be used in conjunction with an ingested syndrome from a manufactured food that gives the ability to the consumer. It doesn't do any sort of permanent damage, but instantly knocks the target out, which wears off soon enough. Extremely effective when dealing with a group, because even after they wake up they are numbed for a period.

You might want to put an end timer on the caster's interaction though. I used it in a learnable secret that never ends, whereas a potion would normally be a temporary thing.

Also, the Zess could be implemented through an interaction that causes them to permanently become a form of were-creature. I bet there's a way to get it to target each race individually and apply an appropriate zess were-creature.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:56:49 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2012, 09:09:54 am »

Hmmm i haven't really worked on interactions before. After all there pretty new. I'll take a look and see what I can understand. I'm also experimenting with your interaction as well as syndromes, just need to attach the lightning syndrome to a food so i can test it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:26:19 am by darklord92 »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2012, 09:56:06 am »

also i re-did 1.7.1 on my laptop, it didn't upload last night -.-   just put it up on DffD now

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2012, 03:42:33 pm »

I'm not getting any errors regarding maces, only "Duplicate Object: word FONDLE", what does your errorlog say?
..creature_talyxian_pack has talyxian entity stuff, and no creature things, oh dear.
Here's the raws, ripped out from my earlier pastebin so you don't need to sift through it, to be pasted over the goof'd creature file.

So I was playing an Agudnerian adventurer, and realized something.. They are wearing socks and shoes on their hooves!
So here is a hoof boot, a boot for hooves, metal and leather ones are used for military purposes, while everyone else wears more flexible cloth and vegetation varients to keep icky bodily fluids, Forgotten Beast or otherwise, off of their lovely hooves.

Darthboogalo has been taken by a fey mood!

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.7.2 - hotfix
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2012, 03:53:24 pm »

1.7.2 hotfixes are in, also put in the boots, I'm home now so i can experiment on df properly.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2012, 07:11:05 pm »

Darthboogalo has created a.. what?!

Adds some extra castes to the super secret race, though it's only flavor-y text, for now at least.
You could either remove the two base castes or fluff it as they having no noticeable traits besides the normal secret race stuff.

Also, an idea that I currently lack the chipper mood to attempt, a 'beastmen' civ, which is nevreans, sergals, agudner and talyxian under one civ using castes?
Vilousians?  :x
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:13:22 pm by DarthBoogalo »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2012, 08:30:10 pm »

I split the creatures and entity files up so users can customized them , if they only want sergals they can have only sergals. if they want nevreans etc.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:33:46 pm by darklord92 »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2012, 09:04:01 pm »

What I meant was, along with nevreans, sergals, etc. You could also pop in a creature and entity file for the multiracial civ.
You'd still have every race in their own civ, and can choose to not install the multiracial civ!

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2012, 09:15:31 pm »

so two varients of the mod, all in one or packs?

or are you talking about group citys?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:29:25 pm by darklord92 »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2012, 09:30:06 pm »

It'd be it's own pack, that can be added to the game as the player sees fit, or it could be listed in the OP as it's own thing, still able to be installed if the player wants.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31