Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 83281 times)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.7.2 - hotfix
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2012, 08:56:33 pm »

alright, i tried that and it still threw up the same raw wrrors even with the original files, your fix should work. I don't know why df isn't liking it.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2012, 08:59:59 pm »

It seems to be an issue with file names and how it's locating the tokens. renaming messed them up. As long as the ingame name is good i'm happy. besides, i dont think we'll be pokeing at the creature raws too much.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2012, 09:54:03 pm »

Doesn't explain why it'd work for me, but not you. o:
Fair enough, I'm going to make some plants now, how about some agudnerian wine?  :P
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:58:15 pm by DarthBoogalo »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2012, 11:05:53 pm »

Nothing wrong with a little more refined taste :P , i need to get my arse on ideas for implimenting the potions though -.-

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:44 pm »

Cave Mushrooms! Harvested below ground by the Agudner for food, wine and a lovely cyan dye! Effectively replaces plump helmets, might make it grow faster then plump helmets?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
More on the way!
I think the best way to do it is what Eric said, have a reaction that gives you a food item named 'potion of whatever', and you eat it and whatever happens, like gain firebreath and fire immunity.
Or was that tested unsuccessfully? I don't remember my own things catching on fire while using my draconian kobold caste that breathed fire.
e: Do pumpkins grow in Vilous? :P
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:52:12 pm by DarthBoogalo »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2012, 01:30:17 am »

not sure about the pumpkins :P  but hey, this is 200 years later, and the agunder were at the peak of agriculture, who says they didn't meet others on there journeys to your df world ;P

As for the mod, I've been working alot on it lately, updates have been pretty fast. but i think i want to wind down and get to play my own mod heheeh, and see if it's balanced. I don't want to rush too fast through this. even if it's good right now. I will continue to add new content and submissions of course. the mod will continue to grow, and if you ask for an update I'll try my best to pop it up on DFFD, I'll still update normally maybe every sunday. that gives a nice break between versions to really play the game.

Just started two forts of nevreans. one of which has gone through a zombie seige and is heavily crippled the other is a rather new fort away from most of the other races in a nice mountain place. I'll post images of both forts.

Fort calm:

Fort survivors:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:40:14 am by darklord92 »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
PLANTS
« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2012, 02:12:19 am »

A week between updates is juuust fine, I'll accumulate any bugfixes or implementations of my own until saturday, giving you the chance to incorporate whatever you want before you release a update on sunday!
hopefully the thread will be more then You, Eric and I talking about strange bugs that way. ^^;
Oh, yeah, plants, yay!
Cave Mushrooms, farmed by by the Agudner for it's bitter, yet satisfying ale, it can also be processed into a cyan dye, or eaten raw/cooked. =Changed wine to ale, just a name change.=
Golden grass, available to all races for both tea and clothes! though an eccentric Nevrean discovered it's use as tea first, in a horrible accident that cost him his eye, it's best not to ask a nevrean about the origin of the tea, can also be ground into a golden yellow dye.
Found by the talyxians when they first fled into the forests, these delicious berries can be processed into a fine wine, and it's dark blue juice can be dried into cloth, it's considered quite rude to dump a bucket moon berry juice on a Talyxian.
And some threats!
nevrean
talyxian
and agudner, it is my own headcanon that it is difficult to change an agudner's mind when they set to do something.
Looking forward to sunday!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:15:11 am by DarthBoogalo »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2012, 12:37:43 pm »

Alright, i'll pop these in the raws once I get back home, I'll start adding some plants as well, see what i can pull up from the stories.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2012, 06:48:47 pm »

ok, I just installed 1.7.2 hotfix and loaded it up in Df. No errors, but the nomenclature problem with the feral sergals persists. I think it would be a good idea to remove the profession names. They'll just show up as war/hunting feral sergals, but it would at least be short enough to fit on screen reliably, and grammatically correct.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2012, 06:55:11 pm »

Made some Nevrean armor, jackets with plates sewn inside, birdie shoes, and battle cloaks made of chains, well, the chain cloak is for the Agudner too.
And a buzz saw! :3 Perfectly serviceable for war, too.
The drills I made a while ago may or may not need [ATTACK:BLUNT:5500:1000:bash:bashes:1000]
And a custom job name, for the creature file.
   [PROFESSION_NAME:MINING:digger:diggers]
Don't feel compelled to implement these immediately, or at all, really, just go at your own pace.  :)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2012, 09:09:18 pm »

items implemented :P  and nevreans are cutting down trees like they should, also changed the singular form to buzz saw instead of buzzaxe

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2012, 09:58:04 pm »

Oh, gee, how didn't I notice that.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2012, 02:05:33 am »

currently exploring werebeast interactions for the unknown race. it would HELP if i had the actual were beast interaction to explore and tamper with instead of the example.

df crashes when i use look on a cursed creature.

interaction raw:

secret creatures raws to go with interaction:

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2012, 09:37:45 am »

df crashes when i use look on a cursed creature.
Sounds similar to this?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2012, 10:28:53 am »

Looks like it, but you already have the description on the caste level, so you've implemented half of the fix Deon used and it is still occuring... Try the other half; add caste names directly to each caste. I can't see anything specifically wrong with your interaction or creature.

Also suggested in that thread is that conflicting color modifers; creature has blue eyes + brown skin, transformation has red eyes + black skin, game shits itself because it doesn't know what to display. If that is true, then you won't be able to make them black until Toady fixes the problem.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31