Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: The Vilous Mod V4.3 New thread in proper sub forum  (Read 83269 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.6.2 - mini updates
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2012, 05:06:11 pm »

The "potion" itself may best be produced through a reaction that produces a food item (like bisquits, but perhaps a new one named "potion") of a given material which is named for it's effects (So a recuperation potion is a "potion" food item made from recuperation-puddy.) The material itself will need to be solid at normal temperatures because I honestly doubt they'll try to eat puddles, and convincing them to drink anything other than booze produced from plants has proven difficult in the past.

Indeed it would be dangerous to provide potions that permit fire effects, because it's rather difficult to convince a syndrome to prevent an individual from combusting when exposed to flames because you cannot select materials or tissues, or use just about any tag with a variable. You can make them FIREIMMUNE, but they can still catch on fire, and when the effect wears off they will promptly burn and die.

However, potion of value would be a potion that drastically increases recuperation and disease resistance to be stored near the hospital and fed to patients. And for military use, anything long-lasting that increases other attributes or adds NOPAIN.

In this way, players could restrict soldiers to using a potion stockpile from which they will take their meals, with the effects lasting long enough that they will likely be active during combat. Or if a potion is easy enough to produce and non-intrusive/beneficial to civilian life, they can be stored in any stockpile.

A potion that causes horrendous were-beast transfromations when your soldiers become enraged/enter a trance (without the CRAZED tag so your troops don't kill one-another) would also be cool. :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2012, 05:11:37 pm »

Oh dear, last time i messed with materials i end up with a glob of glob >.< . I attempted to make glue for leather "blocks" to make simple huts for southern Sergals. I believe it was the reaction however that was malformed.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2012, 05:17:20 pm »

Malformed reactions really are terrifying. I once tried to make "book" items through a "library" that could be read for skill increases, and it either wouldn't work and sucked up the materials or produced 10k books through the reaction, and I never did figure out what was wrong with it. :o

Genesis mod used reactions to produce food items, though. You can modify those, and as long as you're just using his reactions as a working example to concoct your own I doubt he'll bother you.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2012, 05:29:33 pm »

Yeah, exactly why potions that give abilities would be kept in adventure mode, whereas immunity or charisma boosting potions might be something consumed at any time, you could even fluff it up and say it's mixed in with some other drink, like wine, charisma booster + booze, or immune system booster + booze, both can lead to a dumb sex joke!
Soldiers with waterskins might end up bringing a bottle of 'Firebreath' potion with them, at complete random, since they fill it with either water or booze depending on what is available, if such Fun potions are available in fortress mode.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2012, 06:20:19 pm »

It seems that dragons are immune ot there own fire, could this pass over to Agunder fire? thought dragons still die in the fires caused of course.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2012, 06:56:35 pm »

Well, for the sake of your adventurer not paralyzing themselves with a mouthful of paralyzing gas, yeah, the drinker should probably be immune to the effects of the syndrome while the effect lasts.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2012, 10:28:14 pm »

The land of the beast men is on the march, May the other races tremble.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've done some testing, breath weapons don't seem at all to work. as the above post, they catch fire or paralyze themselves. my only idea is to make a potion that explodes on impact.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2012, 12:07:49 pm »

That's one angry Nevrean lady. D:
How do you get an exploding potion anyway? In DF terms, I mean.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2012, 01:07:13 pm »

a material that's a gas at room temperature, the workshop will put the material into the container instantly, and when the bottle is broken or opened the gas is than sprayed out like miasma or evil clouds giving whatever comes in contact with it a syndrome.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vilous Mod V1.7 - secret update
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2012, 02:07:37 pm »

bump for 1.7 secret race update. I'll post the races info once someone finds them and posts a screen shot.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
DARTHBOOGALO'S UPDATE FANTASM TIME
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2012, 04:05:17 pm »

Post is way too long for the forum, so..
http://pastebin.com/U9pgxXJS
Scroll down to 'Raw Paste Data', right click any text inside the box, select all, copy, paste it into this forum's 'Post Reply' and hit 'Preview' to see my properly formatted post.
Sorry. e.e
E: I changed Agunder and Talyxian entity files so they have a Healer instead of a Chief Medical Dwarf, pastebin updated.
How would I make Talyxians move faster then other races? Not terribly so, just a bit of an edge.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:10:34 pm by DarthBoogalo »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2012, 05:36:26 pm »

lower the value in [speed]  speed is the delay per frames before they can move.  default is 900

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2012, 07:46:18 pm »

[SPEED:700] Seems fast enough.. or 750? It'll defiantly help soldiers catch up to fleeing animals.
I don't use hunters as much as I should, I just send people to flail their weapons at (mostly)defenseless animals.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2012, 08:22:47 pm »

If your curious on exactly how fast they run look for real life creatures and find there average speed online that should give you a decent idea how fast they would be able to travel.

also i just read the story mixed in with the raw fixes XD, wow, is all i can say, df has always been an amazing tool for stories ^^

also, arena tests prove that drill based combat logs are not for the squeamish >.<
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:36:55 pm by darklord92 »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2012, 10:24:21 pm »

It is great story teller, isn't it?
Yeah, I gave drills a smaller contact point then picks, and picks were already pretty awesome weapons, it'll be even more squick when/if toady makes it so a weapon can rip innards out, a cone of gore from an entry wound in the eye..
Anyway, Here are some weapon raws for the Talyxians, yay!
I may have made Talyxian weapons too badass.. But that is kind of the point, working on their entity now.
E: Added maces, oops.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:51:16 pm by DarthBoogalo »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31