Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 61008 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: Inquisition Symphony
« Reply #435 on: June 05, 2012, 02:12:08 pm »

The next moment a door opened and two Guards drag the unconscious Tavius in.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 05, 2012, 02:19:02 pm »

((Okay. For this, I'm also assuming he's hopped up on truth serum.))

Tavius coughed a bit, then regained conciousness. And it was pretty clear that he had some words for the inquisitor.

"Hey bitch, you want the truth?!"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 05, 2012, 04:47:32 pm »

Even Roim could realize the sheer stupidity of that taunt. All of them were little better than walking corpse now.

Facepalm. Hard. Try not to break my nose.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 06, 2012, 12:22:48 pm »

((I am torn somewhere between thanking Tavius for trying to make me into the new Patriarch and banging my head on a plasma mine))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 06, 2012, 05:52:57 pm »

Joras shows another wicked grin.

"No need for that Lord Archon, i trust your words. But you forget something, it appears even an Archon is missing the basic principles of Inquisition these days. There is no innocence only degrees of guilt. Does that sound familiar to you? Are how about that one: a plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. And as it is Lord Archon your pleas are wasting my time. You are guilty of a hand too lax. Therefore i think i have just the right thing to do for you. I heard that you planned a Crusade. You will lead that Crusade my dear Archon and you will lead it for the Church. But you will lead it alone, paid from your own coffers, leading only your own troops..."

Hearing the insult of Tavius she turns around.
Joras, is quite strong for her old looks. A kick into your face knocks out several teeth.

"Hrmm, i like it when they fight. This one is at least guilty now of insulting an Inquisitor, a death sentence in itself. The Truth, of course i want to know the Truth, thats my job. Although i am surprised that you make it that easy...your lady should hire more trusty servants..."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:03:42 pm by Ghazkull »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 06, 2012, 06:07:25 pm »

"Certainly wasn't because someone told me to, that's for sure. Besides, Always wanted to bag an inquisitorial kill before I kicked the bucket.

So yes, I killed one of your colleagues for the hell of it. And hey, hunting and killing an inquisitor or one of their staff is by now means easy. It's a good challenge. Sure, someone may've benefitted from his death, but for that job, I had no employer, I did it on my own intuition.

And Averys does, but you seem to not realize that the truth itself is a dangerous weapon, one that the church so desperatly tries to hide from

Now tell me, why does the church happen to be absolutely hypocritical to their own teachings. Doesn't the pancreator want you to spread peace and tolerance, and yet the existance of your station say otherwise? I mean, I'm a damn athiest and I'm likely far more adhering to the pancreator's values than you'll ever be able to live up to, bar you becoming a nun. You lot are nothing but a bunch of dessicated, shriveled up relics of an age long forgotten, bullies and just downright absolute horrid people. Sure, I may be a terrible person myself, but the fact is inquisitor, we're not so different, I just don't lie about it, nor do I lord over them with an ego that should seems to be larger than this planet"

Tavius had a snarky grin on his face. Sure, he was likely to die here, so why not point out some of their flaws and maybe have a bit of fun while he's at it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:13:08 pm by Taricus »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 06, 2012, 06:12:07 pm »

Ah, so you intend on throwing hurdles in my path? Pancreator bless you, you have no idea how helpful you are right now...

Luthias remained silent, observing the ordeal. So far the inquisitor supplied the Archon with ample munitions and arguments against house Nova, while he himself felt strong enough to lift whatever burden was thrown at him. A lone crusade against a hundred million xenos was not an insurmountable task.

The assasin was a funny man, who seemed to get the most out of his remaining hours of life by immersing himself in the worst of heresies. And who could blame him?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 06, 2012, 06:22:09 pm »

She grinned and her grin grew even more wicked (if that was even possible).

"Ah, hypocritical you call me? Interesting. You see, i heard that a thousand times, at least. You know what happened to those "atheists" once they enjoyed the company of some of my friends long enough? They begged and screamed for "GOD" to help them. But i digress, to answer your question: yes that's the will of the pancreator. But even an idiot should know that the world is not only made of hugs and rainbows. For that the Pancreator also allowed the forming of the Ecclesia Custodes, the Shield of the Believers. To protect those who can't, by means the Pancreator forbids them to use. And as you know not all of us are of the purest kind, not even an Inquisitor or an Archon"

she threw several meaningful looks towards the Archon and Aeverys.

"You know like sheep and children, not all stay on the right way if you just tell them. Some won't hear and digress to far from the way the Pancreator has set for us. And in this case the Utilitarian in the Human wins. Sacrifice the few, to save the many. That's why i am here, why i am doing what i must. I am that what is elsewise forbidden. I create examples on people like you, so that others may hear of it and think twice before leaving the path of enlightenment. I hope that is explanation enough for you."

she kicked Tavius again, this time in the groin area. then she drew out a small flask, with the engraving of a holy saint and took a deep draft.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 06, 2012, 06:39:43 pm »

Tavius only recoiled slightly from the kick, and the pain did have an effect on him, JUST not the effect that the inquisitor expected...

"Oh, I guess you're going to show the the exact things you used to elict that responce from them? I'm sure I'll enjoy seeing those in action. And I wholeheartedly know that the world isn't made of rainbows and such. The fact that the church itself exists as it is acts as undeniable truth to that, escpecially since they have dogs like you running around.

Of course, all your methods to is make the fact that those "deviants" far more correct, and I'd hardly say that enforcing church dominance is a utilitarian doctrine. And all killing me will do is make me a martyr, proving me right all the while that you are indeed the monsters that the pancreator wanted everyone protected from. There a far difference from protecting and helping the people than it is to indoctrinate them. Your order exists to hunt down those who may've just skipped a prayer session or just didn't care about the church just to enforce it's dominance when there a far more worse criminals breaking your "Holy laws" but yet you do nothing about them."

Tavius' grin grew darker, it never faded, not once, while he was bound.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 06, 2012, 06:43:05 pm »

"Tis a poor martyr if there is no one to speak of it, assassin."

Luthias allowed himself a snide comment, but only because he was enjoying himelf too much. For someone who got caught red-handed the man certainly had a big mouth.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 06, 2012, 06:50:51 pm »

"Ah, but you are here, witnessing it, are you not. Doubt always tugs at the mind right until you die. Sure, you can justify it, but this will never leave you, save for lobotomization."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 06, 2012, 06:56:53 pm »

"Pure faith leaves little room for doubt and remorse. Path of the righteous is one of unwavering certainty in the principle, but that is cleary something beyond your understanding."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 06, 2012, 06:58:56 pm »

"And a closed mind is one doomed to starve itself of ideas and repeat history."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 06, 2012, 07:06:59 pm »

"I'm not going to hold it against you that you know nothing of sacred orders contained within church that deal with science, histoy, research and exploration."

Luthias ceased to answer assasin's words after that statmenet. He was growing rather impatient with the entire ordeal and waited for the main argument held by the inquisitor.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 06, 2012, 07:14:32 pm »

"Oh i love it, how you hope that i kill you poor assassin. You would enjoy it wouldn't you? But there are fates worse than death and there are fates which allows some like you to redeem themselves. Tell me Assassin, have you ever heard of House Rastyqua and the Planet Vengeance?"

Joras liked playing with her prey and this one especially. Turning hunters first into prey and then bring them to the herd was one of the more enjoyable things in her job. The Minor Assistant the Assassin has killed had been unimportant, but it allowed so much possibilities for her to fulfill her agenda and those of her superiors...
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 89