Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 61001 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: Inquisition Symphony
« Reply #420 on: May 27, 2012, 02:08:05 pm »

Avery's took a moment. Tavius's life was, for all intents and purposes, forfeit. It would be easy to throw him to the wolves...

"...This man is one of mine.

And, he's no assassin. He's a bodyguard. I allow him a certain amount of freedom, so that he may safeguard me and my own. He operates often without direct orders. It's easier that way. I suppose, he has overstepped his bounds this time.

But, his only goal was ever the safety of my realm. I am sorry for the intrusion. He only did what he thought was best."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 27, 2012, 02:24:06 pm »

Trent walked up beside Azthor as he stood in the streets ordering men into position, and weapons into the arms of soldiers, Trent spoke quickly, "Under the current circumstances don't you think it'd be best if you didn't have all these men armed, and about in the streets below, as some say an army of ants should hide from the predator above. Now I think that is a wise proverb if you apply it to this situation, don't you say Commander?"

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 29, 2012, 01:23:42 pm »

"And make every civilian building in a ten mile radius into a target for that ship's laser batteries? If it does come to opening fire against that frigate, the bulk of the damage is coming from the fort, not the soldiers down here; not to mention it'd be an atrocity to down that thing without having evacuated the area directly below it: as you ought to know, the damage caused by an object that heavy falling bears little difference to that brought forth by standard orbital bombardment... Still, if it will settle you down, know that I fully intend on having the men take cover before the situation degenerates"

((You probably won't be able to get the xenos fitted in "modern" armor; the planet's current production capacity is limited to late medieval levels, the house army's current equipment having taken the use of a few artifacts. Hopefully, the next few turns will see some major improvements on these grounds. Alas, who knows, if you are willing to look the black market up, you just might find something))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:30:00 pm by Azthor »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 29, 2012, 01:32:17 pm »

"My point is that is an Inquisitional Frigate, your men out in the open here isn't what Avereys needs as its just escalating the situation. My suggestion is to 'withdraw' your troops, evacuate the area, and come back with a smaller force hidden within these supposedly abandoned buildings, I wouldn't take a risk with those weapon batteries. If they wanted they could demolish this entire place before you could do anything about it. Keep that in mind Commander, and remember the Church is friend when you face them face to face, but a foe the second you turn your back on them." Trent said as he pulled his hood up further, and turned to being walking up the street, his guards falling in around him as he advanced up the road.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 29, 2012, 01:52:14 pm »

((correction adwarf; it is my frigate, but it merely has inquisitor onboard. also, saying that church is the enemy is heretical. ))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:07 pm »

((correction adwarf; it is my frigate, but it merely has inquisitor onboard. also, saying that church is the enemy is heretical. ))
((I didn't say you were the enemy, so long as we fall to the ground and let you walk all over us :3))

((Also might as well be Inquisition property now that your under trial))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 29, 2012, 02:01:35 pm »

((Lets not get into the argument who the ship belongs to or whats happening on board. Your character has no knowledge of what is going on up there. all you know is that Luthias came in that ship and that there is inquisitor there.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 29, 2012, 02:03:43 pm »

((I know, I'm not metaing as you are inferring there, and I am simply acting as my character would. Seeing an Inquistor take you three up to the ship would give most people the idea that it belongs to the Inquisition. So my statement is perfectly justified, any who lets not start arguing as that'll be a waste of all our time to do so.))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 29, 2012, 02:06:17 pm »

((Fair enough. its just that YaK made me allergic to meta happening.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 29, 2012, 02:07:47 pm »

((Fair enough. its just that YaK made me allergic to meta happening.))
((Thats fair enough considering how chaotic that train wreck is))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 05, 2012, 01:10:44 pm »

((OOC: you rolled bad...really, really bad...and thats were Tavius bad rolls from escaping the Church holdings come into play))
A deep bitter laugh erupted from the Inquisitoress.

" All four of you are guilty. Aeverys i had supposed that you would at least spare me lies but as i see the weapon of the Traitor is the Lie."

she hit some buttons on a nearby terminal and a video feed of the Archons private chambers appears. The scene of the Murder of the Inquisitional servant played completely through. All the while Tavius can be clearly seen.

"Now as you just stated Lady Aeverys this man acted under you order, making you as guilty as him. And you Archon are the only one who could have profited from this murder, so tell me what should keep me from thinking that you were involved in this?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 05, 2012, 01:16:38 pm »

((Am I concious yet? I REALLY want to yell at this bitch :P))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 05, 2012, 01:27:07 pm »

Luthias was rather calm, but stounded at absurdity of the charge. Until he realised that Inquisition was playing a different game. Reformists weren't highly regarded, and this was an ample opportunity to get rid of the Si'kar Archon.

"While appearing as suspicious, my part in this cannot be proven. I simply did not know of the inquisition agent in my offices. Moreover,my records, chambers and facilities are always open to inquisitorial check, so there was no need for me to seek a removal of anyone. I would be even willing to ingest truth serum, to prove my word. After all, the innocent are not afraid to be tested.
I propose that Lady averys does so with me. That way we could find out the exact reason behind this terrible sacrilege."

Years of mental training as well as real innocence on Luthias' part guaranteed him safe way out if inquisitor wished to prepare the dreaded chemical coctail. While at the forefront of spiritual fight, inquisition was aware of body and its inner workings. Luthias knew but the surface of this, but that was enough to instill healthy respect for the dreaded ministers of purity.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 05, 2012, 02:01:58 pm »

((tAricus yes you are ;) ))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 05, 2012, 02:02:38 pm »

((I'm in the room? Or do I have to break out of a prison cell?))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 89