Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 10  (Read 6503 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 7
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2011, 07:15:47 am »

search the bag, then hop down and try to get a first or second hand retelling of the story.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2011, 08:15:52 am »

Just continue to head back to the base.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2011, 10:04:55 am »

Turn 8: Mission accomplished?

Len:
Head back to base with my loot.

[6] You take a few careful steps, but can't feel any pain in your leg, so you stop worrying about it and head back to the base with some haste. When you arrive the pain comes back, tenfold (-2hp). You start to check your loot. [2] Seems like your hat took a hit or two, rendering it worthless. [5] The paints are of rare colour and good quality, might be worth a few coins. [4] The jewelry you stole looks quite valuable, but jewelry isn't your area of expertise so you aren't sure what their true worth is.

Hilda:
Ask the officer his name, address, and where he goes for a drink for future reference, perhaps we might meet again, handsome, and then head back to base via an indirect route to split the loot.

Perhaps my charm can corrupt the lovely officer! Might be useful in the future. Blackmail maybe.

You do a little suggestive small talk, slip some questions here and there, [5] and manage to get all the information required. His name appears to be Willis Lyndon, he lives in the guardhouse, hates his job, and drowns himself in alcohol every payday at the Thirsty Badger, located in the slums. You tell him that you'll contact him if you need company. [3] Then you head back to the base making sure that this guard isn't following you.

Trait gained:

Contact - City guards officer Willis: If you get caught in Karkarth, a certain someone is there to guarantee that some of your crimes might go unpunished.

Joshua:
Just continue to head back to the base.

You take a few light steps to back away from this guard, [5] and manage to do so unnoticed, blending within the alley's shadows. You also successfully reach the base without causing any further trouble.

Derm:
search the bag, then hop down and try to get a first or second hand retelling of the story.

[6] Theres only a few copper and silver coins in the bag, might be foreign coins as you can't recognize the markings on them. That would also explain why the previous owner didn't buy anything. For some reason the bag feels even lighter then before, that hole in the bottom of the bag might be the reason for it. [5] You start to ask questions about the cause of this chaos and manage to get answers from an old lady. She tells you that a fight took place and points to the place where you saw that big man lying on the ground. She also tells that the other fighter left in a hurry right after the fight had ended.

Spoiler: micelus - Len (click to show/hide)
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2011, 10:34:02 am »

Suggest splitting the loot and enquire as to any possible missions from the boss.

Hmm, what day is payday for guards?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2011, 10:43:10 am »

Agree to split the loot with Hilda. We'll come out on top either way.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2011, 10:52:25 am »

Transfer the coins into the other bag to prevent more spillage, and track down this other man.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 8
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2011, 05:13:57 pm »

Head inside and present my loot to the boss. Except the hat; equip the hat.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2011, 01:57:55 pm »

Announcement:

Bad news: There won't be a turn post in a few days as a project that I'm working at has fallen a bit (read: too much) from schelude and its deadline is nearing at alarming rate, so I'll need to do some overtime at work. Turn will probably be up at saturday.

Good news: I've enjoyed GM:ing this game so far, and writing up the turns doesn't take that much time (atm just too exhausted after work to write them), so I'll be taking 2 more players at some point.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2011, 03:14:07 pm »

Waitlist me please. When I'm on the 3-4th position I'll do the sheet.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 9
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2011, 09:15:38 am »

Turn 9: Worth the coin

Len:
Head inside and present my loot to the boss. Except the hat; equip the hat.

You present your loot to Marcus. He welcomes your valuables, struggling to hide his smile, but you can see that he definitely is satisfied with your findings. "Congratulations boy, it seems that you have talent on this business, and that kind of talent is just what we need right now. I'll get these trinkets inspected and tell you how much they are worth when I'll get the information."

At this rate the debt will be cleared in no time.

Hilda:
Suggest splitting the loot and enquire as to any possible missions from the boss.

"Well now, eager are we? I suggest that you take some rest first." Marcus replies to your mission request. You present your share of the loot to him and he starts to count the coins. He seems to be pleased with your enthusiasm towards your work, and your work towards his well-being.

Debt remaining = 15g 7s 5c

//The payday of guards is monday of every odd-numbered week, which will be the next monday

Joshua:
Agree to split the loot with Hilda. We'll come out on top either way.

You split the loot with Hilda, and give your share to your boss, the silver ring included. You tell him that the rings value should be splitted with you and Hilda, he gives you a small nod. A moment ago you were sure that you'd be the top pair at this contribution, but then you saw Len with a pile of all kinds of jewelry and expensive looking paints. You're not so sure about your victory anymore, but does it really matter?

Debt remaining = 15g 7s 5c

Derm:
Transfer the coins into the other bag to prevent more spillage, and track down this other man.

You start to track this man after making sure that the coins won't be spilling to the ground anymore. After spending lots of time you realize that, [1] you are lost, totally lost, you had no idea that a part like this even existed in this city, and you aren't sure how to get back to the marketplace from here. Well, at least you have to try. As you are about to leave, you get interrupted by three mean looking guys. They are pointing at you with their knives.
"Give us all your money or you will be sorry." The guy in the middle rhymes at you.

Spoiler: micelus - Len (click to show/hide)

Waitlist me please. When I'm on the 3-4th position I'll do the sheet.

Added.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2011, 09:29:58 am »

"Ah my fellow partners in crime, I see you got some loot too,eh? Well if you got any more heists, then count me in, I may have damaged a limb, but I've got this neat hat and stuff!"

After greeting Joshua and Hilda, Len looks for a comfortable looking place and rests his wound, all the while practicing his forging (signatures) skills.

(Also, is it ok if I make a description for Len now? A bit late, I know, but I wasn't really in the mood for writing back then.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:34:41 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2011, 10:05:51 am »

(Also, is it ok if I make a description for Len now? A bit late, I know, but I wasn't really in the mood for writing back then.)

Ye, feel free to do so.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2011, 10:16:48 am »

Ninja up the side of a nearby building like I had done before. Escape, and find an appraiser.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2011, 10:20:51 am »

Joshua kicked back for a few moments and looked up at Marcus. "So... what do we do now, eh?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2011, 02:46:23 pm »

Find somewhere to have a bath and get all pleasantly clean, and make a mental note to head to the Thirsty Badger next Monday. Then echo Joshua's question - what shall we do?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6